Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2016, 08:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: quantum ws31
State: New York
THOR #5878
Question confused

How come I can't find any discussions on the Quantum line of Thor?

Old 11-08-2016, 12:33 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
State: Florida
THOR #1907
Welcome to the forum. As to your question, my take would be that since they were just released a short time ago, very few have hit the market and even fewer have joined the forum. Just my $.02 worth. What information are you seeking? Most likely whatever it is, that subject has been discussed already.
My suggestion, start a discussion about your experience with the Quantum.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:44 AM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #4919
Just a thought, but the Quantum is basically a up scale Four Winds or Chateau Class C, you can probably consider them to be about the same.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #4

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425

we wondered the same about the super C's- figure they are so awesome that no one writes or joins in on the forums OR they just are not that numerous OR they are so pitiful that there are no complaints cuz people already traded them in!???opcorn :
Would love to see more super C discussions, mods, interiors, etc but it does seem that the smaller class C's are the average!
Old 11-08-2016, 03:13 PM   #5

THOR #4919
When I was at the THOR Customer Service facility, in Wakarusa, Indiana, there were 2 Super C's there for service. So awesome, might be the wrong adjective. But I have no ideas what they were in there for.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #6

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinek.steve View Post
When I was at the THOR Customer Service facility, in Wakarusa, Indiana, there were 2 Super C's there for service. So awesome, might be the wrong adjective. But I have no ideas what they were in there for.
HMM..WELL HOPE IT'S JUST DUMB STUFF--ours has been fabulous- a couple of cosmetic re glue things, a mirror door came un-tacked but we fixed that- we did have a lippert jack issue initially but that has been resolved---we love it, the comfy, the room and the extra power- we are not towing yet but do have two big mountain bikes bitch mounted right now....no issues with the Ford truck part---had an alignment done after about 1000 miles----had the oil changed on the generator as instructed after first 20-30 hours---knock on wood from what we read, we would recommend the size and space to anyone in a comparable diesel class A! rides and drives great!
Old 11-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #7

State: Indiana
THOR #3245
Quantum

The Quantum line is built in an entirely separate facility than the other Thor class c motorhomes and they only build the Quantum line. They are hard to find (sell quickly) and are a generally about the same price or a little more than a fully loaded Four Winds.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #8

THOR #4919
It sounds like THOR decided to invest money and duplicate the Class C production line to build the slightly more upscale Quantum. Wonder what the ROI for that looked like ?

This almost sounds like the approach that the "Old" GM took when they initially started the Saturn line. Years later they still hadn't made money and rolled it all into standard GM production, with all the prat falls that came with that. Then eventually, when push came to financial shove, the just got rid of it.

Somehow, just fixing the original problems would seem more investment worthy.