Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2014, 11:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: West Virginia
THOR #902
Ground clearance on Palazzo

Currently have ACE 29.2 with steep driveway and bike rack on back it will drag a little. Would like to trade for 2015 Palazzo 33.2 but concerned with ground clearance front and back. Anyone with issues, info on clearance spec's or ideas?
Thank You

Old 09-28-2014, 01:47 AM   #2

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #547
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodridsge View Post
Currently have ACE 29.2 with steep driveway and bike rack on back it will drag a little. Would like to trade for 2015 Palazzo 33.2 but concerned with ground clearance front and back. Anyone with issues, info on clearance spec's or ideas?
Thank You
We have level entry into our drive, but there is a drain gutter where the drive meets the street, and our Palazzo front skirt drags as we go into the street - solved by putting a 2x12 in the drain gutter. I suspect if you have a steep entry into your drive, any MH will drag, although the Palazzos have less rear overhang than most of the larger gas fueled units. If this is a decision critical concern, you might ask the dealer to bring it out and see if you can get it into your driveway.
2014 Thor Tuscany XTE 40GQ
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:24 AM   #3

Model: Venetian
State: Texas
THOR #3485
Have a 2016 33.2 Palazzo that scraped front cap when going from subdivision street to main road. The sub road is a bit higher than the main road. The Palazzo is very low to the ground compared to other MHs. You would think that the front angle of attack would be better designed.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:46 AM   #4

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #1350
When on my big trip last year through the States, I had to be careful where I bought fuel. A lot of the entrances have a hump as you drive in. We dragged our tow assembly on the ground at one station!!
Old 01-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #5

State: California
THOR #3545
I have same type of issue with mine 36' . What I do is I place a ramp-like piece of wood on the deepest part of the dip so when the coach goes over it it lifts it some preventing the scrape.