Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29 Fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #7532
Furance fan

today I pulled my class c thor freedom elite out and washed it while I wash my unit I decide to turn on the generator and run my ac unit my generator ran for about hour while running the ac unit, after I finished washing my unit I ran my slide outs and back in , then turn off everything and I notice the furnace fan was running and it ran after I turn off everything even the generator, what should I look for to find out what going on with the fan?

Old 10-15-2019, 03:34 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
It is possible that while washing, water got in the furnace access door and on the control board. Try blowing it out with air if you have a compressor available.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:23 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Water getting onto the furnace circuit board. I had the same problem multiple times after rain. Searching this and other forums will result in lots of posts on this common problem. When I first called Thor about this, they got Atwood on the phone and sent me a new board, which proved to be unnecessary as the problem re-occurred with the new board. Drying out the board fixed the problem until the next rain.

Atwood doesn’t properly seal their covers and located the control board horizontally over a plastic shelf that holds water. Very bad design. They have a board relocation kit, but wouldn’t sell me one - they said I’d have to go to an authorized dealer to get one installed. If you are under warranty will will cost only the time and the cost of getting to an authorized dealer. My authorized dealer was a Camping World which was an unpalatable solution.

I ended up getting some rubber door seal and putting it into the slot where the cover flange goes. Also drilled a few holes in the plastic shelf To prevent accumulation of water. Problem appears to be solved as it’s been over a year with no issues.

Seal is something like this

https://www.lowes.com/pd/M-D-17-ft-x...rstrip/1096091

Attached picture shows the installed weatherstrip. There are still remnants of a temporary campground attempted fix with silicon sealer which didn’t work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E306BA1F-F610-4D74-85E4-3F07D70C11E6.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	21101  
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote