Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
Heater trying to lite with A/C on.

We drove our Hurricane 27K to Menifee Wilderness Lakes, which is only 10 miles from our home. Nice site, full hook ups and 8 feet from the water. About 5 or 6 hours later, I heard the heater trying to lite and the A/C was running. Turned the thermostat all the way down with no change. Then shut off the shore power and flip the switch in the coach to store, still no change. No DC or AC volts in the coach but the igniter was still clicking.

Pulled the outside panel on the heater and found a circuit board with an on/off switch on top. Switch it off and the igniter stop clicking. Powered back up and no A/C. Turned the switch on for the circuit board, A/C came on and the igniter started clicking again. Saw 2 red wires on the circuit board, pull one off and the clicking went faster. Pulled the other one off also and the igniter stopped clicking. Powered back up and everything was normal, except for the heater. Who in the hell needs a heater in California anyway. I will take it in to the service department and see what they can do.

Why does the heater bypass the Use/Store Switch?

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Stupid question, but how is your thermosat set
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:39 AM   #3
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivejackie View Post
We drove our Hurricane 27K to Menifee Wilderness Lakes, which is only 10 miles from our home. Nice site, full hook ups and 8 feet from the water. About 5 or 6 hours later, I heard the heater trying to lite and the A/C was running. Turned the thermostat all the way down with no change. Then shut off the shore power and flip the switch in the coach to store, still no change. No DC or AC volts in the coach but the igniter was still clicking.

Pulled the outside panel on the heater and found a circuit board with an on/off switch on top. Switch it off and the igniter stop clicking. Powered back up and no A/C. Turned the switch on for the circuit board, A/C came on and the igniter started clicking again. Saw 2 red wires on the circuit board, pull one off and the clicking went faster. Pulled the other one off also and the igniter stopped clicking. Powered back up and everything was normal, except for the heater. Who in the hell needs a heater in California anyway. I will take it in to the service department and see what they can do.

Why does the heater bypass the Use/Store Switch?
What got my attention was when you said you were 8' from the water. We had a pretty good storm a while back and the ignitor on my coach started clicking. I removed the cover turned off th switch and noticed a little water had gotten inside. I dried the area with a hair dryer put the switch back on and no clicking. I am just wondering if being near the water had anything to do with it. I was told that if a little water gets on the circuit board it will create a short. Just a thought.

Kev
Old 09-26-2016, 05:39 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
Thanks, Kev. That's sounds like it could be the answer.

After I hooked up the city water, I noticed water dripping from under the coach. I tighten the fitting and the leak stopped. Later when I removed the panel everything looked dry. All it takes is a little moisture to short out that exposed circuit board.

Thanks again

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote