Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2017, 11:43 PM   #21

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
State: Florida
THOR #6288
See it now.thanks

Old 03-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Maryland
THOR #6327
Hi dstankov, agreed that the Aussie grill is not a big deal as I had seen the link you posted some time ago while browsing the forums and that is indeed the way to go.

So the deal is done. Placed order today for the 2018 model with dual AC and 5.5KW generator and power driver's seat (standard now)
Old 03-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #23

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Vah, I agree with the others, you won't miss the Aussie grill, it's ok but nothing spectacular. The outside kitchen is Great. Congratulations!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:20 AM   #24

THOR #6327
Finally the day had arrived!! We picked up our Hurricane 31S today at Beckley's in Thurmont, MD. Very happy with the whole process from the start in March to pickup today and especially how my wife and I were treated. The drive home is about 60 miles mostly interstate and no problems. I was very concerned with what to expect regarding handling and was pleasantly surprised especially when 18 wheelers blew by me and I was travelling between 60 and 65mph and as long as I anticipated the wind push I was fine with the steering corections. Granted the coach only had a full fuel tank, 40% filled fresh water and full propane so lightly loaded. The most impressive was parking. I backed into the spot previously occupied by the 26' TT: It took 1 pass and the a correction to line up in the center of the spot. This was so much easier than backing in the TT. 1st trip is likely weekend after July 4th and then a long trip in early August to Upstate New York either east or west of Corning.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #25

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by vah5708 View Post
Finally the day had arrived!! We picked up our Hurricane 31S today at Beckley's in Thurmont, MD. Very happy with the whole process from the start in March to pickup today and especially how my wife and I were treated. The drive home is about 60 miles mostly interstate and no problems. I was very concerned with what to expect regarding handling and was pleasantly surprised especially when 18 wheelers blew by me and I was travelling between 60 and 65mph and as long as I anticipated the wind push I was fine with the steering corections. Granted the coach only had a full fuel tank, 40% filled fresh water and full propane so lightly loaded. The most impressive was parking. I backed into the spot previously occupied by the 26' TT: It took 1 pass and the a correction to line up in the center of the spot. This was so much easier than backing in the TT. 1st trip is likely weekend after July 4th and then a long trip in early August to Upstate New York either east or west of Corning.
You finally have it! Congratulations and enjoy!

2018 Hurricane 31S (sold)
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #26

THOR #5196
Congratulations!!! Hope you enjoy many happy and safe trips!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:30 AM   #27

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Congrats and enjoy!!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:21 AM   #28

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
THOR #6288
mpinva,
Congrats on the new 31's.
I have the 2016. I hope you have two air conditioners in the 50 amp outlet with the 5500 Onan generator. Those are the main things I'm missing but other than that I love it follow the great ideas about handling CHF, steering stabilizer, track bar and so on. All are needed. Then add installation under the engine hub
Old 06-23-2017, 02:00 AM   #29

THOR #6327
Thank you. Yes we have two AC's, 5500 Generator and 50Amp circuitry and fully adjustable drivers seat which is now standard. I plan to start planning mods this weekend . 1st item is to install the Progressive Industries surge protector. I requested schematics from Thor to have these handy when I do this work and any other.
BTW I have to take the coach back to the dealer to fix the windscreen roller blind which does not roll all the way down. Also there is a push button switch on a pair of wires hanging from the left hand end of the roller itself. We saw these two items but we had to leave to dealer this evening so we noted ti and will be back to get this fixed plus any other items we discover in the next several days. Any ideas why the blind does not roll completely down and what is that switch for?
Old 06-23-2017, 02:04 AM   #30

THOR #5196
The push button on the wires you are referring to is used to set the limits for the roller shade, sounds like yours needs to be done. I don't remember the steps to adjust the shade limits but there should be a shade manual in your packet, it explains how to program the shade. My button hangs down too!

Your transfer switch is in a compartment under the bed, that's where you will need to install your surge protector, finally got around to doing mine today. Be prepared, it takes a while to do!
Old 06-23-2017, 02:18 AM   #31

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
For what it is worth be advised that the shade will not go all the way down if the engine is running or if the unit thinks the engine is on and running.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:44 AM   #32

THOR #6327
Many thanks SuperD
Old 06-23-2017, 02:45 AM   #33

THOR #6327
Okay that makes a lot of sense.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #34

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats!!! You need to change your model in your profile from "Still Looking" to match your new rig! Enjoy upstate NY, I grew up there and will also be going back up this July and August.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:23 PM   #35

THOR #6327
Correct and I just updated it.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #36
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by vah5708 View Post
I will be placing an order for 2018 model of the 31S this week. We are getting the dual AC. The power drive's seat which was optional in the 2017, is now standard option but the grill is no longer available which is not at all a big deal. Delivery expected in June.
I just took delivery of my 2018 31S and at the time of the order I made the grill part of the deal. Guess what they found one for me. You might give it a try you have nothing to lose.

Kev
Old 08-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #37

THOR #6327
Well a lot has happened since we got delivery of our coach. The front driver's side jack had to be replaced because it leaked and dumped fluid. The radio stopped working and that got replaced too. This was a week after delivery. Beckley's repaired everything. Fortunately we did not have any big trips planned till Aug 6th so no big deal. We took it in stride because I had given my retirement notice and was completing my last 3 weeks. Yesterday we drove 330 miles from Ellicott City to Bath NY area with 1 stop and a fill up in Bath before getting to the Camp Site. Average consumption was 9.2mpg and traveling @55mph average. The coach pulled like a champ over Tioga pass and the water and oil temp needles did not move. We were not towing and only had 3/4 full fresh water tanks. Handling was not too bad considering I'm daily driver is a VW GTI. Somewhat loaded, it handled much better than when lightly loaded and behaved better when 18 wheelers blew by us. After this trip will do the alignment and CHF and get the Tow dolly. I installed the Progressive Industries 50A protector. 6AWG wire is very difficult to work with and it was installed under the bed where the ATS and Inverter is located. It was not an easy task but its done. I was not too impressed by the electrical work done at the factory. An extra 30 minutes spent here would make the installation look more professional. Have a few minor issues like peeling wood covering of the toilet door, overhead bunk dropping down on the passenger side when the pin popped out due to movement as we travelled. That's fixed now thanks to a thread posted in the Thor Forum. Other small items were brain farts on my part. Thor Customer service and Beckley's have been great and prompt to help us. So far we are very happy and looking fwd to more trips now that I have more time to do so.