Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2016, 04:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: Ohio
THOR #4150
Issue with Axxera System in my Axis - white screen, nothing else but cameras display

Hi, I took my 2015 Axis 25.1 to camping world a few weeks ago for some service (just fan replacement and oil change). When I picked it up the service person said did you know that your stereo screen is not working? It was working fine when I dropped it off, so I am not sure what happened. When you turn it on the screen slowly fades into white. Bluetooth seems to connect but nothing happens. The speakers have a slight static noise, but cannot seem to do anything. Holding down the mode button does change it to the rear camera, but thats all I can do. Both side cameras still work.

I tried pressing the small reset pin. I am not sure what to do at this point, is the system toast or is there any way to get it back working?

Old 07-18-2016, 06:30 PM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I've had issues with by rear camera display before that have popped up....
I have found that sometimes I need to just re-boot everything
as in full pull the plug re-boot.
I shut everything off, right down to my house battery disconnect
power things back on after a time and cross my fingers.

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:31 PM   #3

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
by disconnect, I don't mean the "use-store" switch, I mean the disconnect switch I installed that basically removes the battery cable. (used normally for storage)
Old 07-18-2016, 06:44 PM   #4

THOR #4150
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
by disconnect, I don't mean the "use-store" switch, I mean the disconnect switch I installed that basically removes the battery cable. (used normally for storage)
I actually tried that already, same issue the screen turns on and slowly transitions from black to white with some colored lines mixed in.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:45 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I am new to motorhomes, so pardon if this is a dumb question. Are you disconnecting the truck battery or the house battery?
Old 07-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Just for giggles...
With it on, press and hold the menu button for 3 seconds.
Maybe it thinks you are viewing the rear camera???
Old 07-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #7

THOR #4150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Just for giggles...
With it on, press and hold the menu button for 3 seconds.
Maybe it thinks you are viewing the rear camera???
Still didnt work, I am wondering if the unit just needs to be replaced.. Although I still find it odd that after I took it for service at CW this issue occurred..
Old 07-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusdecimus View Post
Still didnt work, I am wondering if the unit just needs to be replaced.. Although I still find it odd that after I took it for service at CW this issue occurred..
Personally I don't find that odd at all. When any device, mechanic or electrical, is serviced or repaired, there is a lot of poking around and disturbing of things both intentional and collateral. Have you spoken to CW about this possibility? Have you thought about where they were likely working and checked those areas out and looked for out of place things such as loose wires, etc?

I'd be curious, if they were only doing the work you mentioned, how they became aware that your radio was not working.

If I were in your position, this is what I would do:
First of all visually inspect everything you can access related to the problem and also everywhere CW may have been working. Then I would call CW and tell then about this coincidence??. If that produced no help, I would contact Thor customer service about this coincidence.

I have seen several references in Thor Forums to Camping World service. Are they Thor dealers? If not I would not consider taking my RV there to be serviced. If they are, I would look around for any other RV service business that might be able to do Thor warranty work.

I still belong to the Airstream Forums, and since we joined in 2009, I have not seen one positive thing said about Camping World's service department, but plenty of negative. This does include some unproven accusations of breaking something to generate more service work. This is all hearsay. I have not experienced it myself, because I've been scared off by the bad press.

Ken