Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyStapler View Post
The drawer worked fine before. I have wood hitting on wood right now. Something has made the drawer taller than it should be.
Our wardrobe drawer started acting like that, and when we took the drawer out to check out the rails, we found that because we put stuff in it that was probably too heavy for the crap-tastic staples to hold, the drawer bottom had come apart from the back and was hanging down. It acted like something was stopping it from closing, which essentially... it was... but it wasn't the front; it was in the back.

2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:46 AM   #22

Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
I replace every drawer slide in my Axis 25.4 with some heavy duty soft close slides, I put a screw in every hole of the slide and did not use the little counter sunk screws that Thor used, some of the catches in the back had to be replace as the plastic was split an broken from them using a screw gun on the screw and over tightening, several of the screws they put in to attach the slide to the drawer were loose and some had fallen out. I look for the near future that all the cabinets, doors and drawers will be made out of plastic with a 3D printer
Old 11-14-2019, 02:36 AM   #23

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyStapler View Post
Our upper kitchen drawer always worked just fine until our last camping trip. The drawer would not close at all.
I can't figure out why. By the way, thank you everyone for all your excellent suggestions. I took out the drawer and used a flashlight to look inside and check all the hardware over. I just could not find anything wrong with the hardware.

This is a comparison to which you may relate. Everyday you put your car in your garage. Then one day you cannot enter your garage because the top of the car is hitting the wooden frame at the top of the garage door. Like your car grew too big!!

I am attaching a photo for your review.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this type of problem???

Check back of rails, screws loose or gone causing drawer to tilt
Old 11-14-2019, 03:02 AM   #24

State: Florida
THOR #6333
I had to shim the rails closer together at the front of the drawer. They were too far apart causing the rails on the drawer to pull away. The bearings eventually fell out on one side. Put the bearings back in, shimmed 3/16ths", slid drawer back in problem solved.