Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37KT
State: Alabama
THOR #387
LCI levelers issue, solved !!

My levelers wouldn't retract on my 2014 THOR Challenger, went through service manual , still nothing. A tech from my local dealership was coming by the campground I was at and offered to help. He had them repaired in 5 min, there is a breaker in the engine compartment above the battery. He reset that and they came back to life . Just a note NONE of the manual ways in the service manual or a call to LCI would fix them. The manual doesn't mention this breaker at all nor the tech from LCI. The Dealer tech told me you would never know about this breaker unless you worked on them all the time.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Thanks for posting that info. Until I have a chance to check if my Daybreak has that breaker, I copied your picture to my RV photo files.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #3

Model: 37KT
State: Alabama
THOR #387
I hope someone will read this and it will save them 3 hours of frustration.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:03 PM   #4

State: Texas
THOR #10865
Found breaker under hood, thanks

Thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 10:59 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
The chassis breaker sends power to the Thor fuse panel down by the drivers left foot. This panel has all the fuses and relays in the front cap installed by Thor (fans lights, mirrors, and control switches). The exception is the 12 volt receptacles on the dash. All Ford stuff is powered by the Ford power center under the hood.

As for the jacks (levelers), the power to the panel comes through the fuse panel in the front cap, but the actual power for the electrical hydraulic pump is from the house battery(s) through a 100 amp circuit breaker in the house battery compartment. The same 100 amp circuit breaker also sends power to the generator's starter motor. If either battery is below 12.4 volts, you will get a low voltage warning on the jack panel. If the voltage is below 10.5 volts on either battery, you can't move the jacks (up or down) until the batteries are charged. This is why it is best practice to let the engine run for at least 5 minutes before using the jack panel. If you have been dry camping for a spell, you may have to run the generator as well as the engine to get the jacks to retract. This should have been covered by the thorough PDI.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #6

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
One of my friends with a 2014(?) Hurricane 34F recently had the same problem. She may have even posted on here about it. Her actual problem was twofold:

1) The breaker was tripped. However, because it was hidden behind the batteries and you couldn't see it without sticking your head in the compartment, she never knew to reset it. It wasn't until I traced the motor wires from the hydraulic pump that I found the breaker and reset it. While the breaker was tripped, her generator wouldn't start either. Her leveling control panel kept saying "Low Voltage" until it was reset.

2) You may want to watch out this next second issue if you don't already know why your breaker blew (e.g., you manually extended the jacks and held it down). It may be that yours is on its way out as well, although I'm not sure if they fail intermittently like that or not.

Apparently some diode pack embedded in an older style of the wiring harness has a tendency to go bad and as a result, her jacks would only extend (lift coach). She had maxed out all the jacks and as a result the pump was pulling so much current it tripped the breaker.

The temporary fix was to disconnect the small two-wire connector on the left side of the pump which connects to a switching module that controls the hydraulic fluid direction. the module was very hot to the touch. Once disconnected, retract worked fine. Since she had an upcoming trip, we also confirmed you could reconnect it and auto-level again and disconnected to retract. It was a hassle, but got her working again.

She called LCI, confirmed her model number and ordered a new wire harness (around $100). Once she installed the new one, it operated as normal again.

Note that the manual retract didn't work either because the flow direction switch was always powered, causing the pump to always be in extend mode.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:04 PM   #7

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
yes your friend posted here and was told about the 3 fuse breakers many times. Guess she just couldn't find the one she needed
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:24 AM   #8

State: California
THOR #5999
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy51200 View Post
I hope someone will read this and it will save them 3 hours of frustration.
I'm currently at a campground and experienced this same issue with my 2017 Hurricane. I read about your issue, looked in my house battery compartment and sure enough the breaker had tripped. I pushed the yellow tab up and the jacks retracted without issue. Much thanks to members of this forum. [emoji106]
Old 09-08-2022, 04:29 PM   #9
Lap

State: Ohio
THOR #27909
We have s 2016 thor fourwinds motorhome we have the same problem the issue is we can't locate the breaker to reset it we have looked everywhere we even removed batteries still nothing anyone know where else it might be
Old 09-08-2022, 05:01 PM   #10
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap View Post
We have s 2016 thor fourwinds motorhome we have the same problem the issue is we can't locate the breaker to reset it we have looked everywhere we even removed batteries still nothing anyone know where else it might be
Trace the positive cables from your house battery. It is the same 100 amp breaker that goes to start your generator.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 07:10 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap View Post
If your house batteries are under the steps then the 100 amp CB will behind the steps attached to the frame. This is the same CB used by the generator's starter motor, so if the generator starts the 100 amp CB is good.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:43 PM   #12
Lap

State: Ohio
THOR #27909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Trace the positive cables from your house battery. It is the same 100 amp breaker that goes to start your generator.
Ok so thank you everyone I finally found the breaker and once the yellow flag was reset everything is now working. Wow they hid that very well.