Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2018, 03:02 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
I am having this same issue with my 2016 Challenger 37TB. Any better fix?
Blowing out the little holes appear to have been the solution. We have not had the problem since. However, I do plan to clear the holes annually with an air compressor attachment.

Couple of additional comments. Our 37TB is now in covered storage when not in use and I added gutters to assist with the water flow from the roof.

Hope this helps and feel free to reach out if I can add further clarification.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:27 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If the drain holes are plugged the water is going to go somewhere, usually inside. Holes get plugged from dirt, leaves, etc, best to check them once in a while as preventative maintenance.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
An earlier post hear mentioned leaking when the jacks were down. This is a huge issue with me also and why I don't use the jacks unless absolutely necessary. The frame and suspension of my coach is very firm and stable and most campsites are reasonably level. The flexing of the body and the creaking you hear while jacks are being deployed has to have some affect on seals, etc. Nothing "pops or creaks" without something coming loose. I think long term use of jacks in uneven terrain contribute to leaks over time. If I must use them, I do them manually and slowly...one pair at a time. So far, I have no leaks anywhere.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #24

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
I’m having same problem with drivers side window on 2019 Freedom Traveller A27. Taking the window out and resealing did not help. I’m going to tape off the entire window with plastic so I can see if the window is the problem.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #25

THOR #17765
I have a Freedom Traveller A27. Have had a water leak creating bubbles in the wallpaper below drivers window and above armrest. We took window out and resealed. Added a gutter above the windows. Reglobbed dicor over all the trim joints. Opened up the WiFi antenna. Wouldn’t you know it. The last thing we took off was the magnetic Sirius/XM antenna. The metal plate that it attached to was half ass sealed. But the magnetic antenna wasn’t. Had a hole the size of a quarter under it. Wet as all get out. Bingo. Check it out. Upon first glance it’ll look sealed.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:12 AM   #26

THOR #17765
Check the satellite radio antenna. Mine wasn’t sealed
Old 01-30-2020, 02:13 AM   #27

THOR #17765
Check the satellite radio antenna.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:08 PM   #28

State: Alabama
THOR #8122
Good luck we have had our 2018 hurricane to have leaks around dinette and passenger wi down fixed and they still haven’t gotten it correct. Only happens in pouring rain while we are camping not while driving.
Replaced one window also. Did you get your issue resolved with Thor? We have had dealer work on it now headed to Thor to have fixed hopefully
Old 07-18-2021, 09:16 PM   #29

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjb1950 View Post
Good luck we have had our 2018 hurricane to have leaks around dinette and passenger wi down fixed and they still haven’t gotten it correct. Only happens in pouring rain while we are camping not while driving.
Replaced one window also. Did you get your issue resolved with Thor? We have had dealer work on it now headed to Thor to have fixed hopefully
The satellite radio antenna was not sealed. The marker lights weren’t sealed. And the warranty tech put tons of pro Geocell on top and down sides of window after replacing the d seal. After several hard rains no more leaks. Dried it out with fan and dehumidifier. Then the tech came back and reappeared the wall. You’ll need to call Thor and have them put ina field service request. They’ll come to you.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:55 PM   #30

THOR #8122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
The satellite radio antenna was not sealed. The marker lights weren’t sealed. And the warranty tech put tons of pro Geocell on top and down sides of window after replacing the d seal. After several hard rains no more leaks. Dried it out with fan and dehumidifier. Then the tech came back and reappeared the wall. You’ll need to call Thor and have them put ina field service request. They’ll come to you.
Going to call them tomorrow to see how soon they can get to it
Old 07-18-2021, 11:06 PM   #31

THOR #8122
Going to call tomorrow to see when they can get to it
Old 07-18-2021, 11:51 PM   #32

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
Thank you for the info! Called the dealer and have an appointment to get the window resealed. I just wish RV dealers had the capcaity to make an appointment within a few days instead of weeks.
I took mine into crappy world two weeks ago to have that window replaced because they couldn't find the gasket for it. It sat for 4 days and nothing was done so I complained. It was in there the next day. They replaced the window and had a 2 year old caulk it, silicone all over the place. Under the window they didn't caulk the strip where the front meets the body. I asked them to send someone out with a caulking gun to seal it like before so water can't get between the panels. They were too busy so I did it myself
Old 07-31-2021, 08:58 PM   #33

Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
We have a leak in the passenger side window (on a ACE). During a heavy rain we could see where the water was dripping down from under the window. Thor just told me to take it into a shop and have them re-seal the window. It's under warranty. It's in the shop now, When we get it back I will check to see how it works in heavy rain. Usually at CW it needs to be done twice.
I had the exact same leak on our 2020 ACE but it is out of warranty (except for the Good Sam ESP). It had to rain just at the right angle to leak. I was going to remove the window and reseal it with butyl tape. but the lower front screws are not accessible because the dashboard partially covers them.
I scraped the factory applied sealant away where the outer window window frame meets the wall, cleaned everything off with mineral spirits and the alcohol. Next I masked everything of with painters tape and the applied Proflex crystal clear all around the window. That stuff is kind of hard to work with and skins quickly so you have to be quick to smooth out the bead and in removing the tape.. Turned out great and no more leaks.

I wish Thor would have made all the screws accessible because it would have been easier to remove the window.

I also sealed the five small clearance lights on top with Proflex because the rubber grommets shrink over time.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:30 PM   #34

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
I had the exact same leak on our 2020 ACE but it is out of warranty (except for the Good Sam ESP). It had to rain just at the right angle to leak. I was going to remove the window and reseal it with butyl tape. but the lower front screws are not accessible because the dashboard partially covers them.
I scraped the factory applied sealant away where the outer window window frame meets the wall, cleaned everything off with mineral spirits and the alcohol. Next I masked everything of with painters tape and the applied Proflex crystal clear all around the window. That stuff is kind of hard to work with and skins quickly so you have to be quick to smooth out the bead and in removing the tape.. Turned out great and no more leaks.

I wish Thor would have made all the screws accessible because it would have been easier to remove the window.

I also sealed the five small clearance lights on top with Proflex because the rubber grommets shrink over time.
You're right they didn't replace the inside trim ring because they couldn't get to the screws. They gave me the trim ring and I asked don't you need to return this to Thor. They said keep it, now I know why
Old 07-31-2021, 11:42 PM   #35

THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
You're right they didn't replace the inside trim ring because they couldn't get to the screws. They gave me the trim ring and I asked don't you need to return this to Thor. They said keep it, now I know why
I like to know how they removed the screws at the bottom towards the front??

I can see the screw heads but it looks like you either mangle up the scews because you have to go in at a steep angle or damage your dash. I am glad it worked out for you. I guess if I get another leak I try to remove the window and/or the dash.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:22 AM   #36

THOR #13744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post

Just a quick update. We just returned from a 2000 mile trip and we drove through a horrendes rainstorm for about 30 miles. My wife wanted me to pull over but I kept driving at 40 mph. Anyway, absolutely no leaks anywhere........we are happy campers.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:59 AM   #37

State: Texas
THOR #24719
Anyone installed these, or something similar, seems like a great solution.

https://www.rvgutters.com/
Old 09-15-2021, 02:48 AM   #38
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_chat View Post
Anyone installed these, or something similar, seems like a great solution.

https://www.rvgutters.com/
They are a great solution: to redirecting water coming off the roof like A/C condensation. They are not a solution to a leaking window.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:06 AM   #39

Model: Challenger
State: Michigan
THOR #5237
Passenger side window water intrusion

Had the same issue as Jbird SC. Finally figured out where the weep holes were and cleaned them out. Works great now. I’ve been living with gorilla tape sealing the window for some time and a rotted floor. For this issue, the 37TB has a design flawing. The awning rail is attached to the top of the roof and channels water directly over the middle of the passenger side front cab window. I don’t have this issue on the drivers side. Still tempted to install windo awnings to help with water diversion and it would allow me to keep the windows open in the rain.
Old 05-11-2023, 01:13 PM   #40

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans1412 View Post
Had the same issue as Jbird SC. Finally figured out where the weep holes were and cleaned them out. Works great now. I’ve been living with gorilla tape sealing the window for some time and a rotted floor. For this issue, the 37TB has a design flawing. The awning rail is attached to the top of the roof and channels water directly over the middle of the passenger side front cab window. I don’t have this issue on the drivers side. Still tempted to install windo awnings to help with water diversion and it would allow me to keep the windows open in the rain.
I added a drip spout so the AC water and rain is sent out past the wall.