Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag8015 View Post
Sounds good, I have a Vegas 24.1 and was told the HWH might not fit because of ground clearance, Maybe the kick down type would be better. Any suggestions?
I’ve got the HWH straight leg levelers with joystick controller on my Vegas.
We chose the straight leg vs kick-down based on ease of install. That is...a true bolt on, no holes drilled, no chassis modifications needed vs the kick-down levelers which would have required chassis fabrication & a generator re-alignment.

Also, instead of a keypad, we have the joystick controller mounted on the floor to the left of the driver’s seat, directly behind the cup holder/speaker console.

I did spend more on my HWH than the standard BigFoot system, but my straight leg system saved me $$$ over the kick-downs w/ keypad controller.

Regarding underside clearance...the bottom of the levelers are approximately 7-8” off the ground. There are other Ford OEM underside components that actually sit lower than the feet.

If you look at most Class A’s with factory installed Lippert levelers, their underside clearance is very similar

HWH 225 Straightleg System for E350/450

Old 06-30-2020, 08:59 PM   #102

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #17285
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
We are thinking about purchasing the Vegas 25.3 and was curious about leveling the unit. Is it difficult and what type of leveling blocks do you recommend? Would an aftermarket automatic leveling system be a good investment?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
We are in the process of adding an HWH leveling system to our Axis 25.2. It took 3 weeks to build and, so far, 10 days to install (not done yet) at a cost of $6,600 through Camping World. Would highly recommend that you do it through a Ford Dealer as.our service rep has decided that no aftermarket leveling should ever be installed on this chassis. 😢 Time will tell.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:55 PM   #103

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I have the HWH automatic Kickdown levelers on my 25.2. After spending 18 months living in my RV and traveling around the US, I can tell you that it was the best investment that I made.

I’d just pull into my spot, place some pads down (if required), and press the button.

One time I even used manual mode to raise the rear end so that I could work on the rear axles.

The only downside is that the rear levelers make it so that you can not install the spare tire there.

I highly recommend this addition.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #104

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenfleck View Post
We are in the process of adding an HWH leveling system to our Axis 25.2. It took 3 weeks to build and, so far, 10 days to install (not done yet) at a cost of $6,600 through Camping World. Would highly recommend that you do it through a Ford Dealer as.our service rep has decided that no aftermarket leveling should ever be installed on this chassis. 😢 Time will tell.
Too bad. Wish you would have searched the Forum and found the discussions on all your leveling options.
You would have saved money and head ache.

I went to CW first and they quoted me $6,000+ for HWH kick-downs.
I found other installers that saved time and money.
Finally installed HWH straight legs.

That said, HWH is the Cadillac of all systems.
Once installed, you will be happy.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:34 AM   #105

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenfleck View Post
Karen- RV owners are endlessly learning as we go. Had you asked the forum, you would have learned from some of the experiences others have had. Had you driven up to the HWH factory in Iowa, they could have installed it one day while you waited. Mine was installed at Elkhart, Indiana by Stuarts. Someone would have suggested a different installer.

That Ford rep doesn't know what he doesn't know. He maybe thought that there is welding involved in the mounting, and instead they are bolted on. Doubt you will ever find a Ford shop that would do the install.

Suggest you call that CW shop every day and ask for a progress update. When the install is done, you are going to really enjoy having the leverlers. The same mod has been great on our Vegas for 5 years.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:22 AM   #106

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
I had The Equalizer Level System installed and am glad to have a system. It makes sleeping and walking inside so much more comfortable plus I can raise the coach up to change a tire or work under it(with the addition of a bottle jack for safety).

Paul
Old 07-18-2020, 12:19 AM   #107

State: Vermont
THOR #19678
Hi everyone! I am new here and thinking about purchasing an Axis. I’m looking at a 2015 Axis 25.2. I know that there aren’t automatic leveling jacks but are there any jacks on it at all? If not how do you level it without jacks?
Old 07-18-2020, 12:23 AM   #108

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #2526
No leveling Jack's or stabilizers for that year. I have 2016 and put a Bigfoot system on mine in early 2017 never a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriV View Post
Hi everyone! I am new here and thinking about purchasing an Axis. I’m looking at a 2015 Axis 25.2. I know that there aren’t automatic leveling jacks but are there any jacks on it at all? If not how do you level it without jacks?
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:24 AM   #109

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I have the HWH kickdown levelers. They make life easier for me, a single person. I just roll in to the spot and press the button to level my rig.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:06 AM   #110

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #17285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Karen- RV owners are endlessly learning as we go. Had you asked the forum, you would have learned from some of the experiences others have had. Had you driven up to the HWH factory in Iowa, they could have installed it one day while you waited. Mine was installed at Elkhart, Indiana by Stuarts. Someone would have suggested a different installer.

That Ford rep doesn't know what he doesn't know. He maybe thought that there is welding involved in the mounting, and instead they are bolted on. Doubt you will ever find a Ford shop that would do the install.

Suggest you call that CW shop every day and ask for a progress update. When the install is done, you are going to really enjoy having the leverlers. The same mod has been great on our Vegas for 5 years.

We are home now and very happy with the final result. It was worth doing.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:18 PM   #111

State: Vermont
THOR #19678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
No leveling Jack's or stabilizers for that year. I have 2016 and put a Bigfoot system on mine in early 2017 never a problem.
Thanks for the info. We decided not to get that one because it was not taken care of and it’s in horrible condition. So we are still looking!

Do you know what year they started adding leveling jacks or stabilizers?
Old 07-18-2020, 10:52 PM   #112

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
We use the RV Level App on our smartphone and it works great. It actually tells you how many inches you need to level, front to back and side to side, use the audio to really get the use of it.
Coveman2
Stay safe out there we are waiting for this to end

Tags
axis, leveling blocks, vegas