Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #7965
Looking

This past weekend I went to a RV sales center (very big volume) i did the trip just to see the new Thor super C. WOW! The wife and I were super disappointed. The so called new four winds was in bad shape. Spider cracks all over the bunk house, overspray, caulking around the cab and the bunkhouse was terrible.

I saw so many things that was wrong with these RV I have completely changed my mind about Thor. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 PM   #2

State: North Dakota
THOR #2375
Drawers wont shut

need help with 2 drawers in my thor axis coach. First 1 drawer wouldn't shut all the way now the other one. they are made to stay shut when driving
Old 06-20-2017, 12:00 AM   #3

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post
This past weekend I went to a RV sales center (very big volume) i did the trip just to see the new Thor super C. WOW! The wife and I were super disappointed. The so called new four winds was in bad shape. Spider cracks all over the bunk house, overspray, caulking around the cab and the bunkhouse was terrible.

I saw so many things that was wrong with these RV I have completely changed my mind about Thor. Please tell me I'm wrong.
Unfortunately Thor's greed has led them to a major lack of quality control this year. I don't know if they ran out of 450s but they built ours on a 350 thinking we'd be ok with that, and now they ignore us like it's ok that we've been wronged. Our water tank had finger size holes in it when we filled it up with water so there is no way it could have gone unnoticed. One of our interior walls was only half fastened, and a long list of other problems. I love my coach now that I'm getting what functional things I can... fixed... but it will never be a 450 chassis! I feel Thor lacks integrity and chooses to turn a blind eye when they make major mistakes since they sell plenty to turn a profit. I can't afford to sue them in a court of law so I choose to call them out in the court of public opinion.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino View Post

If you look closely enough at any of the affordable RVs you'll see similar things. You may have also witnessed a unit thats been sitting on the dealers lot for a while..hard to tell.

Not sure if I'd want to go to one of the "big" RV dealers--they'll just push you through like cattle.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #5

THOR #7965
Well you kinda got the feeling being pushed to make a decision. Even if I wanted to buy that RV right there and then the punch list would be a mile long.

The worst thing about it is that you paying well over 100k for no quality what-so-ever. If that RV was up to par I would have drove it home. I had all intentions of buying a RV that day.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I guess I'm in a tiny minority here but we bought our 2017 Freedom Elite at Camping World and both the purchase process and the machine have been terrific.. The salesman and closer were dealership people through and through (I.e. they never stopped "selling") but they were nice about it and that is, after all, their job. The camper has had its share of issues and adjustments but I've been able to handle them all myself so far. I'm just so sorry to read about so many bad experiences but I also think it's important to tell folks that not EVERYTHING about buying a Thor product is necessarily dreadful.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #7

THOR #7965
We'll since I never owned one I have only rented I never really looked at all the inter workings. Now that I'm in the market for one I did study up a lot. There was 3 super C there and all of them had major issues.

I'm just thinking they really lowered the standers. I really want 10,000lbs of towing. Also the 2 bathrooms is a plus. Just way to many flaws to overlook. What a shame.

But I'm guessing others have had better luck but those 3 were done and need to go back to the factory to get torn down and used for parts.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:13 AM   #8

Model: Chateau 35SB
State: Kentucky
THOR #5426
Send a message via Skype™ to nite71
My wife and I bought a 2017 Thor Chateau 35sb this past October. Yes it had some shake out issues but overall we're pretty darn happy with it. I keep seeing where Thor has their quality issues but I must say I guess we got lucky!

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
nite71 is offline   Reply With Quote