Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2016, 12:15 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #2442
Atwood furnace fan runs when off

After a heavy rain at my home (2016 Vegas was plugged in, thermostat off, propane off) and out of the blue the heater fan came on. As the thermostat was off I turned it on, then off to no avail. My only recourse was to pull the fuse. Unfortunately this is also the fuse for the fridge. When I put the fuse back in, the heater did not work at all.
Today I called Thor and Atwood. Apparently water had got in and wet a circuit card that is visible when you remove the outside heater cover. It was recommended that simply drying the card with a hair dryer on cool will help. When I pulled the card, it was not only wet, but sitting in a puddle of water.
The source of the water ingress is one of 2 places that you can see when the outer cover is removed.
Atwood mentions that the top seal (rubber on the inside of the cover) is compromised by the 3 screws from the top of the unit that attach the furnace into the RV compartment (not the 3 that attach from the bottom). Atwood said to add caulk around these 3 screws before replacing the cover.
Thor noted that the louvers in the cover are actually in the wrong direction, letting water in, not keeping it out.
Both Thor and Atwood were excellent to deal with. Thor is going to send me a correct cover and a replacement card, since I’m still under warranty and I’m willing to do the labor myself to expedite the solution (my dealer is 6 weeks behind in scheduling warranty work).

Old 06-15-2016, 12:39 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
David,

I too have had a similar problem with the heater (2016 Vegas 24.1). It was still under warranty so the replacement board was not a problem and CW fixed it while they were replacing the Heater/AC switch on the Safety Recall.

However, no one mentioned the cover louvers and the screw holes...so I am not sure if I have the good louvers or the bad louvers.

If you would, please take a picture of the cover you have now and the replacement cover so I can verify what I have as good or bad.

Thanks.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:57 AM   #3

THOR #2442
Hi DocMike
I will not have the new cover for at least a week or 2. Here is a shot of the existing cover. Hard to see but the louvers go in and down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030647.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	2240  
Old 06-15-2016, 01:11 AM   #4

THOR #2142
David,

What model of Vegas do you have?

I just went out and looked and the 24.1 that panel is mounted 90 degrees clockwise to your picture.

BTW: If you will notice, lots of Forum users list their specific year, make and model in their signature block along with other items of interest (E350 vs E450, updates, modification, pets and even toads).

Doc

Old 06-15-2016, 01:23 AM   #5

THOR #2442
Hi again.
I updated my info. I have a 2016 Vegas 25.2.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:28 AM   #6

THOR #2142
David,

Great and I believe the 25.2 is a bit longer with a "bigger" bathroom, closet and a pull out pantry. Most of the parts are the same, just arranged differently.

Enjoy your unit and safe travels.

Doc

Old 06-15-2016, 01:41 AM   #7

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspixx View Post
Hi DocMike
I will not have the new cover for at least a week or 2. Here is a shot of the existing cover. Hard to see but the louvers go in and down.
Oh my! My 2016 Ace 29.3 has the same louvers. Who do you contact to get it replaced?????
Old 06-15-2016, 02:07 AM   #8

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspixx View Post
Hi DocMike
Oh my! My 2016 Ace 29.3 has the same louvers. Who do you contact to get it replaced?????
Old 06-15-2016, 02:14 AM   #9

THOR #4032
Ace 29.3 Louvers - Heater

See photo of the louvers on my 2016 Ace 29.3 How do I get it replaced?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AceHeater.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	2243  

Tags
atwood, furnace, louvers