Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2017, 01:01 AM   #261

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark View Post
I thought I would post this here. A couple of weeks ago I took our 2017 Challenger to Phoenix and on the way there the check engine light came on. Panic set in slightly so I had to wait till I got home to take it in to the Ford dealer. Come to find out there is an overspeed sensor and it is pre-programed to go on when the rv is driven over 68 mph. Just fyi .....
That's interesting - I haven't heard of, or seen that before.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #262

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
That's interesting - I haven't heard of, or seen that before.
Haven't seen a light and I know I've been over 70 a few times. Maybe on the latest 2017 models?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:41 AM   #263

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Venetian B42
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5655
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark View Post
I thought I would post this here. A couple of weeks ago I took our 2017 Challenger to Phoenix and on the way there the check engine light came on. Panic set in slightly so I had to wait till I got home to take it in to the Ford dealer. Come to find out there is an overspeed sensor and it is pre-programed to go on when the rv is driven over 68 mph. Just fyi .....

My 37TB has been over 70 multiple times including a stretch on cruise. Mine is a very early production 2017. Maybe that was a change added along the way. I have not seen another post with that information but I don't doubt that the Ford dealer has the latest on the chassis. Odd that they would want the headache of people returning with check engine lights for no good reason. Who knows?
Old 03-07-2017, 03:35 AM   #264

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Texas
THOR #6162
I have a later build 2017 37TB and I've seen 70 several times with no issues.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:21 AM   #265

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #1505
Our Challenger is a late 2015 and I run the interstate about 70 to 72 all the time. Never had the check engine light come on. I believe the OP has been missinformed.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #266
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The over speed sensor is an option Ford can install on the cutaway and stripped chassis for fleet owners that want to control their drivers. It is quite possible Thor received a chassis from Ford with that sensor installed.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #267

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The over speed sensor is an option Ford can install on the cutaway and stripped chassis for fleet owners that want to control their drivers. It is quite possible Thor received a chassis from Ford with that sensor installed.
I am guessing that is correct. I think one slipped past either Ford or Thor. I think I would buy my own reader so that when this happens again it can be confirmed and reset without taking it somewhere. I guess the other solution would be to see if they can get rid of sensor or disconnect it.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:18 PM   #268

THOR #5655
I am getting my tow package set up this week. I am trying to decide which version of debris protection is best to keep the car clean. I am considering the Ultra Guard heavy rubber one piece mud flap that extends all the way across the rear of the coach in combination with or separately with the Blue Ox tow bar rock shield. The tow bar shield is a mesh material that attaches to the tow bar and deflects debris before it can bounce up and hit the toad. Any thought from more experienced toad owners? Keep in mind I just spent serious money on a new car to use as a daily driver and my toad. I guess that means I want to protect it so if I have to spend a few bucks I will.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 PM   #269

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #6291
I also have a 2017 and have hit 70 several times with no light.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #270

THOR #1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier 26 View Post
I am getting my tow package set up this week. I am trying to decide which version of debris protection is best to keep the car clean. I am considering the Ultra Guard heavy rubber one piece mud flap that extends all the way across the rear of the coach in combination with or separately with the Blue Ox tow bar rock shield. The tow bar shield is a mesh material that attaches to the tow bar and deflects debris before it can bounce up and hit the toad. Any thought from more experienced toad owners? Keep in mind I just spent serious money on a new car to use as a daily driver and my toad. I guess that means I want to protect it so if I have to spend a few bucks I will.
Based on many comments on several forums I decided against that full width solid mud flap. Common point was - some damage to car with mud flap - removed and less damage. Hula skirt and rock shield both generally got favorable comments. Some that kept solid rubber flap found less damage by raising it closer to chassis. If not enough response to this question - do some serious research. Our toad is also daily driver with about 60k miles (40K towing) and yes there is damage from two alligator hits, small rock chips and highway paint truck but with a good wash job we think she still looks pretty good. We don't use anything for protection.
Keep an eye on this thread http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/mud-flap-6527.html
Old 03-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #271

Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Georgia
THOR #6681
2017 challenger 37yt

Does anyone know of any cover for the inside open stair well.
I have a blind dog and I need a cover.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #272

Model: Challenger 36TL
THOR #5536
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboss View Post

I have been looking for the same thing but haven't found anything yet. I was thinking of placing a finished piece of 3/4 plywood with an inner lip to keep from sliding. Also thought about hinging it to floor and locking to the railing.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #273

THOR #5536
Anyone happen to know the size of the drop down bed over the driver/passenger seats? I was looking to replace that mattress, but haven't been able to go to storage to measure the mattress.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #274

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
Anyone happen to know the size of the drop down bed over the driver/passenger seats? I was looking to replace that mattress, but haven't been able to go to storage to measure the mattress.
It is the size of a full mattress 54x74.

My wife and I just bought a replacement gel/foam mattress for my son to make it more comfortable. Measurement is for 2017 models.
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #275

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboss View Post
Look under modifications, Jerry's Hurricane mods, he built a nice one for his stairwell. Looks like it would be simple to construct. Got to take care of our babies!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #276

THOR #5536
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCampingNut View Post
It is the size of a full mattress 54x74.

My wife and I just bought a replacement gel/foam mattress for my son to make it more comfortable. Measurement is for 2017 models.

You remember how thick the mattress was that you bought?

We had some fold up foam chairs that turned into twins we used on the floor of our old toyhauler. They were 5" thick. I think it was 4" high density and a 1" memory foam. They were really comfortable. I found the same company makes a fold up version that doesn't have a head rest for $150.

What did y'all buy?
Old 04-11-2017, 01:46 AM   #277

Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
The Itch Needs Scratching...Negotiating for a 2017 Challenger 35Kt

We are in negotiations to buy a 2017 35KT and based on what I have read on the forums are planning to add Safe T Plus front stabilizers, Rand McNally navigation system and a den TV mount that moves. Do you recommend any other additional equipment such as 4 batteries? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:04 AM   #278

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
We are in negotiations to buy a 2017 35KT and based on what I have read on the forums are planning to add Safe T Plus front stabilizers, Rand McNally navigation system and a den TV mount that moves. Do you recommend any other additional equipment such as 4 batteries? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
You should also consider doing the CHF front and rear.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #279

THOR #5655
Oldgold...I am considering bypassing the switch box and just having the three video feeds run full time on the split screen. The monitor I am considering has a toggle feature to put each feed in full screen mode or all three at once. Do you see any issues with this idea? This would also accomplish ending the annoying volume loss with the radio.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #280

THOR #1183
Greenfield3 - Nice to have stuff for your KT: Sewer Solutions and 1" pvc for long runs, Winegard G2 on roof, Morryde power cable reel, TPMS, dash cam, better mattress, 5star tune, smart phone with teather or a hot spot for wifi, Passport America card, carpet for one outside step, a bunch of see-thur storage bins for basement, window wash brush and squeege on extendable pole, Rainx for windshield, childs broom, small vac, adult beverages, Happy Campers tank treatment, Johnsons baby shampoo for washing KT, Splendide vented combo washer dryer, folding chairs and at least one small chair side table, heavy duty foldable single step for cases when first outside step is very high off ground, small foldable step stool for inside, spare filter material for a'cond, water pressure regulator, night light for bathroom, some kind of outdoor cooker/hot plate, basic tools, compressor, wood blocks for leveling and more. On edit tire covers.