Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #401

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothertype55 View Post
I will revise my settings to 13.5’ before I take it out again. Don’t want to take any chances with my a/c units!
Coming from a fiver background I always had to physically measure my height. It was impossible to go by manufacturers numbers because that could easily change depending on what truck you were hooked up to.

I ignored what Thor said my 2014 Challenger 37GT's height was. I got out my 10' stepladder and measured it myself. I went from top of front air and top of rear air while RV was sitting on level ground. 12'6" all around so it is in my GPS as 12'8". When I measured I had 1/2 tank of fuel and my holding tanks were empty.

If I have new tires put on I will probably re-measure but otherwise that height should not change.

US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #402

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Similar Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier 26 View Post
I have my coach back

After a month as a hostage at Camping World I have my 37TB back. I am happy to report that Thor stood behind their product. The hitch flange and the chassis frame extension flange that are bolted together began to rip. There was a 4” year in the metal. I can’t explain it. I only tow my Ford Fusion(3800lbs). Long story short I picked it up today. Thor paid a local DOT approved welder to fix and reinforce the frame. They also put on a brand new hitch assembly. I towed the car home and everything worked great.

Any product can break. I am glad to see Thor step up. Gives me confidence to consider them again for the next coach.
---

Had a similar problem and it sounds almost identical. Everyone thought it was a one off issue. Here is a link to my post when that happened. Curious to see if yours was as similar to our problem as I believe it was.

This the original post link http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/...itch-4031.html
Old 10-18-2017, 04:12 AM   #403

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: California
THOR #3681
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmark View Post
Before you do to much driving try calling a large truck place. We got ours done at a Freightliner shop in Idaho. If you looking for weekend places to go with your new home check out Vail Lake just outside of Temecula.
We like Vail Lake but also a few miles down the road is Rancho CA RV Resort, mostly ownership but many great rental spots. Most have build outs (little casidas) on the spot and sits right on a golf course. No roughing it at all.
2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:33 PM   #404

State: Tennessee
THOR #4231
When storing, should I use levelers to help take some of the weight off of the tires? Don't want to stress the tires, but don't want to wear out the leveling system either.

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:49 AM   #405

Model: Challenger LX
State: Texas
THOR #6185
I have a question especially for other Challenger 37 LX owners, but I am curious how others are wired. My outside TV is under my kitchen sink, and the other day I accidentally overflowed the sink. Well come to find out there’s no caulking on the under mount kitchen sink keeping the water from just going under the counter. Once water goes under the counter it falls on the box that houses the outside TV. The wiring for the Tv goes through a hole in the top of said box where there’s some haphazard caulking just kind of squirted around the wires going through the hole. Well once the water fell on the box it went down the hole and onto the TV and fried it. The AC outlet that the TV plugs into isn’t a GFCI so I guess I’m lucky my rig didn’t catch fire. My question is has anyone else checked to see if your outside TV AC outlet is GFCI or not? Especially if your TV is under an inside sink?
Old 10-30-2017, 03:11 AM   #406

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
I took my TV out to add something to the HDMI port and noticed the outlet right under the sink. Since there was extra wiring, I relocated the outlet away from the sink and under the wood so if water falls that exact same thing wouldn't happen. Unfortunately, it is not a GFCI outlet.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #407

THOR #3681
Hello fellow Challenger owners, just took delivery of our new 37KT after trading in our Hurricane. What a difference! Know I know why there is a Love our Challenger thread. The full color Vira Touch screen is great but really enjoy going from HD-MAX to full body paint.

Taking it this weekend down to the beach, so a good test of cleaning salt spray from paint versus gel-coat.

I do have a question for other 37KT owners about the two shades on the large dinning room window. Our does not cover the entire window when pulled done, it is about 1 foot short. The dealer states that is by design. I think it's strange that you could walk by windows at night with the bottom part, about your belt line, is not covered. Any other 37KT owners have the same issue, or is it something my dealer should fix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171104_160713.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	7662
2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #408

Model: Aria 3901
THOR #6952
Congrats on your new 37KT. We have a 2017 that we took delivery in May and our shades cover the entire Dinning Room window. I suppose THOR could have changed the shade length but I doubt it. I would call THOR to be sure.

I hope you enjoy your coach as much as we enjoy ours!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #409

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthig View Post
Hello fellow Challenger owners, just took delivery of our new 37KT after trading in our Hurricane. What a difference! Know I know why there is a Love our Challenger thread. The full color Vira Touch screen is great but really enjoy going from HD-MAX to full body paint.

Taking it this weekend down to the beach, so a good test of cleaning salt spray from paint versus gel-coat.

I do have a question for other 37KT owners about the two shades on the large dinning room window. Our does not cover the entire window when pulled done, it is about 1 foot short. The dealer states that is by design. I think it's strange that you could walk by windows at night with the bottom part, about your belt line, is not covered. Any other 37KT owners have the same issue, or is it something my dealer should fix.

Attachment 7662
Congratulations, that is a Beautiful coach!!! Hope you enjoy many happy and FUN miles!!!
Old 11-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #410

State: Texas
THOR #1183
Welcome to the "Challenger Owners Club" no dues and no rules. Owning a Thor Challenger automatically gets you in the club. Sign-up for free at*RVillage - Group Profile - Thor Challenger Owners Unite. If you keep your location current you will get to meet other Challenger owners face to face. Since you just bought yours there may be a Challenger owner nearby that would be willing to help with the post-delivery inspection or help explain things. Before you start loading her up I recommend a complete inventory of all system components like slide controllers, inverter, circuit breakers, fuses, drain valves etc. Keep up with http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...te-150811.html!. Post your questions, problems, solutions and adventures. If you have time read from post #1 lots of good info. Re shade length - 100% pure B.S. During day window tint provides pretty good privacy. At night with lights on you will putting on a real peep show.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #411

Model: Venetian B42
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5655
Really like the paint on the ‘18 Challengers. A little more simple and classy looking. Definitely a step in the right direction. Enjoy the new coach. I wish you many trouble free and safe miles.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #412

State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Congrats on the new coach - it is beauty. Nothing but good wishes and clear trails for you.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #413

Model: Challenger 37LX
THOR #6310
Beautiful coach! We absolutely love ours and would be in it more than we are already if life and job permitted. Some day! Wishing you many happy and trouble free years in your new Challenger. If and when you have a question or a problem with your coach, this is the place to come for answers. There are many very knowledgeable folks here ready to help. Enjoy!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #414

State: Illinois
THOR #7157
Quote:

Attachment 7662

Congrats, we have a 2017 37kt as well and our night shade and sun screen both cover the window as well. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #415

State: Michigan
THOR #2628
Quote:

Attachment 7662
Our also covers the whole window, call Thor custom service to be sure. And Congrats on the new coach

KC
Old 11-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #416

State: Arkansas
THOR #6838
Anyone know how to fix the brake light bulb? I removed the 3 screws on the round rim figuring that I could pull the lens off with the rim. Just the rim came off. The lens is surrounded by a black gasket. I pulled on the gasket with moderate pressure but it doesn't come out easily. Do you just pry out the gasket and lens or what? If it is so hard to get out, how do you get the gasket back in?
RayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:41 PM   #417

State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Top front running light covers

Sorry Ray, I haven’t dealt with the brake lights yet.

I do have another question for the group, before I call Thor customer service.

We went to the storage lot where we keep our Challenger yesterday. On a prior trip I’d found an amber plastic light cover on the ground, looked around and discovered it was from the top passenger side front running lamp. Got a ladder and replaced it, seemed okay.

Yesterday I discovered the lens cover missing on BOTH sides! Has anyone else experienced this?

Posting pics, and yes, I know, she needs a bath! Sitting in an uncovered lot in the Phoenix area will do that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	16C581D9-DEC4-404E-8574-51771912C48B.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	8019   Click image for larger version

Name:	E646BCD4-027C-42A7-836D-557A537AEA58.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	8020  

Name:	05F31BD1-6C14-41DD-AC3B-56CA2BCFCE2A.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	8021  
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #418

Model: Challenger 37 LX
THOR #7853
A few on ours were loose which I discovered when washing it for the first time. Pushed them on until they clicked. So far they are still on .

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #419

State: Arizona
THOR #7863
That’s what I thought about the one I put back on at the time neither one are there, so they obviously fell off while driving or at the NASCAR campsite we were at earlier this month. Hopefully I can get them from Thor.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #420

Model: Challenger 37tb
THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothertype55 View Post
I was wondering about balancing the tires on my new Challenger. The balance job on my car just made a huge difference, but I have not seen anything about balancing coach tires. Has anybody done this, and is it worth trying for a ride improvement?

On my test drive, my friend commented that she could not find a comfortable place to sit (salesman was in copilot seat) and was feeling carsick after a few minutes.... I had safe t steer installed as a safety precaution since then.
My wife tends to sit co-pilot or at the dinette facing forward. F.y.i she gets naucious easy but fine in those areas. We don't have the safety plus yet and do have the 37tb 2016.