Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #521

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37gt Challenger
State: Arkansas
THOR #12432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirul View Post
I have had to adjust, fix, and rebuild countless things so far, but this was by far my most disappointing find. The strips of carpet by the edges of the door had light showing through so I investigated. What I found shocked me! Wide open to the outside and there had been no attempt by Thor to seal things up.
on my 37gt I have so many areas that the carpet is short on. It definitely shows employees dont have the care for their work.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #522

State: Nevada
THOR #10325
Not a TB but our 2018 37LX after all the warranty stuff was fixed is a shining light in the dark world of Motorhomes. Like you we dry camp and it is a dream. Less headaches than a DP with one acceptation and that is the cab noise but I plan on insulating soon to keep the engine noise down. does anyone have a constant noise from their Whirlpool Res Fridges compressor??? it gets louder and lessens as you walk in front of the fridge???
Old 12-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #523

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirul View Post
I bought a Acme Eze Tow Dolly to use with the Challenger, but my slanted driveway is making it difficult to get an accurate measurement on how much drop I need on the ball mount. The Eze Tow manual says 14-16" is ideal. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
We have a 17 Challenger 37TB and Ez-tow. I use a 6" drop as if I try to use a 8" it drags at the slightest incline. Our EZ-TOW has 10" wheels and I'm thinking of going to the 12" wheels that they use for a couple of years now. Ours was pre-owned 2015 model I believe.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #524

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: South Dakota
THOR #12005
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarmingfriend View Post
Not a TB but our 2018 37LX after all the warranty stuff was fixed is a shining light in the dark world of Motorhomes. Like you we dry camp and it is a dream. Less headaches than a DP with one acceptation and that is the cab noise but I plan on insulating soon to keep the engine noise down. does anyone have a constant noise from their Whirlpool Res Fridges compressor??? it gets louder and lessens as you walk in front of the fridge???
I’ve got a 2016 Challenger 37 LX. No sound from our res whirlpool. Interested in how your going to insulate for engine noise.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #525

Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: South Dakota
THOR #12005
I had an expensive Newmar DP. Had 6 years of frustration with it. Never went on a trip when something didn’t work! The only thing that was nice is how quiet it was. Now have a Thor Challenger 37 LX gas. Really like it. Haven’t dry camped yet, how does the auto generator work? What are the best settings?
Old 02-19-2021, 02:05 AM   #526

THOR #14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrver View Post
BB,
We both know the challenger isn't a entry level RV. So what it's a gases, makes the trip for maintenance easier to stomach. We also love ours and spend a lot of time discovering America. The one problem is having a residential refrigerator, it can use a lot of power. Without updating battery storage, they drain them down way to quickly. We also added more battery storage for dry camping.
Hello. I have a 2020 challenger 37fh. I read what you said about the refrigerator using a lot of power. I am a single woman and I know very little about batteries. That being said… would a solar panel help keep the batteries charged? My coach is already prepped for one. Thanks for helping!
Old 02-19-2021, 02:17 AM   #527

THOR #14983
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdftwrth98 View Post
The Challenger is the model we are looking real hard at, space is a major issue with whatever RV we finally settle on.

I am wondering how many "upgrades" folks have do to the Challenger and whether they would be classed as "needed" or "nice to have" is that sort of information available on this forum?

JD
I have a Challenger 37fh. It has opposing slides in the living area and the bedroom. I have 2 dogs (1 is a large GS ). The space in the living area is amazing! There is a fireplace and the huge tv rises up from behind it. It has a bath and a half. It sleeps 6 but with the floor space I can add an inflatable queen bed. I installed a stackable washer and dryer. I have no complaints or wants. The basements are huge too!! Take a look!