Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2016, 02:51 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5506
LP Gas Detection Light Blinking

I own a Freedom Elite 22E, and the other day I noticed the red light blinking on the panel that "reports" the presence of LP gas or carbon monoxide. Earlier, my wife had cleaned the floors, and she has since read that certain cleaning solutions will set off the sensors. Additionally, we had neglected to shut of the LP Gas activation switch for about two days after returning from a trip. Maybe that condition, coupled with the fact that the camper had been "sealed shut"--no windows open--created a situation where small amounts of LP gas (and cleaning solution?) could not be purged from the vehicle.

All I encountered was a blinking light--no beeping alarm beeping was occurring, which, as I understand it, would mean we definitely had a gas leak problem. Today I drove the RV for about 10 miles with all windows open to air it out, and that seemed to correct the problem; the light is no longer blinking.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? My wife is taking the RV away this weekend with a few friends in tow, and she just wants to be sure that this is not something we should be concerned about.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:04 AM   #2

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW Packer View Post
I own a Freedom Elite 22E, and the other day I noticed the red light blinking on the panel that "reports" the presence of LP gas or carbon monoxide. Earlier, my wife had cleaned the floors, and she has since read that certain cleaning solutions will set off the sensors. Additionally, we had neglected to shut of the LP Gas activation switch for about two days after returning from a trip. Maybe that condition, coupled with the fact that the camper had been "sealed shut"--no windows open--created a situation where small amounts of LP gas (and cleaning solution?) could not be purged from the vehicle.

All I encountered was a blinking light--no beeping alarm beeping was occurring, which, as I understand it, would mean we definitely had a gas leak problem. Today I drove the RV for about 10 miles with all windows open to air it out, and that seemed to correct the problem; the light is no longer blinking.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? My wife is taking the RV away this weekend with a few friends in tow, and she just wants to be sure that this is not something we should be concerned about.

We had it happen with the bathroom doors closed on our Axis after hairspray was used. The sensor reset after a few minutes.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:06 AM   #3

Model: thor 22FE
State: Georgia
THOR #3371
Hi JW

i have a 2016 freedom elite 22fe. mine does the exact same thing after being shut up for a couple of days. that is with the lp valve shut and batteries set to store. i am not saying its right but it alarmed me the first time and since i when i enter the coach i take a look at it since it is under dinette. as long as it goes out (from blinking red to steady green) after opening the coach up to air out. alarm has never gone off and in the owners manual they talk about the fumes caused from the construction materials. i just attribute it to that. at least i know it is working..

patrick
Old 09-22-2016, 11:23 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
It's the house battery in store mode. Once power is restored, it stops blinking.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #5

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
It operates off the house batteries & will indicate red when battery is low.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 03:17 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Maryland
THOR #19595
Wow thank you! Set to store by accident, very helpful when the alarm went off at midnight with no odor to find this post. Back to a green light and sleep
Old 04-23-2022, 11:03 AM   #7
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW Packer View Post

What year is your RV??
Old 04-23-2022, 12:28 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
What year is your RV??
It's a over 5 year old post you are replying to.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:44 AM   #9
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
It's a over 5 year old post you are replying to.
Thanks, Never noticed.

Anyway, most detectors are designed to begin flashing at around 5 years since that is usually the time they are outdated. Time to get a new one.