Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2017, 02:07 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Miramar 34.4

Just checking in to see if there are any other Miramar 34.4 owners here?

I was just checking over the 34.2 thread and saw that there were some consistent issues with that particular trim.

Just curious if the vent was pre-wired for an aftermarket fan.

RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:23 AM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
You found one. I own a 2015 34.4 Miramar, purchased new.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:31 AM   #3

THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
You found one. I own a 2015 34.4 Miramar, purchased new.
How have you liked it so far? Does your leaf fit snug with your table?
RV Travel Bug
Old 10-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #4

State: Virginia
THOR #5560
Another 34.4 Owner

I bought my MH last Sept. No major issues found so far. I have had two window shades fail, both replaced by Thor. The first time we used the heater it would not ignite and would shut down. Dealer looked into it and found nothing wrong with it, has worked ever since.

The leaf for the table fits fine, but we hardly use it anyway.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #5

THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarVA View Post
I bought my MH last Sept. No major issues found so far. I have had two window shades fail, both replaced by Thor. The first time we used the heater it would not ignite and would shut down. Dealer looked into it and found nothing wrong with it, has worked ever since.

The leaf for the table fits fine, but we hardly use it anyway.
That is great to hear. How long did it take for Thor to replace those window shades?
RV Travel Bug
Old 10-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #6

State: Virginia
THOR #5560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
That is great to hear. How long did it take for Thor to replace those window shades?
No more than a week. They direct shipped them to me.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #7

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Quote:
Just checking in to see if there are any other Miramar 34.4 owners here?

I was just checking over the 34.2 thread and saw that there were some consistent issues with that particular trim.

Just curious if the vent was pre-wired for an aftermarket fan.

We purchased our 2016 Miramar 34.4 last October, and we have no issues. Added surge protection and TPMS as well customized the outdoor kitchen to our needs. Travel, so far, has been limited to Tenn, Carolinas, and Florida with no complaints on its handling on the road.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #8

State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
How have you liked it so far? Does your leaf fit snug with your table?
Yes, the table fits snug. Like many others, I rarely use it but it is nice when the grandkids visit.

I love my Miramar. That is not to say we haven't had issues with it. Many minor problems such as loose or missing screws. The major problem we had was the alignment. I didn't even think about doing that on a new vehicle. I had Safe-T-Plus installed and he showed me the tires and told me the toe-in was off over 3 inches. At 5,000 miles my tires were worn at such an angle he didn't think they would self correct. Luckily the next 5,000 miles has leveled them out.

The only other "major" issue was the drain on the outside sink was not properly installed. The rubber connecting hose was too short to properly clamp onto the pipe. I simply purchased a longer hose and clamped it back together. Happily this was discovered during my inspection once I got it home, before any damage was done.

I also had a slide leak which I traced to the lower face trim on the outside of the slide. It had no caulking and allowed the water to run down the face of the slide, seeping through the unsealed trim and into the RV. It caused no problems when the slide was out and when the slide was in would normally dry up before I saw it. I only discovered this when spending the night in a Flying J with the slides in through a thunderstorm. I'm glad this happened because this could have gone on for years and rotted something out or caused mold before I would have discovered it.

All of this aside, I love the Miramar!
Old 10-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #9

THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarVA View Post
No more than a week. They direct shipped them to me.
That's great! I assume this is when you call them directly vs. going through the dealer?

Quote:
Yes, the table fits snug. Like many others, I rarely use it but it is nice when the grandkids visit.
We'll be traveling with our daughter. I was thinking we'll end up using it more often than not.

Quote:
I love my Miramar. That is not to say we haven't had issues with it. Many minor problems such as loose or missing screws. The major problem we had was the alignment. I didn't even think about doing that on a new vehicle. I had Safe-T-Plus installed and he showed me the tires and told me the toe-in was off over 3 inches. At 5,000 miles my tires were worn at such an angle he didn't think they would self correct. Luckily the next 5,000 miles has leveled them out.

The only other "major" issue was the drain on the outside sink was not properly installed. The rubber connecting hose was too short to properly clamp onto the pipe. I simply purchased a longer hose and clamped it back together. Happily this was discovered during my inspection once I got it home, before any damage was done.

I also had a slide leak which I traced to the lower face trim on the outside of the slide. It had no caulking and allowed the water to run down the face of the slide, seeping through the unsealed trim and into the RV. It caused no problems when the slide was out and when the slide was in would normally dry up before I saw it. I only discovered this when spending the night in a Flying J with the slides in through a thunderstorm. I'm glad this happened because this could have gone on for years and rotted something out or caused mold before I would have discovered it.

All of this aside, I love the Miramar!
All in all, that's not bad at all. Good point on the alignment, I would have assumed that was already handled out of the gates.

How much do alignments go for on these?
RV Travel Bug
Old 10-25-2017, 02:38 AM   #10

THOR #9721
Tonight I found that I had a leak from my sink faucet. In the midst of repairing that, I found that the area behind the sink also serves as a channel to route electrical wires to the console on the wall in the hallway. On one side there is a shower and on the other is the kitchen sink. This seems like a spot of concern. I'm considering buying some additional loom to protect that group of wires.

Any thoughts from the fellow 34.4 owners on this?
RV Travel Bug
Old 10-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #11

Model: Miramar 33.5
THOR #5240
Quote:
Tonight I found that I had a leak from my sink faucet. In the midst of repairing that, I found that the area behind the sink also serves as a channel to route electrical wires to the console on the wall in the hallway. On one side there is a shower and on the other is the kitchen sink. This seems like a spot of concern. I'm considering buying some additional loom to protect that group of wires.

Any thoughts from the fellow 34.4 owners on this?
My kitchen sink faucet has started leaking also. Looked underneath and it is dry but water will be across the counter if I don't keep an eye on it. Guess I need to replace it.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #12

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
My kitchen sink faucet has started leaking also. Looked underneath and it is dry but water will be across the counter if I don't keep an eye on it. Guess I need to replace it.

In our Miramar, the gasket for the sink required replacement due to incorrect installation. Home Depot has drain gaskets for $1.35. Key is having a gasket which is pliable (rubber) instead of plastic.