Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2766
Missing lens for back clearance light

Sort of an unusual question, but maybe not. I have a 2016 Thor Vegas 25.2. The other day while backing up my wife noticed a red lens cover for one of the clearance lights at the top was missing. Not sure when or where it got detached. The light still works and there isn’t any damage to the area. Thinking maybe it was sealed and as I went over the mountains the air expanded and it popped off. Who knows? Anyway, I took a look the other day for the name of the manufacture and couldn’t find a name – not inside the light with the missing lens or on the outside of the remaining lights. Any suggestions on how to get a new lens for the light. Thanks in advance for any help

Old 02-03-2016, 09:55 PM   #2

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Washington, D.C.
THOR #3141
Not an unusual problem, unfortunately. I had the yellow lens fall off the side marker light on the very first ride home from the from the dealership.

I searched eBay for an exact replacement but couldn't match it perfectly. So I called the dealer and had them mail me a replacement lens under warranty. It just pops on with an audible snapping sound. Seems the factory doesn't always pop them on securely.
1987 Suzuki Samurai
pghali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Windsport 27K
State: Virginia
THOR #2314
Erik, I had the same problem on my 2015 Windsport. I picked up the phone, called the Thor help line, and they rushed me the entire assembly. It's covered under warranty.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:28 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
I lost a red marker lens, (cover) on my Vegas too. Those marker lights are different than any of the replacements I found at the auto parts places. All of those replacement marker lights are surface mount, where the bulb is in the light. The bulb on the marker light on our Vegas is mounted on the coach. The cover for the replacements do not fit, and to replace the entire unit will require some re-wiring. Best to get a new cover from Thor.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:52 AM   #5

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2766
I hadn't thought about calling the dealer - they are over 200 miles away, but as you said pghali they should be able to mail me a new one. I will try this first and if it doesn't work then contact Thor. Thank you for the suggestions.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Sorry the below pic did not copy well for some reason.

These are the replacements and numbers. You can buy the red ones on EBay for almost nothing.

See the next post for link.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1379  
Old 02-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Welcome to RV Shop - America's Premier RV Website

Here's a site to purchase the Bargman 59 replacements and their part numbers. I have lost two red ones in the past two years. The replacements fit better. I bought two red lenses on EBay for almost nothing and free shipping.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
I recently had an amber marker lens go missing on my 2015 Windsport 27K. I took a chance and found these ones for $6 on Amazon were an exact replacement. It is the whole assembly including the bulb, BTW. There also have the red assemblies. The lenses just snap in, but if you are removing a lens there is a screwdriver slot underneath to pop it loose.

Not sure if other models use this style of marker light.

Amazon Link: Robot Check