Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I hope that you live more than long enough, to prove yourself wrong!
Having done the same thing with motorcycles, snowmobiles, and ATVs for over 50 years: it's actually much easier to just bite the bullet, and write the larger chack at the start!

I just wish that I'd take my own advice!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Agreed its easier to write the check and buy it all at purchase time, but customizing it to our liking has really been fun to do. We now have, what I am sure is a one of a kind Gemini, which is to our liking.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
How about some pictures of your coolest mods?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #24

THOR #5821
Not sure pics would be all that interesting, mods include functional things, like an inverter add, propane BBQ connection on the passenger side, auto satellite system, track mounted cab window blinds, running boards, flush out for black tank, grab bar in shower, brake system for toad, when I tow it, (connects through umbilical) 2nd AC, hydraulic leveling system, additional antennae to improve radio reception, added tiles to wall in kitchen area to make it look more finished, internal surge protector, most of which really doesn't show, but makes the coach so much more usable and pleasant to use. There are also a bunch of little things, like additional clips to hold storage doors open, and more. Its been a busy year getting the adds and having the warrantee stuff done, but I think we are there now, except I may add some window awnings, on the left side, but not sure yet.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Tell me a little bit more about the backsplash tiles.
Our Outlaw has just one little batch of them, and they look more like a poor afterthought, than anything else!
Old 12-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #26

State: Texas
THOR #2121

Thanks. I still haven't seen how the "higher-pressure" feature adds to stability. I'm interested in that function because I can't see how adding extra pressure makes the RV more stable without lifting it, unless the higher pressure refers to something other than hydraulic cylinder pressure.

In the frequently asked questions section I did see the following:

Quote:
108. When the jacks are solidly on the ground there is still movement in the coach. What is the problem?

No two coaches are built exactly alike. Jack placement on the frame, weight of the coach, how far the jacks are extended, how the coach is built (floor and body attachment to the frame) or the type of ground the coach is parked on can dictate how much movement the coach will have when supported by the jacks. Remember, unlike a house, a motor home does not have a foundation to sit on. The basic frame of the coach is supported by one jack at each corner. Having rock solid stability is not easily accomplished.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #27

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Tell me a little bit more about the backsplash tiles.
Our Outlaw has just one little batch of them, and they look more like a poor afterthought, than anything else!
We found these at Lows and our grandson put them on. I think the attachment is there. Oops, rotate to the right to get it upright.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170723_103900.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	8128  
Old 12-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #28

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Thanks. I still haven't seen how the "higher-pressure" feature adds to stability. I'm interested in that function because I can't see how adding extra pressure makes the RV more stable without lifting it, unless the higher pressure refers to something other than hydraulic cylinder pressure.

In the frequently asked questions section I did see the following:
Rock solid stability is theoretically not possible, since every frame that motorhomes are built on are by design, designed to flex some. Since the jacks are typically attached at only 4 points on the frame, there will be some flexing, but I'll tell you its not much in ours. As I understand, the added hydraulic pressure equally applied to each jack head, once level, will transfer a bit more weight from the suspension to the jacks, increasing stability by some factor, I'm sure an HWH engineer could give you. Perfect, no, better, yes.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:15 PM   #29

Model: Four Winds Hurricane 31D
State: Arizona
THOR #7741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
We found these at Lows and our grandson put them on. I think the attachment is there. Oops, rotate to the right to get it upright.
Those are the "peel and stick" sheets right? I have been looking at them at Lowes as well. They have some nice looking ones for sure!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #30
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I agree! Thanks for the info!
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #31

THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by erice1098 View Post
Those are the "peel and stick" sheets right? I have been looking at them at Lowes as well. They have some nice looking ones for sure!
Yes peel & stick, lightweight, had nightmares of tiles falling off traversing our wonderful highways, so decided to use something that would make that a very unlikely scenario.