Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Mud flaps

I've got a brand new 2017 chateau. The mud flap fell off 2 miles down the road I put it back on. Then way out in the middle of Houston it falls off again rubs the tire which rubs a hole in it. I take it out and put it in the cargo bay. When I get back in town and April I take it to the rcd sales they put the same damn mud flap with the hole on it back on never ordered the new one. So then after I go to pick it up 2 weeks later I see it's the old mud flap. So I suck it up and drive off head to Missouri damn thing falls off again rubs another hole in the tire and the brackets gone so are the screws. I am so sick of this just give me a damn mud flap that I can put on myself or change your design!!!!

Old 07-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Man, Your having a rough time with this darn mudflap. I would make them order a new one and install yourself with some angle iron or scrap metal and try bolts instead of screws in it if you can.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Happened to me on my Freedom Elite. It’s not a very stout mounting method. Not sure about “making them” send you parts but I sent them an email with photos of the mud flap that rubbed through on the tires while I was on the road on a 4000 mile trip. They were very nice and sent me a new kit for both sides (even though only one had failed). They were waiting for me when I got home and I installed the one that needed to be replace with a bit of reengineered reinforcement and added the same reinforcement to the other side and all is well. I appreciated Thor’s prompt and friendly service.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #1135
Use a polyethylene/rubber blend mud flap. It will not sail up and get caught on whatever it is getting caught on. You probably need to create a new hanging area for it where you can put a bolt on the back side, Use large 1" diameter fender washers for the installation.
Why would you want a new one just like the one that does not work?
Old 08-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
You can also add a mudflap weight like the trucker's use to keep it from coming up and hitting things.

I put some on our Axis and no longer have an issue with the passenger mudflap hitting the exhaust pipe.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:56 PM   #6

Model: Quantum 31WS
THOR #7419
After reading numerous posts on this issue in the past, I added a longer heavier mudflap, better supports and put the Trucker weight on the bottom, on our Quantum WS31. Combination of all the above suggestions. Total cost was in the order of $100 for all parts. About 1/2 hr per side to install. Works great, and I see no sign of rocks or debris being kicked back up onto my Toad.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #7

THOR #7430
Because that is all that is offered buy Thor. It's a crappy design. And I had no other mudflap because the tire chewed it and that is the one that Thor put back on so there was no room to hang mud flap weights or even attach another one. Stupid design. I'm just going to buy another mud flap myself and use the big trucker kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love My RV View Post
Use a polyethylene/rubber blend mud flap. It will not sail up and get caught on whatever it is getting caught on. You probably need to create a new hanging area for it where you can put a bolt on the back side, Use large 1" diameter fender washers for the installation.
Why would you want a new one just like the one that does not work?