Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
This is as good as it gets!!
SWEEEEET! A Zebra stalker!

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #62

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
The covers look great. What would help me is before and after pics of the mods behind the covers
Old 02-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #63

State: Nevada
THOR #12329
been away for the rv , finishing a custom home build in havasu,...but, what I wanna know is if anyone found the reason for all the wind noise up front... they are living up to the name Hurricane...I found the side windows to leak air as I put duct tape on the out side on my last trip home...also put more foam sealer in the windshield pillars.... still lots of wind noise... my guess is there is no insulation on the front cap???
Old 02-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #64

THOR #12329
Still try'n to find info on the wind noise, and if anyone has fixed this.... it's horrible at best.....on previous coach's I've owned I've found them all to leak air into the coach from under the hood/ firewall section.. and all to not have the windshield pillars sealed..wind comes into the grill and forces through open areas...I can't see a way to remove the windshied inside pillar covers... looks like they are installed first before the dash and upper header goes in so no way to remove them... also there are no screws, so must be installed with two sided tape … my thought is there is no insulation on the header above the windshield... so the wind noise is coming from the fiberglass header above the windshield...it would be nice to go to the factory and watch some of the installs they do to be able to fix what they are doing wrong.. I know what I think is not really a way to think in the real world... and know that the thor line is a cheep built product...short cuts everywhere.. attention to detail is not allowed at the final price point... but what I've found is there is a lot of stuff that's done that wouldn't have taken any longer to do right... it's more of a " nobody doing it right to begin with",
and no one making sure it's done...

on my coach, I found a lot of things wrong... that shouldn't be... some guy , or gal was paid to do the job..and just not doing it or paying attention to what they are doing.... some one sprayed expansion foam , but didn't spray it in the hole they were supposed to seal... so what we have is the cost to thor, paid for the foam, and the labor to install,.. end result was just a waist of money...and an inferior product passed on to the consumer …
Old 02-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #65

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
The covers look great. What would help me is before and after pics of the mods behind the covers
I did post pics a page back...what I did was reinstall the divider in the proper position.. and sealed off the service side so no more chill grill , and all the air is forced out the ceiling vents...with the divider installed proper, the air force doubled out the vents... and noise level dropped ...end result is a cooler, quieter ac system that cools the coach..
Old 02-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #66

THOR #12329
I wanna add this....being an ol timer,and living in the past,....I phones at work!!!!… huge problem in the new generation work force... they can't do anything without the constant distraction of their phone... concentration on what they are doing is just not there... they seem to be more interested social media , and never on what they are supposed to be doing...more hiding around corners or trips to the restroom to get on their phones.. If I ran the crew, they would be fired for having their phone on!!! I've worked for 50 plus years without texting or talking to friends while trying to work...robots work better as they are programed to just do the job...people are hired to do a job where they have to think,..one distraction and the thought process is lost...did I tighten the bolt???....can't remember... I was on the phone..
Old 02-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #67

THOR #12329
ok folks, doesn't seem to be much interest in this noise problem....as hoping, I thought maybe someone addressed this problem and would share the fix...

I like things to work as they should...so I found the problem...

thanks anyway...
Old 02-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #68

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
ok folks, doesn't seem to be much interest in this noise problem....as hoping, I thought maybe someone addressed this problem and would share the fix...

thanks anyway...
I don't find the wind noise excessive for non-flush windows especially with the mirror position. As long as I can hear the CB radio and DW, I don't consider it excessive. Smart phone app shows 67 db at drivers seat @ 55 mph.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:53 AM   #69

State: Alaska
THOR #13281
Quote:
I wanna add this....being an ol timer,and living in the past,....I phones at work!!!!… huge problem in the new generation work force... they can't do anything without the constant distraction of their phone... concentration on what they are doing is just not there... they seem to be more interested social media , and never on what they are supposed to be doing...more hiding around corners or trips to the restroom to get on their phones.. If I ran the crew, they would be fired for having their phone on!!! I've worked for 50 plus years without texting or talking to friends while trying to work...robots work better as they are programed to just do the job...people are hired to do a job where they have to think,..one distraction and the thought process is lost...did I tighten the bolt???....can't remember... I was on the phone..

Any job that doesn’t allow you to use your phone would be a low end job for the most part.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:02 AM   #70

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:

thanks anyway...
Well darn, if nobody else is gong to ask, I guess I will. Where was the problem and how did you fix it???
Old 02-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #71

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I don't find the wind noise excessive for non-flush windows especially with the mirror position. As long as I can hear the CB radio and DW, I don't consider it excessive. Smart phone app shows 67 db at drivers seat @ 55 mph.
my noise starts at 55 mph....life in the fast lane...
Old 02-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #72

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
Well darn, if nobody else is gong to ask, I guess I will. Where was the problem and how did you fix it???
here's where I'm at,... every time I think I fixed it.....NOT!!! I took the front header apart …. when they built it, they sprayed some glue and put a little piece of fiberglass insulation , about 1/3 of the size needed....well, they didn't spray enough glue and the piece just fell down,... again... thor paid for the insulation, and the labor to install... but it was worthless because it wasn't installed proper... again...something that should have been done right to begin with and something that wouldn't have cost anymore to do right..

although the coach is getting quieter....still have the noise at 55 and above...
Old 02-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #73

THOR #12329
I wanna add this about our new 2019 thor 29m Hurricane,... I've owned 8 or so dozen different motorhome through my years,...and this coach ranks as the best so far....lots of minor repairs... but it has been the same with all of them.... for some reason... this new coach rides smooth and quiet as far as the chassis goes... not sure what ford did but they addressed the shock and spring problem of the past...no more banging over every little bump and no more harsh crash sound from tar strips and concrete freeways,,I've done zero mods to the chassis and I usually have to do it all, shocks, sumo's track bars, sway bars and such....kinda afraid to touch it as it works that good..
Old 02-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #74

THOR #14120
Quote:
I wanna add this about our new 2019 thor 29m Hurricane,... I've owned 8 or so dozen different motorhome through my years,...and this coach ranks as the best so far....lots of minor repairs... but it has been the same with all of them.... for some reason... this new coach rides smooth and quiet as far as the chassis goes... not sure what ford did but they addressed the shock and spring problem of the past...no more banging over every little bump and no more harsh crash sound from tar strips and concrete freeways,,I've done zero mods to the chassis and I usually have to do it all, shocks, sumo's track bars, sway bars and such....kinda afraid to touch it as it works that good..

Not my experience with the 2018 Hurricane I have. At 60Mph I thought I was on a amusement park ride. Have added a lot of stuff to make it drivable.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:48 PM   #75

THOR #12329
Quote:
Not my experience with the 2018 Hurricane I have. At 60Mph I thought I was on a amusement park ride. Have added a lot of stuff to make it drivable.
do you have black shocks?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #76

THOR #12329
Quote:
also, I think your coach is a 2017 ford chassis, that and they quit building the 31z... pretty sure it was on the 190 wb

so your coach if correct is 377'' long, -190'' wb is 187'' gonna be a handful to drive with only about 50% of coach WB...
Old 02-25-2019, 11:46 PM   #77

THOR #14120
Quote:
also, I think your coach is a 2017 ford chassis, that and they quit building the 31z... pretty sure it was on the 190 wb

so your coach if correct is 377'' long, -190'' wb is 187'' gonna be a handful to drive with only about 50% of coach WB...

Your math is correct. My point is Thor should never have put that MH on the road. I did a test drive but only a few minutes on the freeway. I had a two hour drive home. Thought I was going to die several times.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:04 AM   #78

THOR #12329
Quote:
Your math is correct. My point is Thor should never have put that MH on the road. I did a test drive but only a few minutes on the freeway. I had a two hour drive home. Thought I was going to die several times.
sumo's really help those....I used to buy the 26he winniebago's… same situation , but only 158'' wheel base.... nice for getting around parking lots.... but that's about it..
Old 02-26-2019, 12:11 AM   #79

THOR #12329
So on our trip home yesterday, about 100 miles out, I stopped and got the vacuum out... the whole dash was covered with fiberglass dust... cleaned it all out...today, 100 miles later...fiberglass all over the dash... so I spent the day try'n to figure out the air leak... this is what I think I found... the fire wall frame is metal tubing... the tubes have open ends... I think the air comes through the grille and up the tubing... so I sealed it off...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04606_LI.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	15847  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:14 AM   #80

THOR #14120
Quote:
sumo's really help those....I used to buy the 26he winniebago's… same situation , but only 158'' wheel base.... nice for getting around parking lots.... but that's about it..

My wife found Jerry’s mods on the Thor forum. From there I read everything thing I could find. Added front and back sway bars, steering stabilizer. We took a trip to La Grange and it was much better. Next week I get the sumos added and all the stuff needed to tow my toad. We are excited to start enjoying the RV.