Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
as far as the pillar trim on inside, I pryed enough to see that they are on with two sided tape...removal is gonna leave a mark..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04609.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	15872  

Old 02-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #102

THOR #12329
I think I got the wind leak fixed,..used clear caulking... filled the gap with caulk and now just have to wait for it to set up to check
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04614.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	15874  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:02 PM   #103

THOR #12329
ok, on to my next ta-do.... when I remounted the tv on the window wall, I now can use the cabinet that was blocked by the TV..so I need a cabinet door and hardware.... I asked the tech today about it and he said I need to have one custom made...it's the same sive as the other three up there... just need one more....Is thre a parts dept for thor for the 29m hurricane...on my winniebago the cabinet door was warpped and they just sent out a new one....does thor get their wood work pre made and just take stuf out of the box and screw it in....????
Old 02-27-2019, 09:06 PM   #104

THOR #12329
here's a pic of the situation...need a door to match the other three
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC04618.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	15875  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #105
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
here's a pic of the situation...need a door to match the other three
Call Thor and have them give you a part number for the cabinet door; then call the dealer with the part number and have them order it for you. (This is the procedure that Thor says to do since you can't order parts directly from Thor.)
Old 02-27-2019, 09:37 PM   #106

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Call Thor and have them give you a part number for the cabinet door; then call the dealer with the part number and have them order it for you. (This is the procedure that Thor says to do since you can't order parts directly from Thor.)
thank you Sir...will do..
Old 03-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #107

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
thanks, did that, new door on the way soon... ordered the door, strut, hinges, and pull...came to just north of a hundred bucks...
Old 03-04-2019, 11:14 PM   #108

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Your math is correct. My point is Thor should never have put that MH on the road. I did a test drive but only a few minutes on the freeway. I had a two hour drive home. Thought I was going to die several times.
Wunner what happened when they drove it from Elkhart, Ind. to where ever you bought it, like did the papers say anything about the noise?
Old 03-04-2019, 11:17 PM   #109

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Wunner what happened when they drove it from Elkhart, Ind. to where ever you bought it, like did the papers say anything about the noise?

To my knowledge the dealer didn’t have any “papers “
Old 03-05-2019, 01:53 AM   #110

THOR #12329
Quote:
what Thor does is, they ship the coaches to the dealers.... when it arrives they have to do an inspection...they do a walk around with the transporter and look for damage... any damage must be reported at that time or it becomes lot damage.....damage reported down the road becomes dealers cost to do business...something like a leaking windshield thor will pick up... gel damage , broken door, becomes lot damage...even if it was that way when they got it,... if not reported on delivery... it wasn't there
Old 03-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #111

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
I wanna add this....being an ol timer,and living in the past,....I phones at work!!!!… huge problem in the new generation work force... they can't do anything without the constant distraction of their phone... concentration on what they are doing is just not there... they seem to be more interested social media , and never on what they are supposed to be doing...more hiding around corners or trips to the restroom to get on their phones.. If I ran the crew, they would be fired for having their phone on!!! I've worked for 50 plus years without texting or talking to friends while trying to work...robots work better as they are programed to just do the job...people are hired to do a job where they have to think,..one distraction and the thought process is lost...did I tighten the bolt???....can't remember... I was on the phone..
You certainly nailed that!
Old 03-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #112

THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
HERE'S THE OTHER KICKER... THEY'RE TRY'N TO MAKE IT FED. 15 BUCKS AN HOUR MIN...I own business with employee's I come across many people that I wouldn't pay 5 bucks an hour...kids aren't taught how to work,.. they are taught to work an I phone.... mothers stick the kid in day care, and hand them an I pad … 7 yr old grand kids " here grand pa, let me show you how to load a video." ..they end up flipp'n burgers for a liv'n and complain they don't get paid enough
Old 03-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #113

THOR #12329
Quote:
lol... PUFF PUFF GIVE...…. USE A PIPE
Old 03-18-2019, 02:19 AM   #114

THOR #12329
back to the 29m,, ordered the cabinet door, and got it installed... now it looks like that's how it should have come..lot more storage up there now....25% more ...lol. but I also ordered another strut... the cabinet door over the entry door won't stay up, it only had one strut,.. don't know if they forgot one, or they just come with one, but one is not enough to keep the door up...
Old 03-18-2019, 02:23 AM   #115

THOR #12329
another , that's just weird...when you spin the frt. seat around...feet don't hit the ground.… , so I extended the raised floor to the stairwell... made the new section a big storage/tool box, and now there's a place to rest your feet
Old 03-18-2019, 02:27 AM   #116

THOR #12329
next.... the bed.... what were they thinking... the bed height is 32''... and the mattress horrible....so I cut the bed stand down 8''.... now you can set on the edge of the bed and put your shoes on...but here the extra.... unbelievable how much bigger the bedroom looks now...it always looked kinda crampy... now it looks wide open..
Old 03-18-2019, 02:31 AM   #117

THOR #12329
ut oh,... som tingwong….the fold out bed..... with the slide out... you can't fold out the bed... it hits the dinette.... and.. the seat to the sofa angles to the front, so you keep sliding out...I found that the 34'r comes with theater seating... so I'm in the process of ordering that set up from thor….this way the seat height will be right, and a perfect match to the other furniture...
Old 08-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #118

THOR #12329
so here's an up date,... never got the thor theater seating... they're more uncomfortable then what I have...so I took the stock sofa and did a mod... got rid of the fold out bed and made a new sofa frame ...it now has storage underneath.. and comfortable to sit in...
Old 08-28-2019, 01:07 PM   #119

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Quote:
HERE'S THE OTHER KICKER... THEY'RE TRY'N TO MAKE IT FED. 15 BUCKS AN HOUR MIN...I own business with employee's I come across many people that I wouldn't pay 5 bucks an hour...kids aren't taught how to work,.. they are taught to work an I phone.... mothers stick the kid in day care, and hand them an I pad … 7 yr old grand kids " here grand pa, let me show you how to load a video." ..they end up flipp'n burgers for a liv'n and complain they don't get paid enough
You both nailed it. As a kid I started work at Safeway and had to work my way up that Totem pole. Makes me angry that people are demanding what I made after 20 years at the store!
Old 08-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #120

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Everyone's Answer to Cell Phone Addicted Nut Jobs

We are all aware of those (mostly younger generation do nothings) who are addicted to their phones. At school, at work in the line at a fast food counter everywhere these cell addicted tards are a problem. They of course are the result of 25 years of teaching children to be entitled little me first snowflake bratty free trophy getters. I can't begin to count the number of times I have been trapped behind a slow vehicle or having to beep at the car in front after the light changed to spark movement all to find out they were on their phone and or texting. Don't you just love taking your wife out to an expensive meal only to have the bimbo at the next table decide it's a good time to get on her phone and talk loudly so you can hear everything thus disrupting your time? This happened to me once and after several minutes I politely asked, "do you mind, your loud talking is disrupting our meal", to which I was told to "F off". Nice huh? So a few days later I began to research to find a way to make phones near me not work. I soon bought an inexpensive portable jammer (which by the way it is illegal to intentionally jam signals) but still legal to purchase the jammers. After a month of use I noticed that it sometimes resulted in dropped calls and blocking reuse while activated and sometimes it didn't do anything at all. More research. Then I learned about the different types of signals and the differences in 3g, 4g and 4g lte as well as a few more. So I purchased a more expensive portable jamming device effective on all of them. Oh my god it works great. I soon discovered no matter what cell phone, service provider or signal strength this new jammer instantly killed all cell calls within about a 40 foot radius. I have since had a few occasions while driving to see the person driving next to me texting and or talking on the phone (young girls are the worst offenders and doing it while driving is illegal) and with a push of a button they are no longer able to use the phone, at least until I get out of range. How do I justify breaking the law? Easy. If you are driving around me while talking (hand held) or texting you are endangering me so I have the right to make you stop endangering me. If I'm in a fine restaurant trying to enjoy quiet time and a nice meal with my wife you are intruding and even disturbing my right to quiet enjoyment by your loud phone use then I have a right to make you stop doing it. I'm paying a premium to enjoy good food in a peaceful environment and I refuse to allow snowflake/selfish/me first people to invade it. Google cell jammers and you will see how easily you can obtain one. I really can't express how good it feels to be able to simply make the stupid people stop.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Closed Thread