Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 10:24 PM   #121
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
................ then I have a right to make you stop doing it. I'm paying a premium to enjoy good food in a peaceful environment and I refuse to allow snowflake/selfish/me first people to invade it. Google cell jammers and you will see how easily you can obtain one. I really can't express how good it feels to be able to simply make the stupid people stop.

No actually you don't.

It is illegal to jam cell signals. It's also unspeakably entitled. Consider a physician waiting for an important message regarding patient status, parents on date night who want their sitter to able to contact them in an emergency....

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jamming-...nt-against-law

If you are in a restaurant and find someone elses behavior problematic, ask the business establishment to intervene. If you are unhappy with the result vote with your feet and find a new place to eat. We have laws about this sort of thing for good reason and you have made a choice that they somehow don't apply to you.

Old 08-31-2019, 02:23 AM   #122

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
No actually you don't.

It is illegal to jam cell signals. It's also unspeakably entitled. Consider a physician waiting for an important message . . .
Good points Janet, and I assume you’re making this post as a participant in the conversation and not as a moderator enforcing a broken rule?

To be honest, and with all due respect, most doctors still carry pagers so that poor cell service doesn’t affect their ability to receive an emergency call.

The idea that DogLovers shouldn’t use this device because it’s “against the law” is problematic. Our lawmakers consistently consider themselves above the laws they pass, so it’s understandable that citizens feel little obligation to abide by those laws either.

Personally, I understand DogLovers efforts to bring inconsiderate and entitled idiots under control with passive restraints. Otherwise, he’d have to beat them with a club, and that’s going to mess up dinner for everyone.

It's safe to assume desert wouldn't be much better ...
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Old 08-31-2019, 10:47 AM   #123

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
I don't know if I mentioned.... but I did get the new cabinet door from thor… match is perfect....and I did lower the bed down... and it's working great...the sofa with storage under is great also...oh... and I still carry a flip phone that I shut off while out to dinner..I say grace, I say mam , if you anit in to that ,.. well …..a country boy can survive.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:39 PM   #124

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
No actually you don't.

It is illegal to jam cell signals. It's also unspeakably entitled. Consider a physician waiting for an important message regarding patient status, parents on date night who want their sitter to able to contact them in an emergency....

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jamming-...nt-against-law

If you are in a restaurant and find someone elses behavior problematic, ask the business establishment to intervene. If you are unhappy with the result vote with your feet and find a new place to eat. We have laws about this sort of thing for good reason and you have made a choice that they somehow don't apply to you.
Thanks for your input/opinion on this subject Janet. Yes I know it is illegal to jam wireless signals. My use is to simply cause a call to be dropped not constant signal jamming although it is possible to do that. It is only used on that rare occasion where idiots can't help but dominate the area with their loud talk. After a few drops the offender simply gives up and continues with the meal and not the phone conversation.

Consider this. It is also illegal to walk into a store/restaurant and start shooting people yet it seems to be happening more and more frequently. That’s why I am one of those “unspeakably entitled” concealed carry people that will in fact draw a weapon and put a criminal down instantly if I had to. It’s also illegal to block roadway traffic and jaywalk but I did just that one day after witnessing a woman and child hit by a speeding car while crossing the street. I used my “unspeakably entitled” idea and my giant gas guzzling Ford Super Crew to speed across traffic and completely block the road, then I jumped out and rendered immediate aid to the badly injured woman & child in the center of the highway until emergency services arrived. I realize my behavior in blocking everyone from passing by was “unspeakably entitled” but I just didn’t care then or now. Life experience has taught me loud mouthed cell phone abusers are not the type to stop what they are doing by request and in fact asking them can actually enlarge the problem. Tattling to a waitress or food service manager while sounds right rarely produces pleasant results, now the offender is focused on you because you complained. Safest bet is to secretly cause their non-emergency call to simply disconnect. Even in my “unspeakably entitled” state if the conversation is loud enough to be a nuisance it’s also loud enough for me to determine its level of importance. You’re right we do have laws about this sort of thing for a reason and I often vote with my feet. I even go so far as to let my “unspeakably entitled” feet carry me to Portland on more than one occasion to counter some young misguided “unspeakably entitled” people that claim to be members of a group called ANTIFA and hate America. Sorry but as an “unspeakably entitled” veteran if I need to break a few minor laws in defending the tranquility of our America and our flag I will do just that. Like you and most other people I do in fact choose what laws I will break. Some people cheat a bit on their taxes, some speed, some steal, some commit horrible crimes. I just stop others from entering my space in a rude, invasive, “unspeakably entitled” manner. If you think that is “unspeakably entitled” that’s a shame. Remember its people like me that make it just a bit safer for people like you.

Ps. Next time you see a veteran eating a meal in a restaurant pay for his meal and tell him ‘thank you for your service’ on your way out the door. I do it every chance I get.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #125
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Quote:
Thanks for your input/opinion on this subject Janet. Yes I know it is illegal to jam wireless signals. My use is to simply cause a call to be .....
Quote:
If you think that is “unspeakably entitled” that’s a shame. Remember its people like me that make it just a bit safer for people like you.

You are breaking the law and knowingly so.

Quote:
Ps. Next time you see a veteran eating a meal in a restaurant pay for his meal and tell him ‘thank you for your service’ on your way out the door. I do it every chance I get.
Our vets served and swore upon undertaking this role to "protect and defend" the constitution and country. Laws and the way of life they served to ensure are for everyone.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #126

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Talking

Quote:
You are breaking the law and knowingly so.

Our vets served and swore upon undertaking this roles to "protect and defend" the constitution and country. Laws and the way of life they served to ensure are for everyone.
Hello again Janet,

I see you wish to continue this conversation, ok. Well when I am driving my RV across this great country and make stops along the way. I always try to remember no matter who has what opinion my moral compass ultimately decides what I think is just and what I think is unjust. According to the pm's I got on this topic it seems most here agree with my assessment of rude phone users and my remedy for them. Good luck however with your passive ideology I hope it serves you well. Have a nice day.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Closed Thread