Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #41
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Thor posted a video about making the beds on this new floorplan (its funny they don't mention the brand or model of the RV they are talking about but looking at the bathroom at back[0:45] and the front [0:50] it does appear to be the 25.5):

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Thor posted a video about making the beds on this new floorplan (its funny they don't mention the brand or model of the RV they are talking about but looking at the bathroom at back[0:45] and the front [0:50] it does appear to be the 25.5):
Thanks for posting video Jamie. I had been very curious about how they made the Twin beds so they doubled for seating/lounging. Now we know.

I'd personally like to see Thor offer that type of bed/lounge arrangement in a 24.1 floorplan. Having a huge "U" shaped lounge in back would be worth making the beds every day even if necessary.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #43

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
I'm not a big fan of having the fridge on a slide-out.
I concur... but why couldn't you ask them to swap the fridge with the pantry location??
Having no appliances in a slide is a big plus IMHO.
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #44

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
I concur... but why couldn't you ask them to swap the fridge with the pantry location??
Having no appliances in a slide is a big plus IMHO.
It appears, if drawn to scale, that the fridge is wider than the pantry. if they swapped locations they'd have to make the motorhome longer, or else cut out space somewhere else. The kitchen counter is pretty small on that floorplan already, so I'm not sure where they'd find a few more inches.

Like you, I wouldn't want equipment on a slide if possible. No slide at all is OK with me too.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:38 AM   #45

State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Wow a 24.1 with a bigger bathroom in the very rear. Nice...might have to upgrade.... !

Only problem is: What if the two twins are made up as a big bed and the person sleeping in the very front of the coach needs to use the restroom (at least in the 24.1 they still can without having to crawl over the sleepers).

There always seems to be some compromise !

Note that they all come with a tankless water heater...nice.
Still feel good about the 25.5? They have one at LaMesa for 63. Looks like they aren't selling like the 24.1, but hey i'm single and the rear bath wouldn't matter to me.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #46
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
Still feel good about the 25.5? They have one at LaMesa for 63. Looks like they aren't selling like the 24.1, but hey i'm single and the rear bath wouldn't matter to me.
Ask the few on here who have purchased it.

In my use case the bathroom arrangement would be a show stopper, even if the shower is much larger. Since you'd be the only one in the camper it wouldn't matter as much.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #47

State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Ask the few on here who have purchased it.

In my use case the bathroom arrangement would be a show stopper, even if the shower is much larger. Since you'd be the only one in the camper it wouldn't matter as much.
i've heard from one other who owns it and they have no regrets. A nearly 20K difference between a new 18 and this one is a big number.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #48

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
If the 24.1 were a foot longer, had the same jack knife sofa as the 25.2 and did not have a slide I would buy it in a New York second. When the Axis first came out we looked at the 24.1 and turned it down because of the small couch.
PLEASE THOR, GIVE US A NON SLIDE AXIS/VEGAS!
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #49

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
If the 24.1 were a foot longer, had the same jack knife sofa as the 25.2 and did not have a slide I would buy it in a New York second. When the Axis first came out we looked at the 24.1 and turned it down because of the small couch.
PLEASE THOR, GIVE US A NON SLIDE AXIS/VEGAS!
I doubt a 24.1 without a slide would have to be a foot longer to fit the jackknife sofa from the 25.2. Most slides use up about an extra foot of length (about 6 inches at either end). Just eliminating the slide should be enough.

I've been told numerous times by Thor that they have no plans to build a slideless Axis/Vegas. I know they could do it easily, but believe they must have a reason why they won't.

Pricing alone could be a major issue for them. A 24.1 like you describe with the 25.2's non-slide living area may cost $5k less than otherwise, so how would that affect other Axis/Vegas sales? Would it cannibalize other floorplans that may have higher profit margins?

I agree that combining the attributes of two very popular Axis/Vegas floorplans (24.1 and 25.2) makes a lot of sense. Because the 25.2 has one of the best bathrooms, I'd prefer adding the 24.1's Twin/King bedroom at rear of 25.2.

And while they are borrowing best ideas from other Thor floorplans, they should move generator to just ahead of rear axle so they can install a MegaStorage compartment under the TwinKing beds. What's not to like about a compact Axis/Vegas with 100 cubic feet of outside storage space plus a lot more inside storage space over beds?
Old 10-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #50

State: Minnesota
THOR #8583
We have the floorplan 25.5 and love it. What most people don't seem to realize is that you can make the back beds one a twin and pull the other twin out to make a full instead of making a king and still have room to walk thru. I sleep on one side and my husband sleeps on the other. We love the openness of the 25.5 as soon as you walk in it feels large with the slide out. The bathroom shower is spacious compare to some models, and the handling is not a problem at all my husband and I both drive it. I do agree that the storage outside is less but the storage inside is very good, and I also agree that the kitchen counter area is very small. Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #51

Model: Siesta Sprinter 24SV
State: Arkansas
THOR #6932
Quote:
Just saw this video on the twin bed/ king conversion with rear bath. It looks identical to our coach, Thor Siesta sprinter 24sv.

The floorplan works great for us! We have driven almost 10,000 miles during our 6 months of ownership. It feels more spacious than it is.

We don't use the thick cushions (that are to make the big bed). We do use the thin ones. We leave the beds made and use lots of throw pillows to give a sofa look during the day. Works well for us!
Old 10-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #52

State: Minnesota
THOR #8583
You do not need to pull it all the way to make a king, pull it only far enough to still be able to walk thru and you'll have one side a twin and one side a double.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #53

Model: Siesta Sprinter 24SV
State: Arkansas
THOR #6932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieman60 View Post
You do not need to pull it all the way to make a king, pull it only far enough to still be able to walk thru and you'll have one side a twin and one side a double.
Good point! Leaving access to the bathroom is really important.