Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Chateau 21C
State: Florida
THOR #1729
Water tank drain valve stuck

I own a 2010 Thor Chateau 21C. I have found where the water tank drain valve is but it is stuck closed. There are 2 valves side by side. One to drain the lines and one to drain the tank. The one to drain the lines works fine. The one to drain the fresh water tank is stuck closed and I can not seem to budge it. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I am surprised you don't have a valve for each of the hot and cold water lines next to each other.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:59 AM   #3

THOR #1729
You know, maybe I am confusing the two valves that are side by side. Maybe they are hot and cold. Will post a photo if I am allowed. The valve that is stuck closed is on the left. I think the photo is attached to this but I don't see it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150321_152426-1.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	306  
Old 03-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I saw the photo, and I would still guess they are low point drains for the hot-cold water lines. Unfortunately they did not color code them for you. On my rig (only one year newer than yours), one is red and one is blue (hot and cold).

Through previous discussion on this forum, it is apparent that no two models are the same (as far as construction practices go), and some models may not have a fresh water tank drain if I recall.

On my coach, the fresh water tank drain looks like this:

Which is the most common configuration. However, some coaches do use a different valve for the tank water drain, which looks closer to yours.

The definitive answer would be if you can locate your fresh water tank. If it has a drain, it's water line should be directly attached to the tank. If you can find it, perhaps you can follow it's general direction and perhaps locate the drain.

On the other hand, if you cannot find the water line, then you likely don't have a drain connected directly to the tank.

You should have 4 lines connected to your fresh water tank; the fill, the fill vent, the water line going to the water pump, and a drain line (if you have one).
Old 03-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #5

THOR #1729
Water tank drain valve stuck

Thank you FW28z for the information. I am beginning to suspect that my coach does not have a drain valve. For now I will run some fresh water to the gray water tank then dump it. I bought the Thor and the fresh water tank is 2/3 full. Don't like running with that much water in the tank.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #6

State: Indiana
THOR #5266
Did you ever figure this out? Trying to drain our tank on our 2010 Thor Four Winds 21c and can't find this either. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2016, 10:22 PM   #7

THOR #1729
Thor 21c

Never got that figured out.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #8

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Go to the Thor motorhome website. At the very top in the Blue border click the word "Owners." That will take you to the owners link. Then click the "Contact Customer Care" button. Fill out the form with your identification information, the year, make, model, and VIN of your Thor RV and in the comments section ask them for fresh water plumbing drawing for your specific VIN. That drawing will show exactly where the fresh water tank is, and the location of all the fresh water low point drains.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #9

THOR #1729
Re: Water tank drain valve stuck

Thank you Ed & Bev