Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2015, 01:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
New Tire Pressure Monitor Arrived Today, TST TM507

Just received the TST TM507 TPMS today from Amazon....looks like a real nice unit. Quality seems good, and there are a few videos on youtube that helped with learning about it quickly. Weather permitting, will install tomorrow, and follow up with how it went.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I have the EEZTire TPMS system and they are really a great thing to have. The one thing I don't want is a blowout in my coach at highway speeds.

Not sure how yours installs, but on my unit, they wanted me to run around all of the tires and install the sensors one-by-one, and program them into the unit, all within so many minutes (or the unit goes out of program mode).

The sensors on my unit activate under tire pressure.

So I simply programmed the sensors all at once - sitting in my easy chair - by using my bicycle tire to activate them. Then I installed them on the tires after they were all activated. Of course, you need to mark where each one goes, but that made it a lot easier to program than running around the RV within so many minutes..
Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1547
We also had the TST 507 installed yesterday! Since we live about 35 miles from Cumming, GA where their business is located, we drove the Axis to them for advice on whether to go with their flow through or regular sensors. Mike was super helpful and installed the flow through sensors on the RV and recommended the regular 507's for our toad as they are shorter. We decided to buy 2 sets of 6, so we have a spare sensor of each type. He also swapped the extra monitor from the second set for the repeater.

Have read volumes on IRV2 about their great customer service, and we were both impressed with how helpful Mike was! He also answers his phone until midnight 7 days a week, if you need trouble shooting or help while traveling! Can't think of another business that is so available!!!

When you buy from them directly you get a 3 year warranty, and they are currently running a 10% off special if anyone is interested in ordering.

Was great to check all 6 tire pressures and temperatures almost instantly when we were at the motorhome today!! Will try out the toad's sensors next time we hitch up, but based on our return trip yesterday we expect to be equally happy with them!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 12:05 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Here is a tip on programming the sensors:

Not sure how yours programs, but on my unit, you have to go into learn mode and let the monitor detect each pressure sensor, and then you assign the location as well as the min-max values.

Rather than run around my coach and plugging in sensors on each tire as I programmed it, I simply programed the unit in my garage by using a bicycle tire and programmed all of the sensors one at a time (the sensors activate upon seeing tire pressure).

Of course with this approach, when you assign each sensor to a tire location, you have to mark it so you can put it on the proper tire after programming all of them.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:25 AM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1547
FW28Z,

Thanks for the tip but not necessary with the TST system. First you link all sensors with the monitor while assigning their tire location, and then you put all of them on the tires. We were spoiled yesterday as Mike at TST programmed all of ours, including the toad, and then put the RV ones on and checked for leaks. We left with the toad's labeled sensors already linked to the monitor. All we have to do now is screw them on the car!!

Rob
Old 05-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #6

State: Arkansas
THOR #1378
These guys are really the best......had an issue and in just 2 days they had a replacement to me for free. TRUST the Tpms 507 it a great little unit.
ED
Old 05-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #7

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
I second the praise. I have it on my ace, dolly and toad. Works well!
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #8

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
A third thumbs up for me. One of the most important system on you motorhome and the TST 507 is slick. The support and help from the company is the best.