Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2016, 03:33 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnagle6900@gmail.com View Post
September may be a great month to buy. Tail end of the season. I purchased my Vegas in October. My local camping world had a 2016 25.2, and other than the radio and a loose piece of weather stripping, it has been perfect. The 25.2 has a nice and roomy shower, should that be a factor for Dad. I also got the Safe-T-Plus installed at the factory near ATL and it drives very comfortably. Takes a little more lead time for turns and stopping, but not much more than a hummer. I priced this model online, then went and negotiated a purchase at my local CW, where I had seen this one on the lot. Note...every time I have taken it for a warranty check, they ask me if I bought there.... I suspect that makes a difference in their willingness to do warranty repairs. Good luck!
I really would love to get the Safe-T-Plus. Thanks to the tips here, I watched the video. Are they expensive?

I finally saw a Vegas on the road last week :-). It was heading south on I-95.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:36 AM   #22

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeTheDive View Post
Thanks for your note. I love the shower in the 25.2. But I like the option of the twin beds and I prefer the slide in the living area. That's great to know about timing! They are blowing some of the 16s out now and I'm on the fence. I just found out about this RV a month ago. I know they have that mega RV show in Tampa around January. Wonder how pricing would be then.
I bought my 2016 Axis in the Tampa show last year. Apparently, Thor allocates a certain amount of money for RV shows for dealer discounts. In the case of the Axis at Tampa it was $5k. I checked the dealers web site after the show and the advertised price did increase by $5k. That is not to say that a dealer near you will not meet the show price or lower. They very well may do that and it is a lot easier to deal with a local dealer - as long as he is reputable. The dealers at Tampa are both (Axis and Vegas) from literally right down the street. The base price for the Vegas was $67k. That was for one with one TV, one battery and the 13.5k A/C. The show allows you to see about every small Class A RV that exists in one place. And there are numerous RV dealers within 10 miles of the show.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #23

THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
I bought my 2016 Axis in the Tampa show last year. Apparently, Thor allocates a certain amount of money for RV shows for dealer discounts. In the case of the Axis at Tampa it was $5k. I checked the dealers web site after the show and the advertised price did increase by $5k. That is not to say that a dealer near you will not meet the show price or lower. They very well may do that and it is a lot easier to deal with a local dealer - as long as he is reputable. The dealers at Tampa are both (Axis and Vegas) from literally right down the street. The base price for the Vegas was $67k. That was for one with one TV, one battery and the 13.5k A/C. The show allows you to see about every small Class A RV that exists in one place. And there are numerous RV dealers within 10 miles of the show.
Thanks for info on discounts! For the 17s. Three TVs are standard plus the dual battery. They should make the 15 k a/c standard. :-).

Has anyone ordered the oven?
Old 05-18-2016, 12:09 PM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeTheDive
Has anyone ordered the oven?
We specifically did not get the oven (picked ours up from dealer stock). When you don't get the oven the microwave is a microwave/convection oven combo and you get three nice large drawers for storage.

Our prior camper, a 5th wheel, had an oven and I think we only used it twice in the 10+ years we owned it.

So far we've used the convection oven a lot more than twice (now just starting our 3rd season with the Axis).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #25

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
TaketheDive,

We got our Safe-T-Plus at the Georgia Manufacturing Plant for $505.00 out the door. The install and adjustments were free at the Plant.

For me, it made a world of difference when hitting potholes, irregular pavement, patches on the highway and the dips and bumps that exist!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #26
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Thanks for your note. I love the shower in the 25.2. But I like the option of the twin beds and I prefer the slide in the living area. That's great to know about timing! They are blowing some of the 16s out now and I'm on the fence. I just found out about this RV a month ago. I know they have that mega RV show in Tampa around January. Wonder how pricing would be then.
We bought our 2016 Axis 24.1 in January at the Kansas City RV Show...got a decent discount and an awesome trade in ... We had shopped for several months via the internet/rv trader...and decided on the 24.1 as we liked the twin/kiing bed setup and from experience, we knew we wanted the slide in the living area...the bathroom is smaller on the 24.1, ... we have taken 4 short trips with it so far and the arrangement has worked well for us and KC our cat !
The bathroom doors, with the magnetic latch makes for a large dressing room and we have found it works well. We have had a dinette and did not want another...we like the table setup in the 24.1...and when setup in a campground we eat outdoors most of the time anyway. Camping..right !?
Many of us have made cutting board covers for the sink, which is handy..and the foldout extension works well.
We know, some of the units have microwave and regular oven...we find the convection/microwave combo works sufficiently...and gives you more drawers.

I could go on and on...I have photos I can post again..if you want to see what we have done...many folks on this forum have done some neat modifications...we all love our units and like to share !!

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #27

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Need advice...

I'm considering purchasing a 2016 24.1 model .... cut.....
I'm curious if you've run across any other models (regardless of manufacturer) in your search that are similar to the Axis 24.1?
Old 05-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #28

THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
We specifically did not get the oven (picked ours up from dealer stock). When you don't get the oven the microwave is a microwave/convection oven combo and you get three nice large drawers for storage.

Our prior camper, a 5th wheel, had an oven and I think we only used it twice in the 10+ years we owned it.

So far we've used the convection oven a lot more than twice (now just starting our 3rd season with the Axis).
Thanks! Think you're right..the oven is out.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:10 PM   #29

THOR #4103
I could go on and on...I have photos I can post again..if you want to see what we have done...many folks on this forum have done some neat modifications...we all love our units and like to share !!

K[/QUOTE]

I would love to see photos!!

To me, the slide is the living area is a must. I don't care for the dinette. Sofa is so much more comfy and useful. The table between the front seats is perfect. Can anyways get a TV tray.

I'm not big on cooking so the oven is out. I can always take a toaster oven and use outside. ;-).
Old 05-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #30

THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
TaketheDive,

We got our Safe-T-Plus at the Georgia Manufacturing Plant for $505.00 out the door. The install and adjustments were free at the Plant.

For me, it made a world of difference when hitting potholes, irregular pavement, patches on the highway and the dips and bumps that exist!

Doc
Awesome! Must have IMHO. I remember my white knuckles driving the land yacht. Lol.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #31

THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I'm curious if you've run across any other models (regardless of manufacturer) in your search that are similar to the Axis 24.1?

Nothing exact in the same price range. Found a couple in the $100k plus range. There was a Reyo and I think a Via.

There are some small class a. Fre 3, Trek, ACE. Had to find a small one that has the sofa!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:51 PM   #32
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Nothing exact in the same price range. Found a couple in the $100k plus range. There was a Reyo and I think a Via.

There are some small class a. Fre 3, Trek, ACE. Had to find a small one that has the sofa!
We looked at the FRE 3 ..Forest River...omg !! talk about a train wreck..workmanship ?? QC ?? If I were the dealer, I doubt I would have it on my lot !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #33

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #3216
Quote:
I really would love to get the Safe-T-Plus. Thanks to the tips here, I watched the video. Are they expensive?

I finally saw a Vegas on the road last week :-). It was heading south on I-95.
The factory install in Austell, GA Was $450. Local CW quoted $699...we decided a three hour road trip with a free overnight at the Austell Walmart would be a good adventure. It was. The folks at the factory are nice, they know what they're doing, and they road test with you in case any adjustments needed (none were).
Old 05-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #34
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeTheDive
I would love to see photos!!
One of the biggest threads with lots of mod photos is this one: Axis/Vegas mods...1,2,3,Go 11 pages of moddy goodness with pics
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:27 PM   #35

THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We looked at the FRE 3 ..Forest River...omg !! talk about a train wreck..workmanship ?? QC ?? If I were the dealer, I doubt I would have it on my lot !!
I only saw layouts online.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:29 PM   #36

THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnagle6900@gmail.com View Post
The factory install in Austell, GA Was $450. Local CW quoted $699...we decided a three hour road trip with a free overnight at the Austell Walmart would be a good adventure. It was. The folks at the factory are nice, they know what they're doing, and they road test with you in case any adjustments needed (none were).

I like the factory install idea. We can stop on our way to Illinois. :-)
Old 05-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #37

THOR #4103
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
One of the biggest threads with lots of mod photos is this one: Axis/Vegas mods...1,2,3,Go 11 pages of moddy goodness with pics
Awesome. I'll check them out.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #38

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:

Thanks. I occasionally see something new that's similar, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something better. I recently saw a floorplan with twin beds similar to 24.1 on a smaller motorhome without slide (I like Axis twin/king bedroom better), but once I researched it in more depth realized chassis is way too light. It can't tow much and cargo carrying capacity too limited for my needs.

The Reyo and Via are indeed very nice, but prefer not having a Mercedes or a diesel. About the only diesel I would seriously consider would be from Ford because of the number of dealers, but even then prefer gasoline.

Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:30 AM   #39
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Thanks. I occasionally see something new that's similar, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something better. I recently saw a floorplan with twin beds similar to 24.1 on a smaller motorhome without slide (I like Axis twin/king bedroom better), but once I researched it in more depth realized chassis is way too light. It can't tow much and cargo carrying capacity too limited for my needs.

The Reyo and Via are indeed very nice, but prefer not having a Mercedes or a diesel. About the only diesel I would seriously consider would be from Ford because of the number of dealers, but even then prefer gasoline.

Thanks again.
Googled Gas Motorhomes with twin beds...this is on RV Trader..

2017 WINNEBAGO TREND 23D NEW
2016 DYNAMAX CORP REV 24TB
2006 PHOENIX USA CRUISER 2551

so they are out there...they have slides up front...
we researched the Phoenix Cruiser before we bought our Axis...

So many options !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 05-19-2016, 01:34 AM   #40

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Googled Gas Motorhomes with twin beds...this is on RV Trader..

2017 WINNEBAGO TREND 23D NEW
2016 DYNAMAX CORP REV 24TB
2006 PHOENIX USA CRUISER 2551

so they are out there...they have slides up front...
we researched the Phoenix Cruiser before we bought our Axis...

So many options !
We considered those, but all were priced higher than Vegas, and came with sacrifices in space and living area. A corner bed was a deal breaker on any coach.