Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2019, 03:34 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #14841
anybody have an xg32 super-c ?

Not much info about the "new" xg32 super-c model since introduced - maybe that's good news because no "problems" ? Any real world experiences - pros and cons ?

Old 11-21-2019, 02:20 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Bumping your question up.

This model hasn't been out there that long, so there aren't many if any owners on this forum yet . There were some comments here when Delano was announced. Did you try the search feature?
Old 11-21-2019, 03:31 AM   #3

THOR #14841
Yes I tried the search with very little results - was hoping there would be some "good" feedback from a happy owner - we don't see a lot of positive comments in the forum, mostly negative issues or problems.

Will keep my fingers crossed that a "happy camper" will chime in !
Old 11-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Not much variation in the Super C's other than floor plans. Overall, I'm very pleased with the power and build quality of the MH on the F550 chassis. You can use the search tool and pull up "Super C". It will give you lots of opinions and background on the models. I think it's a great move to offer one a bit shorter than 35...38' overall length. If a 30 or 32 footer were available when I bought mine, I would probably have gone that route. 2nd bath and washer dryer closet adds 3 more feet. If they offered a 28' Super C with 4X4...it would take the market by storm.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:27 PM   #5

THOR #14841
Thanks Gritz - I have followed your comments on several threads and to say you are really impressed with the F550 chassis is an understatement. I have been looking for awhile and the super-c models are my preference. And now that the competition has come out with a super-c under 31 feet ( albeit just a couple of inches ) and 4x4 it makes a decision that much more difficult. Now it comes down to "brand" preference, reliability, service - all the usual gotchas. Surely there is an XG32 out there somewhere being used - hopefully someone will chime in about their experience.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Have you checked on IRV2?
Old 11-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #7

THOR #14841
No haven't gone anywhere else other than the Thor forum - figured if there were any comments or issues they would be posted on the "home" forum.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:28 AM   #8

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Not a fan of IRV2...seems nothing but a bunch of crabby old drunks.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:35 AM   #9

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Not a fan of IRV2...seems nothing but a bunch of crabby old drunks.

I'm not that old, but will assume the "crabby and drunk"
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #10

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I purchased a 2020 Magnitude SV34 4x4 back in October. It is a little longer than the XG32 and a slightly different floor plan but basically a very similar coach.

We have only been on two trips and it is winterized now but we love it and it is a huge improvement over our 2018 Outlaw 29H.... of course it costs twice as much so the quality and workmanship is better and the F-550 blows the E-series Class C's out of the water in every aspect.

I had to put $1500 in the suspension to get the Outlaw 29H to ride and handle properly. The F-550 is a dream to drive and I won't need to spend a dime on it. The handling and ride quality are superb. Having truck rated 19.5" tires is also a major bonus over the stock LT tires on the E-Series Class C's that are almost at their weight limits and weren't designed to carry a heavy load at all times.

The PowerStoke Diesel is amazing. Plenty of power and it rarely shifts when going up a grade or a hill. It is very quiet and you can have a normal conversation at highway speeds. At 60 - 65 MPH it is turning 2200 - 2300 RPM and I am getting over 10MPG if I keep at at 65 or less. There is plenty of power for towing as well.

I had a few issues but nothing I am considering too major at this point...

- The flexible hose for kitchen sink drain kept was pulling out of the grey tank connection point (fixed).

- The water line to the fridge ice maker was leaking (fixed).

- Wiring at the Battery Isolation Manager wiring was loose and the alternator was intermittently charing the house batteries (fixed).

- The Inverter is shutting off after an hour or two on the road without any warning or error messaged. We originally thought it was because the house batteries weren't charging properly when the engine was running. But it happened again when the house batteries were at 14V so Thor is sending me a new Inverter to swap out.

- MobilEye is operating erratically and issuing error messages (working with Thor Factory Service to get this fixed). Check this during your test drive. Thor told me that they have had discussions with MobilEye and they determine all of the installs of the camera / sensor at the fatcory needed to moved. They reinstalled mine but I am still having issues.

- The left turn signal camera will stop working intermittently (working with Thor Factory Service to get this fixed).

If you decide to go with the Omni or Magnitude, I think you will really like it that is the type of coach you are looking to purchase.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #11

THOR #14841
Thanks Judge for your comments - I have followed several of your previous threads. The F550 chassis and engine are primary reasons I am interested in the Magnitude - the XG32 seems to be better fitted for us "senior folks". And I am a little concerned about the "big" slides on the longer length floor plans - although I realize that "any unit anytime anywhere" can have problems. We are not new to RVing - pulled a 32-foot bunk house for several years when the grandsons were smaller but it's just the wife and me now so time to reconsider our approach to RVing. Thanks again !
Old 11-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #12

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I too was a little concerned about the size of the large slide on the SV34. It uses the Thor 3Trax system and it seems to work ok. I put the slide in several times before and during the PDI and it does not seem to labor when opening and closing. I think the one benefit is that it does not extend extremely far from the coach. I think the helps limit the twisting and torquing that can occur with any slide but especially the big ones.

I can say you can check the F-550 off your list of concerns and requirements as I think it is the perfect chassis for a small to mid-size Super C.

As you said... problems can rear their ugly head anytime, any place and with any (and every) coach..... so you never know. Good luck with your search and keep us posted!
Old 11-26-2019, 02:32 PM   #13

State: South Carolina
THOR #13982
2020 xg32

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperpapa View Post
Not much info about the "new" xg32 super-c model since introduced - maybe that's good news because no "problems" ? Any real world experiences - pros and cons ?
Hey camperpapa, I just got a notification Demartini RV in Cali. Just got 1 in. Long way from Bama I know. But you can check it out on their web site.
Enjoy
Ed K