Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #940
Freedom Elite 28H Bathroom Vanity Cabinet

I have a 2015 Freedom Elite 28H (same as Four Winds 28Z) which has a double vanity cabinet above the sink in the bathroom. The cabinet blocks about half of the sink and prevents me from getting over it when I perform my daily routine. This causes a bit of a mess and the wife gets upset. I would like to remove the double cabinet and install a single over the counter to the left of the sink, then install a flat panel mirror over the sink. Has anyone done this? Is there a cabinet available with the same depth and color?

Old 05-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #2

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
I have the same problem on the Outlaw 29h. The simple solution open the cabinet door and leave it open when you brush your teeth. That way you can get your head over the sink.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #3

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Oh I also discovered Thor being lazy and stupid ran the drain for the bathroom sink into the black water tank rather then the gray water. The dealer is correcting the problem under warranty
Old 05-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #4

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1537
The sink on the 28H is also drained to the black water tank. It was designed that way by Thor.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #5

THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZip View Post
I have the same problem on the Outlaw 29h. The simple solution open the cabinet door and leave it open when you brush your teeth. That way you can get your head over the sink.
I sent an email to Thor and there is a single medicine cabinet that is available but I have to order it through Camping World (closest service center). When I get it, I will remove the old and replace it with the single to the left and a mirror above the sink.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZip View Post
Oh I also discovered Thor being lazy and stupid ran the drain for the bathroom sink into the black water tank rather then the gray water. The dealer is correcting the problem under warranty
That's a feature, not someone being lazy and stupid. Other manufacturers are doing it also.

Most people fill their grey water tanks MUCH faster than their black tanks. This plumbing method is supposed to equalize the time when both tanks fill up under normal use.

Enjoy!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Actually there is a slight difference between a 28H and 28Z. They have the same floor plan, but the 28H has a different location for the TV (over the dinette), and two narrow windows in the dinette rather than one large one. More like the 29G (but without the bedroom slide).

You can't remove that cabinet because the AC/DC/distribution panel/converter is located in the bottom of that cabinet - at least it is on the 28Z. Well, of course anything is possible, but finding another location and re-cabling the panel would probably cost more in labor than a new 28H is worth.

The best bet is to cut the top off the cabinet and leave the base as a container for the converter. But I am not sure you would have enough room for doing your duty even if you did this.

Also the sink in the bathroom is a "poor man's" black tank flushing system. When you are at the dump station, simply turn on the water to the bathroom sink before dumping. After the first dump, close off the dump valve and let the faucet fill the black tank with clean water. Then at the appropriate time, dump the tank again.

This is perhaps not as effective as a spray nozzle rinse system, but it's better than nothing.

Obviously, practice good RV etiquette and don't do this when there are people waiting to use the dump station.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #8

THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
Actually there is a slight difference between a 28H and 28Z. They have the same floor plan, but the 28H has a different location for the TV (over the dinette), and two narrow windows in the dinette rather than one large one. More like the 29G (but without the bedroom slide).

You can't remove that cabinet because the AC/DC/distribution panel/converter is located in the bottom of that cabinet - at least it is on the 28Z. Well, of course anything is possible, but finding another location and re-cabling the panel would probably cost more in labor than a new 28H is worth.

The best bet is to cut the top off the cabinet and leave the base as a container for the converter. But I am not sure you would have enough room for doing your duty even if you did this.

Also the sink in the bathroom is a "poor man's" black tank flushing system. When you are at the dump station, simply turn on the water to the bathroom sink before dumping. After the first dump, close off the dump valve and let the faucet fill the black tank with clean water. Then at the appropriate time, dump the tank again.

This is perhaps not as effective as a spray nozzle rinse system, but it's better than nothing.

Obviously, practice good RV etiquette and don't do this when there are people waiting to use the dump station.
Thanks for the feedback but I am talking about the medicine cabinet above the sink. There is nothing inside it.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Oh, OK.