Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Pulled the trigger! 2016 Axis 25.2

After two years of searching for another rv we finally decided the Axis 25.2 was perfect for us. We're trading a 2004 25' class C for the Axis. Now we have a real bed, not to mention a bigger shower! No more pulling out the sleep sofa bed or climbing a ladder. We looked at many different travel trailers, motor homes, even considered hanging it all up. The latest go round involved new class A, models from Winnebago and Hurricane. Then we looked at the Axis again. We looked when they first came out but the model was too small in the living area. When we walked into the 25.2 we realized the size was perfect. We were never comfortable with the bigger class A models. Can't wait to pick it up next week and start working out what we hope are few and minor bugs from the production line. OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!

Old 08-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog View Post
After two years of searching for another rv we finally decided the Axis 25.2 was perfect for us. We're trading a 2004 25' class C for the Axis. Now we have a real bed, not to mention a bigger shower! No more pulling out the sleep sofa bed or climbing a ladder. We looked at many different travel trailers, motor homes, even considered hanging it all up. The latest go round involved new class A, models from Winnebago and Hurricane. Then we looked at the Axis again. We looked when they first came out but the model was too small in the living area. When we walked into the 25.2 we realized the size was perfect. We were never comfortable with the bigger class A models. Can't wait to pick it up next week and start working out what we hope are few and minor bugs from the production line. OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!
Congratulations and wishing you happy travels in your new Axis. Hope the PDI goes well also.

Think you should show a bit more excitement about your purchase though.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #3

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Congrats!! The wait is a Killer for sure. Enjoy
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and enjoy.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #5

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Enjoy your 25.2. I have the Vegas, only because I liked the vertical headlights. Hang around here and find out the fun stuff. Enjoy your travels.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: New Jersey
THOR #4954
Congratulations , very exciting
Old 08-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #7

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Quote:
Congratulations on your new purchase me and the wife love ours hopefully you won't have not one warranty issue:
Old 08-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats and enjoy!!!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #9
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Happy for you all !! WE LOVE OUR AXIS !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:40 PM   #10

State: California
THOR #6557
Congrats, I think you will be very satisfied. We have traveled about 600 miles, still getting acquainted. So far everything is working as expected. Love the instant hot water.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #11

THOR #3992
Quote:
Congratulations we have a 25-.2 ourselves me the wife a little puppy just love it. !!!
Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #12

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Congratulations!

Got a 2016 25.2 here also. One of the worst things is second guessing yourself as to if you made the right choice. But, every time I walk in and set down on the couch, I know I made the right choice.

We wanted a smaller RV for boondocking and just being able to stop somewhere and camp. But the class B's were TOO small, and most of the Class A's were too big. Even though the VEGAS/AXIS is about the same size as some of the Class Cs, the ability to have the driver and passenger seats being more of the coach and not just the cockpit made the difference (not to mention the good size shower)

And, the fact the 25.2 has the slide out the back makes for a really small footprint in the wild, a parking lot or a camp ground.

I am sure that you will be really satisfied with your 25.2, and don't be afraid to ask questions of fellow AXIS/VEGAS owners here on the forum

I am sure that
Old 04-02-2017, 01:07 AM   #13

State: Alabama
THOR #6446
Quote:
Great stuff. We are one month in to a two month journey in our 2016 25.2. the only issue we've had is somehow lost the programming on our night shade. ...Got it working though. Read the E450 owners manual! Some good tidbits in there. You are in the right place for sharing info.
Happy travels!
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:30 AM   #14

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Wonderdog, congrats on your new Axis. I picked up my 25.2 Axis yesterday and couldn't be happier, even though I have a great deal to learn!
Welcome to the group!
Old 04-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #15

THOR #4466
Update to Pulled the Trigger!

Our Axis 25.2 now has 3700 miles, has been in 5 states and spent 1 1/2 months at Camping World for warranty work. None kept the Axis from being used but needed to be done.
Warranty repairs - Floor laminate bubbled up. Repaired.
Drawer latch quit working - repaired.
Tank sensors would only read empty or full. They would read full after first use. Repaired after many discussions between camping world and Thor, according to Camping World.
Entry door latch coming loose from frame. Would not stay tight. CW said they lined it up and fixed it; came loose after a couple days. Put blue loctite on screws myself, no more problems.

The bed. Goodness gracious, the BED! I love the Denver mattress! That sucker is as firm and comfortable as can be. I look forward to sleeping on it every trip.
The couch. Oh my. I can lay down on it stretched out. I'm now 5'11" Age has an advantage after all. Used to be taller! Ha! Comfy.
We threw away the useless drop down bed mattress in the front and replaced it with memory foam and put the original mattress cover on it. Much better.
Bought a cd player for $30 at WalMart.
We use the table in front of couch on occasion, mostly for hobby work. The front table between the captain chairs is our go to dinner table. Wonderful.
No carpet except a little in the bedroom - wonderful!
Still haven't learned about the microwave convection settings, but plenty of time for that.
Gas mileage - depends on where I'm driving and how fast. Max speed usually is 60. Honda says not faster than 65 for our CR-V Towing our CR-V we get anywhere from 7mpg to 9mpg. Best ever was one tank 9.4mpg. Probably inaccurate. I quit checking it. It's reliable, capable and much quieter than the v-10 in our previous rv, a class c. We carry on conversation without raising our voices. Not possible in our old class c.
I did miss having a ladder to get on the roof for about 5 minutes. I have no reason to want to be on a roof. It's a long way down. Hire someone. I do have a telescopic ladder stored in the front compartment ledge over the two side doors. Perfect fit, hope I never need to use it.
We venture out once a month for 5-7 day short trips, often to the National Seashore in Mississippi, and hope to do the reverse snowbird thing and escape Florida's heat and humidity this August. Some cool nights would be nice without having to use A/C. Maybe Canada or Wyoming or Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Haven't decided yet. Good times!
Old 04-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #16

State: Alabama
THOR #6446
We're getting 9-11 mpg towing our Elantra this trip.
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #17

THOR #3992
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016vegas View Post
We're getting 9-11 mpg towing our Elantra this trip.
We pull a tow dolly behind ours with a Mitsubishi Spyder we also get the same mileage you do
Old 04-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #18

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations, hope you enjoy and have LOTS of FUN!!!
Old 06-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #19

State: California
THOR #19435
Mattress

If you still have this Motorhome can you tell me if the Denver mattress was able to fold with the back slide or just a regular mattress that would fold? We are wanting to replace a very big and bulky mattress we have and do not like the fold, mattress currently uneven.

Quote:
Our Axis 25.2 now has 3700 miles, has been in 5 states and spent 1 1/2 months at Camping World for warranty work. None kept the Axis from being used but needed to be done.

Warranty repairs - Floor laminate bubbled up. Repaired.
Drawer latch quit working - repaired.
Tank sensors would only read empty or full. They would read full after first use. Repaired after many discussions between camping world and Thor, according to Camping World.
Entry door latch coming loose from frame. Would not stay tight. CW said they lined it up and fixed it; came loose after a couple days. Put blue loctite on screws myself, no more problems.

The bed. Goodness gracious, the BED! I love the Denver mattress! That sucker is as firm and comfortable as can be. I look forward to sleeping on it every trip.
The couch. Oh my. I can lay down on it stretched out. I'm now 5'11" Age has an advantage after all. Used to be taller! Ha! Comfy.
We threw away the useless drop down bed mattress in the front and replaced it with memory foam and put the original mattress cover on it. Much better.
Bought a cd player for $30 at WalMart.
We use the table in front of couch on occasion, mostly for hobby work. The front table between the captain chairs is our go to dinner table. Wonderful.
No carpet except a little in the bedroom - wonderful!
Still haven't learned about the microwave convection settings, but plenty of time for that.
Gas mileage - depends on where I'm driving and how fast. Max speed usually is 60. Honda says not faster than 65 for our CR-V Towing our CR-V we get anywhere from 7mpg to 9mpg. Best ever was one tank 9.4mpg. Probably inaccurate. I quit checking it. It's reliable, capable and much quieter than the v-10 in our previous rv, a class c. We carry on conversation without raising our voices. Not possible in our old class c.
I did miss having a ladder to get on the roof for about 5 minutes. I have no reason to want to be on a roof. It's a long way down. Hire someone. I do have a telescopic ladder stored in the front compartment ledge over the two side doors. Perfect fit, hope I never need to use it.
We venture out once a month for 5-7 day short trips, often to the National Seashore in Mississippi, and hope to do the reverse snowbird thing and escape Florida's heat and humidity this August. Some cool nights would be nice without having to use A/C. Maybe Canada or Wyoming or Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Haven't decided yet. Good times!
Old 07-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #20

THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasteve View Post
If you still have this Motorhome can you tell me if the Denver mattress was able to fold with the back slide or just a regular mattress that would fold? We are wanting to replace a very big and bulky mattress we have and do not like the fold, mattress currently uneven.
Yes, we still have the 25.2. The original Denver folding mattress is still in service and we still like it. The Denver mattress is folded onto itself before closing the slide and after opening it. It is not a "regular" mattress as the fold section is a different thickness from the head of the mattress. However, when unfolded the mattress lies flat and is not uneven. I suppose the design of the mattress is custom for slides as the slide is on top of the bottom half (foot) of the bed. I suppose you could rig something and get a memory foam to put on the foot of the bed when the slide is out and use a regular mattress.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote