Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #12506
Question for Palazzo 33.3 owners

Hi,

I'm strongly considering a 33.3 and we want to go full time (for a year anyways). The main thing holding me back in the 33.3 is no washer and dryer.

My question is: What are the dimensions of the larger wardrobe closet on the passenger side front corner of the bedroom? There are no 33.3's near me to measure. In the photos it looks like you could possibly get a stackable set to fit in there. I'd be willing to pay for the retrofit if they would fit in that space. Thanks!!!

Old 09-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #2

THOR #12506
Anyone with a 33.3 that can respond? Please
Old 09-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
since it is not plumbed for a washer, or dryer, it’s a losing cause to try to ‘make’ it work...
though they now have a 33.5 that does...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:24 PM   #4

THOR #12506
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
since it is not plumbed for a washer, or dryer, it’s a losing cause to try to ‘make’ it work...
though they now have a 33.5 that does...
People in this forum and others have successfully added the plumbing. I’d like to know if the cabinet is big enough though.

If I can make this work then I don’t have to buy a new coach which will save tens of thousands of dollars.

Do you have one you can measure for me please?
Old 09-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #5

THOR #4735
what people?

and how are you going to add plumbing in a slide?

it’s a fine idea, but that’s why they designed the new model, there’s more engineering to it than you might think...
Old 09-16-2018, 07:55 PM   #6

THOR #12506
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
what people?

and how are you going to add plumbing in a slide?

it’s a fine idea, but that’s why they designed the new model, there’s more engineering to it than you might think...
I don’t know if it can be added in THAT slide but the local shop I plan to use said it’s possible to add in a slide.

The new 33.5 washer dryer resides in the slide FYI.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #7

THOR #4735
correct, the new design is for the washer/dryer in the bedroom closet, in THAT slide(the main slide), which is already plumbing for water and drain and electrical for the kitchen area, which requires the already existing 'slide plumbing' - the connections could be run from the existing incoming water lines, under/behind and thru the bottom bunk, back into the rear closet...

but, for the w/d to be in the opposite slide/closet, you would have to have all NEW water, drain, and provide an electrical circuit to it - not impossible, but certainly not the 'easy' accomplishment that someone might at first believe.
First, WhERE would the incoming hot and cold water lines come from? They would possibly have to t-off of the existing bathroom facilities, but 'how' would they come into the slide/closet? Underneath, exposed to the element thru the chassis? From behind the shower? Not an easy decision.
Next, how would these water and drain lines 'move' with the slide as it moves in/out?
Third, would the additional weight of the appliance impact the ability of the slide to move?

I'm like you, probably one of those that don't adhere to what folks normally say can/can't be done, but after living in a 33.3 for over 3 years, and over 85,000 miles of travel... I can tell you, with certainty, that no 'shop' is going to be able to do this, or to your/wife's satisfaction... if possible at all.

And, no, I've never heard of and don't know any Palazzo 33.3 owners that have ever done this... if you know of someone, then contact them. Just 'hearing' people talk about what they've done does not always translate from one coach to another, they are all designed and built differently. I wish it was easier than this, but it's not.

I don't imagine that THOR skipped out on offering this as an option, since plumbing the bedroom slide was as easy as it might seem, they would know some customers might want to use that closet for it - but I imagine their design team decided that it's not the case. The main slide closet is a perfect place for it, but not the bedroom slide.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #8

THOR #4735
also, per Thor's 2019 website, it looks like the 33.5 is replacing the 33.3 model, since they are basically both identical, except now with the w/d in the main slide bedroom closet