Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Road Trip Report

My wife and I just finished a run up to O'Bannon State Park in southern Indiana and I thought I might report that it is a absolutely beautiful and quite large SP, situated along the Ohio river with lots of trails for hiking and horseback riding.

Our Thor 31F Four Winds E450 ran flawlessly, towing our Ford Focus through the mountains, on small rolling two lane roads, and at 65-70 on the Interstates. Temps dropped into the low 30s at night but everything worked well and we stayed warm. Campsites have electricity but no water or sewer hook up. Comfort stations are well placed as are the water spigots for filling up fresh water tank.

John & Gail
Athens, GA

Old 11-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Starve Hallow

Just north of O'Bannon is Starve Hallow, a very beautiful Indiana state recreational area. Starve Hallow has full service sites. I urge you to visit there. I'll have my Axis at Starve Hallow a few times next summer.

Phil
Old 11-05-2014, 01:38 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Just north of O'Bannon is Starve Hallow, a very beautiful Indiana state recreational area. Starve Hallow has full service sites. I urge you to visit there. I'll have my Axis at Starve Hallow a few times next summer.

Phil
Thanks for the tip. I've motorcycle camped at Brown County SP and went there as a kid many years ago. I think all of southern Indiana is beautiful. A ride down I-64 shows some of that beauty, but you've got to get off the interstate to really see what is there.