Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Florida
THOR #5240
Rapid Camp in 2015 Miramar

Where is the rapid camp receiver in a 2015 Miramar 33.5?

Should the leveling be an option to operate from the rapid camp?

Looks like at some point the dealer replaced the receiver (left old one in the motorhome) but I am wondering if they forgot to program the leveling as an option. I want to take a look and see if it is connected and I can then add the function to the remote.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 AM   #2

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
Where is the rapid camp receiver in a 2015 Miramar 33.5?

Should the leveling be an option to operate from the rapid camp?

Looks like at some point the dealer replaced the receiver (left old one in the motorhome) but I am wondering if they forgot to program the leveling as an option. I want to take a look and see if it is connected and I can then add the function to the remote.
Yes, I would imagine it should be an option. When I got my new RV (17' Challenger), it was a detail left out at the factory and I did not have it on my remote either. I worked with the Thor service and they sent me documentation on programming the remote. I have an email with the instructions in PDF format. I attached what they sent me. It is straight forward. I am assuming here that you have the auto levelers installed with the control panel. Now these are to program the lippert levelers. I have also attached the documentation for syncing the remote to the wireless receiver if you ever need to, but for just adding the levelers to the remote, it is not needed.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sync remote to reciever for leveling only.pdf (209.8 KB, 168 views)
File Type: pdf LCI Remote Control.pdf (1.65 MB, 406 views)
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Florida
THOR #5240
Thanks
Old 10-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #4

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Same issue with our 2016 Miramar 34.4; need to include Leveler for my remote controller. Where did you physically locate the multi-function board?

Thanks,

Ken
Old 10-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
When I got my Hurricane I first thought the Rapid Camp was going to be a great feature. But I found it was only helpful to open the slide. I don't see a need to use it for the levelers, awning, lights or gen.

After parking I use it when opening the slide to make sure it won't hit anything

The remote control sits in the cabinet next to all the switches so I don't see a need to carry the remote with me. Just my opinion.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #6

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Rapid Camp Caution!! I found out where our receiver is located the hard way after slides and awnings would not work in our 2015 Challenger 37TB. After a call to Thor support and 3 hours of crawling around in the nooks and crannies, I finally took the inner wall in our master bed well underneath the mattress Low and behold I found the multi-function board and relay for the Rapid Camp system. You can read the trials and tribulations I enjoyed in my post http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...king-5353.html.

Not only does the Rapid Camp system add remote control; it also adds the safety feature of locking out the overhead bunk, awning use and slides with the motor switch key turned on. That is what the purpose of the relay just before the multi-function board. If the relay is fried - the aforementioned will not operate.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #7

State: South Carolina
THOR #13094
So, just to make sure I understand correctly, If I can find the module, my Jacks should be a function of the system and just needs the remote programmed for it? Because when I need to put boards under the jacks, the remote would be helpful so I could put them down from outside. Other than the jacks and being able to see the slide extend if it is a tight spot, I really can't see using it.