Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
ACE 29.3 "Conversation Mirror"

We recently took our new ACE 29.3 out on her first road trip. One of the things I noted was the "conversation mirror" is worthless to me. I can only see the slide and tv when I look into it while driving. In my opinion, this extra is worthless and I really wonder why they put it in. What do you think?

Old 05-19-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Where is the mirror? (I see it listed as a feature on all ACE models--it isn't on the Axis/Vegas units so I'm not sure what it is.)

Our 24.1 does have a mirror to the rear of the slide which is partially covered when the slide is in. I think its more for decoration (and to make the coach look bigger than it is) than it is for any practical purpose.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #3

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Where is the mirror? (I see it listed as a feature on all ACE models--it isn't on the Axis/Vegas units so I'm not sure what it is.)

Our 24.1 does have a mirror to the rear of the slide which is partially covered when the slide is in. I think its more for decoration (and to make the coach look bigger than it is) than it is for any practical purpose.
The mirror is a large mirror directly over the driver....worthless in my opinion.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:05 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Mirror

We Axis/Vegas owners do not have it but I would like it so I could see the dog in her pen sitting on the bed. Letting the driver see everything going on in the unit is a good idea.

Phil
Old 05-20-2016, 04:02 AM   #5

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
We Axis/Vegas owners do not have it but I would like it so I could see the dog in her pen sitting on the bed. Letting the driver see everything going on in the unit is a good idea.

Phil
I agree it would be a great idea, but you cannot see anything or anyone except what is mounted high. In the case of our ACE, that would be the TV which is mounted high on the wall and the top of the slide behind the driver. Useless. A waste of money as far as I am concerned.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I take it, then, there is no way to adjust the angle? (Like you would a rear-view mirror in a car?)

If they didn't put that in, then yes its a useless feature. You'd think they would have thought that a mirror for the driver must be adjustable since there will be different height people driving...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #7

Model: ACE
State: Louisiana
THOR #4309
We just bought the 2017 ACE 29.3 and I agree. It can't be tilted so all it does is encourage the driver to watch tv while driving! No conversations unless you are 7-8 feet tall looking in the mirror.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #8

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
my class c came with the Ford mid-windshield review mirror
....which is pointless
but I guess I do it somewhat as a conversation mirror
it has a very limited field of view.... and the MH is so blasted loud that i can't really converse.....
but I do steal away a peak now and then to see what my kids are up to at the dining table
Old 05-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #9

THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I take it, then, there is no way to adjust the angle? (Like you would a rear-view mirror in a car?)

If they didn't put that in, then yes its a useless feature. You'd think they would have thought that a mirror for the driver must be adjustable since there will be different height people driving...
You certainly would think they would be smart enough to make it adjustable, but no, it appears that it is an afterthought. On one of their videos they say you can see people behind you etc. but I can't. I am 5-8 so maybe if I was say 6-5 maybe it would be helpful. As I said, it is a total waste of money and space the way it is set up in my unit. Perhaps they could have spent the money on better quality control?

Old 05-22-2016, 02:41 AM   #10

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Oregon
THOR #2824
Talking

I have a 29.4 and my mirror is in the same place, above the driver, and attached to the under side of the drop down bed. I find that if I have someone stand by the electric control and move the bed slightly, that moves the mirror and I can see all the way to and through the back window. Problem with that tho, the back window isn't centered in the middle of the coach - off to one side, but I can see half a car behind me! Just don't lower the bed so that the magnets aren't touching the metal support.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #11

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3487
Mirror

We have an 29.2 with the "conversation mirror'. I put spacer behind it to tilt it down so i could see my dogs easily while motoring down the road.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:27 AM   #12

THOR #4032
Conversation mirror - yup - it does seem to work --yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappydude View Post
I have a 29.4 and my mirror is in the same place, above the driver, and attached to the under side of the drop down bed. I find that if I have someone stand by the electric control and move the bed slightly, that moves the mirror and I can see all the way to and through the back window. Problem with that tho, the back window isn't centered in the middle of the coach - off to one side, but I can see half a car behind me! Just don't lower the bed so that the magnets aren't touching the metal support.
I just "bumped" the electric drop down bunk slightly and now I can see much more behind me. Thanks for the information.