Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2020, 03:39 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #17806
Remove the fold down couch to replace with recliners?

Can someone tell me what I will run into trying to remove the couch from a 2013 thor Chateau and replace it with a couple of Thomas Payne glider/swivel recliners? I am not sure what is involved in removing the couch.

The couch is not the slide out side - though I would rather replace the dinette (on the slide out) with recliners, but I don't think there is enough room to do so.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:01 PM   #2

State: Virginia
THOR #13629
We want to replace our fingers with theatre seat recliners. But SWMBO wants the seatbelts. I'm told the manufacturer has to do it. Hope not...
Old 01-26-2020, 07:05 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I didn't have the same model as you but similar....

I replaced the jack-knife sofa in our 2018 Outlaw 29H. You may want to check to see that the recliners you purchase are modular so you can get them through the door in pieces and then assemble them inside the coach.

I purchased the RecPro Charles series and they were good quality and they were modular so they could fit through the door without an issue.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-recliners/

They come in many different sizes and styles so you just need do some measuring and figure out which ones work best for you.

Our JackKnife sofa came apart in pieces and it was able to for through the door as well.