Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Our hot water control panel is in the bathroom. Easy to set to 104 for me and 108 for DW.

1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:33 AM   #62

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I'm sorry: I guess that I misunderstood what you were saying here...

Not your fault, I missed a coma there
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:35 AM   #63

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
Our hot water control panel is in the bathroom. Easy to set to 104 for me and 108 for DW.

There's an oops on Thor's part in mine. The control panel is in the half-bath instead of the main bathroom, which is just dumb.
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:18 AM   #64

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Totally dumb.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #65

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Why not just install this......

https://aquaviewinc.com/rv/

First.... If you dry camp a lot, it will do a better job of conserving your fresh water and reduce the filling of your gray tank.

I do think this might be a better solution for you and a lot less money.
I think you're right about this system for someone concerned about saving water. It would be a pretty straight forward installation & solution. On my particular coach I would have to try to do the installation thru the opening for the faucets inside the stall. The ws31 has the shower plumbing on an exterior wall. I believe it could be done though. Oh, and my hot water tank is right under the kitchen faucet, so that's a non issue.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:10 PM   #66

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
24.1 Girard water heater

While considering replacing the original showerhead in our 2018 Axis 24.1, which I’m reading may not help, I am revisiting remedies for the inconsistent water temperature of the Girard water heater. Remedies so far have been to keep the pressure regulator set on about 53PSI (wouldn’t help if the incoming pressure is lower than that?), keep the water pump on, set the water temperature to about 105°, have no cold water faucets open... I think that’s everything. I don’t want to change to a traditional water heater. Has anyone installed a stick-on heating pad for the freshwater tank? I do see a great 2019 online video...we don’t boondock and do drink bottled water (pretty sure I should be apologizing for something here), so don’t know of a downside of turning on a tank heater to pre-warm the freshwater tank to minimize both the shock of cold shower water and the amount of water wasted while waiting. Apologies in advance if I have missed other forum convo.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:53 PM   #67

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarshore View Post
While considering replacing the original showerhead in our 2018 Axis 24.1, which I’m reading may not help, I am revisiting remedies for the inconsistent water temperature of the Girard water heater. Remedies so far have been to keep the pressure regulator set on about 53PSI (wouldn’t help if the incoming pressure is lower than that?), keep the water pump on, set the water temperature to about 105°, have no cold water faucets open... I think that’s everything. I don’t want to change to a traditional water heater. Has anyone installed a stick-on heating pad for the freshwater tank? I do see a great 2019 online video...we don’t boondock and do drink bottled water (pretty sure I should be apologizing for something here), so don’t know of a downside of turning on a tank heater to pre-warm the freshwater tank to minimize both the shock of cold shower water and the amount of water wasted while waiting. Apologies in advance if I have missed other forum convo.
Sugarshore...
- For showers, set temp to 110 and use hot only
- For kitchen dishes, set temp to 120 and use hot only into a dish pan inside the sink for hot soapy suds

I am very very satisfied with my propane Tankless Hot water heater.
That is, I can go out to my Vegas right now in 40 degree weather, turn on the hot faucet, and after about 40oz of cold, I'll get 110 degree hot.

Here's a photo of how much water came out before it was warm enough to start showering. 1/3 of a gallon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (1).jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	28351  
Old 01-31-2021, 07:24 PM   #68

Model: Citation 24ST
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7565
Hi, we just replaced our tankless with a regular tank this winter. I'm sure we're going to much happier. We're like you and rarely have full hookup which is what you need with a tankless other wise you use to much water waiting for it to get hot and that extra water is filling up the grey tank. We had a regular tank on our last MH and it worked just fine.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:33 PM   #69

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The 18 to 40 oz of cold water pours directly into the toilet for a flush.
The tank systems have cold water in the line just like any house without a recurculating pump.
When you use cold water to fill the toilet that sits 14 inches away I can't see a savings of time or water.

To REALLY save water get a 20gpd reverse osmosis system and make a closed loop gray water system. 0ppm, so there's no excuse about cooties or ookie or smell.

Those TRULY serious also collect the water from their ac condenser. 8 to 20 gallons a day.

Those RADICALLY inclined add a composting toilet.

Everything else is a half step.
If you're serious, you're serious.

I'll buy a removed tankless if someone has one.
I'll use it with my pressure washer in the barn.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote