Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2017, 12:08 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
Replacement drivers window screen

Folks, anyone know where to get an aftermarket window screen replacement? When I purchased my used RV I didn't realize I was missing the drivers side window screen. I talked to a dealer and they went to Thor and want $125. That seems a bit eccentric to me since not a whole lot there. Thx, Dennis.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:12 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If it's a square screen then a glass/screen repair shop should be able to build you one. We had a screen damaged in a bad storm, took what was left to a shop and they made a new one in about 30 min.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #3
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Replacing sceen is easy... many hardware stores can do it... But from 'missing' - I'm guessing Budman doesn't have the frame - and that might make it a little challenging...
I'd take out the passenger one - and see if a local hw store (Ace, etc) can match it. Certainly doesn't seem worth $125...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:26 AM   #4

Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
GMC, you are exactly right. Screen is gone. I have the passenger side screen as an example but everywhere I go I say radius corner/RV screen and they pretty much throw me out!!!!
From what I see the framework is thinner than house screens. As in a 1/4" thick instead of 5/16".
I see a few suggestions on the net but so far no good. I can get all the parts to build one but it also seems pricy compared to finding one. Especially if I screw a piece up. I even tried about 5 RV savage yards hoping to find one.
I'll keep trying but if anyone knows of something pls let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:24 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31K
THOR #3520
Last week I ordered parts to build a new screen from scratch. Largish side window screen about
two foot high and 2 1/2 foot long. Everything except the actual screen mesh came to almost $63 dollars. This was from Pelland Enterprises. They have a web site.
Last year while we were parked for months I used duct tape to put fiberglass screen mesh over the window. After spending about five hours cleaning up the baked on duct tape, I was glad to spend the money.
Parts should be here this week. Somehow I'm guessing that I'll not spend more time building the screen than the duct tape cleanup took.
Chuck Peck in CasaLoca
Old 01-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #6

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
I took both of my screens out, I will be very careful to store them in a safe place, and especially in a place I can remember to find them.

The screens cut my vision and slowed the defrosting of the windows. If bugs are coming in, these windows will be closed. If it is too hot then the AC will be on.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 29D
THOR #5756
Take a look at this site
Used RV Parts Repair and Accessories RV Salvage Parts | Visone RV | Motorhomes And Repairable Wrecks | Used RV Parts Monaco RV Parts | Prevost RV Parts | Holiday Rambler Parts | Alfa Visone RV Junk Yard - RV Dismantler | visonerv.com

You can browse through the motorhome wrecks they have there, and if you find something you like, you can shoot an email to this lady, and ask her for the price.
Ashley Driggers

vrvparts@gmail.com

I got several parts from them for a reasonable price (you can try to deal a little with her, it worked for me)
Old 01-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #8

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Pay the $125

You are a winner sir! You have managed to need an RV Widget! You know one of the little things that there is virtually no demand for so when you need it the price is stupid. After reading the whole thread I'm convinced you should pay the $125 rather than spend anymore of your time trying to find something your not going to find. Lets assume you earn, have earned or are worth at least $25.00 per hour. My guess is you could have already bought it with the time you have invested in looking for it. I know its not the money but the principal, I get it. $125 is a really stupidly high price for the screen and frame. You might be able to offset it in your head by ebaying or selling away something you don't want or need to kind of reduce the cost. Sounds silly I know but sometimes it makes me feel better. Good luck my friend.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #9

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Hudsoner,

That website reminds me of the old school drivers-ed course scare videos.