Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2019, 07:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35M
State: Arizona
THOR #5283
Getting Park Cable to work

Hi,

New to a lot of this. I have a 2017 Windsport 35M and I can't receive cable input when connected at a park. I know about the switch on the coax plate above the micro but all I get is an extremely fuzzy pic and static with muffled audio. I noticed in the manual, that I don't have the same setup . I see a dvd player attached to a "Monopiece" (I think) switch, but I see no place saying it receives coax input from outside. Is there another place to look?

Thanks for any help!

Randy

Old 05-04-2019, 09:25 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
It's been awhile since I used park cable, but the park should have instructions on how to set your TV up for the provider they use which may be the issue, or it could be a bad pedestal connection.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
welcome to the Forum, and don't hesitate to ask the park folks about how to get it working right.
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:16 PM   #4

THOR #5283
Thanks for the input. I have run the coax from the post through the window directly to the tv and it works fine. The issue is only when I run it to the outside connection.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:36 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That sounds like a piece of damaged wiring.
Is your rig still under warranty?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:58 PM   #6

THOR #5283
Thanks, no warranty, so I hate to take it in as they will charge me to death looking for the issue.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
did you turn your booster off, and rescan your tv channels under the 'cable' input?
Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 PM   #8

Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
Just a shot in the dark here. Many coaches with two TV's have a Distribution Center Control box. It is usually in the same cabinet as the DVD. It permits the users to view both TV's at the same time, but from different sources. For example, the main TV could be on cable at the same time the bedroom TV is on DVD. The signals from the park cable, the over-the-air antenna, and the DVD all connect in the rear of the Control Box. Connections to both TV's also are plugged into the Box. The push buttons on the front of the Control center Box need to be configured to enable the signals to be sources to the proper TV. Most of these boxes have an addition channel available for an Auxiliary device or Satellite connection. Let us know if you find anything similar.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #9

THOR #5283
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
did you turn your booster off, and rescan your tv channels under the 'cable' input?
Yes I did. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2019, 12:27 AM   #10

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Do you know if your over the air antenna and booster works? If so that would also eliminate any issue from the switch to the TVs (including any signal splitters, behind the panel or not) and limit it strickly to the single cable run fron the outside to the switch.
Since you know it's good direct to the pedestal, I would remove the powered switch plate and look at the cable from the outside to the switch and see if the connector is good and/or connected. Then, if you have a barrel connector, try bypassing the switch and running it directly to a TV.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:00 AM   #11

THOR #5283
Yes the antenna works fine. That's a good idea I will try it tomorrow and see what I get. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2019, 01:05 AM   #12

THOR #5283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
Just a shot in the dark here. Many coaches with two TV's have a Distribution Center Control box. It is usually in the same cabinet as the DVD. It permits the users to view both TV's at the same time, but from different sources. For example, the main TV could be on cable at the same time the bedroom TV is on DVD. The signals from the park cable, the over-the-air antenna, and the DVD all connect in the rear of the Control Box. Connections to both TV's also are plugged into the Box. The push buttons on the front of the Control center Box need to be configured to enable the signals to be sources to the proper TV. Most of these boxes have an addition channel available for an Auxiliary device or Satellite connection. Let us know if you find anything similar.
Yeah that seems to be an issue with this rig. The switch box only has an input from the DVD there is literally no other input to it. This has me baffled as I can't figure out how the antenna is even working. There is a coax outlet on the switch but nothing is connected to it.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:10 AM   #13

THOR #5283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
Yeah that's what I don't understand. The control box has only one inbound feed and that is from the DVD player. I can't figure out how the antenna is even working at this point. The cable/antenna switch on the wall has a coax outlet but nothing attached to it?!
Old 05-05-2019, 01:26 AM   #14

THOR #5283
Thanks everyone for your help! Turns out it was a loose inbound coax behind the antenna/coax switch.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:51 AM   #15

THOR #8144
One other thing to check is whether they have the Antenna/Cable connected to the RF input of the DVD player. If so, then the Antenna or Cable outputs would be connected through the DVD and the Switch Box would have to be set to DVD to get any signal to your TV. Also, the DVD would have to be set for Antenna or it would have to be in the Off position, or completely unplugged.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:03 AM   #16

THOR #8144
Glad you found your problem. Thanks for giving us an opportunity to exercise our fishing skills!

Tags
entertainment, park coax, switch, windsport 35m