Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
Roadmaster Steering Stableizer ???

I have a 2016 Axis 25.2 and am wanting to install the Roadmaster steering stabilizer. I have checked out U Tube and it looks easy enough to install but none of the videos explained how to make sure the front wheels are straight while installing the stabilizer. I would think that would be an important step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

Old 06-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
When I put mine on, I drove to edge of tarmac with wheels sraight. Had nose overhanging swale (drop off)) and installed without jacking up. Set clamp in neutral position and it was fine without readjustment. Took little time overall.

Be cautious of orientation to lower radiator hose. I read somewhere that it rubbed on a unit and hit lower hose. After finish I had wife move steering while I watched, no issues. I also check mounting bolts every oil change. Been on almost 3 years and still looks fine.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrooney View Post
I have a 2016 Axis 25.2 and am wanting to install the Roadmaster steering stabilizer. I have checked out U Tube and it looks easy enough to install but none of the videos explained how to make sure the front wheels are straight while installing the stabilizer. I would think that would be an important step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

I’ve done three installs now(Safe T Steer on my class C and Roadmaster on my A and transferred it to my second A). Just try to park for the install going in a straight line. If it’s not perfect it’ll pull to one side after the install. If that’s the case just bring your wrench on a test drive and move the U- lots on the tie rod as needed until it tracks straight. On my second install no adjustment was necessary. My first took 3 try’s and my last only 2. It’s an easy 5 minute process in a parking lot with 4 of them being spent crawling underneath!
Old 06-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #4

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Colorado
THOR #15515
Thanks. I will give it a go.