Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Sounds like fun.
That was the first laugh(?). Later on in the week we were at a crowded restarant / bar and set down on our stools to eat. Ok, a big guy, not particullarly well dressed, set down next to us on the stools and put his back pack on the table. Then he unzipped his pack and slowly reached into it. He looked right, left, then right again and ever so slowly pulled out .............. a banana. Kinda wished my glass of tea was from Long Island. You know?

Old 10-17-2018, 05:09 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Jamie...ATL comes up in February...I have 4 long standing tickets in the upgraded Winner's Circle seating with all the perks. We only use 2 of them. I also have 2 campsites every year back to back...gives us plenty of room. Another party which happens to be on the same race weekend. We take camper over the Saturday before race weekend and party back and forth for days. No hookups but everybody uses generators (not needed much in February) and the track has a water service truck and a mobile pump out unit. My two sites are right next to fence...steps from the track.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:13 AM   #43

Brand: Dutchmen
State: Illinois
THOR #13214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
We’ve been there and done things we thought made us look idiotic but it’s just a learning trend.

I paid $399 for a Dish Playmaker antennae (waaay too much, I know now) after my tailgater got damaged. 3 days later I used a hose and rinsed leaves and trash off the bottom after a rain. Come to find out the bottom has holes in it and not at all weather proof. Yep, I toasted it. Not covered by warranty. Bought another one just like it (with tripod) from Amazon (free 2 day shipping to campground) for $248. Tripod $71.

Live and learn don’t we?
Good to know,, I will not use the hose on it,, figured it was all tightly sealed,, thank you for your post