Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2019, 06:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #4825
Faux leather peeling off furniture in Class A

Has anyone had this to happen in their motorhome? Our captain chairs in front and sofa has started peeling at the arms, seats and skirts at the bottom of captains chairs. We have encountered many people on the road that the same things has happen whether a high end motorhome or lower price. We thought it might be our two puppies but that is not the case. I have tried to located slipcovers for captain's chairs but do not like the ones I have found. Anyone have good luck in this area? Thanks for information you might have.

PS: I tried searching the forum to see if this has been discussed and couldn't find anything unless I used the wrong wording.

Connie, Indiana
2015 Vegas 24.1

Old 07-14-2019, 06:53 PM   #2

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Our sob (the one Waren owns) class A sent us replacements, installation would have been on us.
We gave them to the dealer when we traded for the citation. Dealer was said it saved him $$.

The Citation chairs look BAD!
Looking at Katzkin or Fia on CARiD, will do a self install.
The rest of the seating surfaces still look good???
Old 07-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #3

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Search the forum for "pleather".

Thor Forums - Search Results
Old 07-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #4

State: Indiana
THOR #4825
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #5
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
Has anyone had this to happen in their motorhome? Our captain chairs in front and sofa has started peeling at the arms, seats and skirts at the bottom of captains chairs. We have encountered many people on the road that the same things has happen whether a high end motorhome or lower price. We thought it might be our two puppies but that is not the case. I have tried to located slipcovers for captain's chairs but do not like the ones I have found. Anyone have good luck in this area? Thanks for information you might have.

PS: I tried searching the forum to see if this has been discussed and couldn't find anything unless I used the wrong wording.

Connie, Indiana

2015 Vegas 24.1

Yes... captains chairs, crunch, dinette are all flaking away... Most notably places that have normal contact with skin/sweat.
Apparently the faux leather used circa 2014/2015 at least is not wearing well... Unfortunately not many good (or cheap) solutions...
I see ripping out/replacing in my future...

Did bring this up with Thor rep at one of our rally’s... They are aware, but of course long out of warranty...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:01 AM   #6

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Bonded leather does the same especially sensitive to oils and perspiration

Top grain leather is the only way to get long service life we have found and have that in all home furniture

I actually don't know for sure what type leather is in the Tuscany however it looks like new going on 4 years
Old 07-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #7

State: Arkansas
THOR #4535
Have a 2014 Hurricane 32A and is doing the same thing. Called Thor and of course it is out of warranty.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:02 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
The jackknife sofa in our 2016 Vegas just started to peel. So far the captains chairs are intact. Haven't figured out a solution yet, as it is only going to get worse.

We had similar delamination of the captains chairs in our previous Class A. The consignment shop (Swap Shop in Summerfield, FL) that had it left the front curtain open and it fried the seats.

Found out that Flexsteel didn't offer skins for their seats, so ended up having them reupholstered. Not too long after that we traded it for our Vegas.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 AM   #9

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #13067
We bought that type (material) of couch for our home in in 2013. Needless to say, I now have a new couch in my home.
BYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote