Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arizona
THOR #6311
Slide out lubrication on 2017 Vegas 25.2

I haven't found any threads on this subject so hope I'm not whipping a dead horse here.

I viewed the how to lubricate video on U-Tube covering the Lippert slide system and can't see how you can get into the inside to lube it.

The drive can't be reached through the gasket inside as you have to either reach all the way down the side of slide out if it's out or behind the inside flange if it's in. Possibly you could reach around the flange if the slide was not quite in but they say not to stop the slide before it reaches the end of travel. Lubing the outside of the drive was easy you can do the lower rail from the ground and the upper from a fairly short ladder.

I'd appreciate it if anyone who's done it would give me the secret.

Thanks, aa0ri

Old 04-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Texas
THOR #6962
Hey there aa0ri,

I had just looked up this same topic and found this post earlier today. Likely the same video that you saw but further down the thread one of our members contacted Lippert via email and they confirmed that lubricating from the outside only was adequate if you couldn't access from inside the coach. I hope this helps! http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...tion-4561.html

Charlie
Old 04-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #3

THOR #6311

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccharliejr View Post
Hey there aa0ri,

I had just looked up this same topic and found this post earlier today. Likely the same video that you saw but further down the thread one of our members contacted Lippert via email and they confirmed that lubricating from the outside only was adequate if you couldn't access from inside the coach. I hope this helps! http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...tion-4561.html

Charlie
Thanks all for your help. I missed that in the video but hoped it was good enough. I couldn't believe how quickly you all answered the post.

I used the CRC product mentioned in the video, supposed to be good stuff.

aa0ri
Old 04-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #4

THOR #6311

Thanks so much for the prompt help. I guess I missed the bit about the outside only being good enough when I saw the video.

aa0ri
Old 04-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If you bend the straw like shown in the video you will pretty much get the entire mechanism, I shoot a couple of extra times to makes sure, doesn't hurt anything.

Tags
slide out servce, vegas 25.2