Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum PD 31
State: Minnesota
THOR #13244
Angry Slide trim loose

I have a Quantum PD 31 and the outside trim around my slide has broken loose. It appears that the sealer that holds it to the outside wall is failing and allowing the trim to pull away. Has anyone had this issue and if so what did the you do to fix it?

Old 06-02-2019, 01:45 AM   #2

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
I have a 31Z Hurricane that had slides that were leaking. Called Thor they asked for pictures and then sent me a lot of rubber trim to correct the issue. You may want to call Thor and let them see what your issue is.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #3

State: Virginia
THOR #7506
Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie1108 View Post
I have a Quantum PD 31 and the outside trim around my slide has broken loose. It appears that the sealer that holds it to the outside wall is failing and allowing the trim to pull away. Has anyone had this issue and if so what did the you do to fix it?
We had the same problem with our 2018 PD31, was still under warranty so dealer fixed. On the back underside of the trim there was 11 screws missing! Added screws and resealed trim....quality control hard at work at the factory!!!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #4

THOR #13244
Tanks for the response waiting on the dealer answer if its covered by warranty. I checked and all the screws are there its just the sealer that's bad. The issue I have is that the sealer appears to be totally degraded and if this happens only one year in not sure what else is going to pop up. I am planning on calling customer service to see if they can do anything. Thanks for the response.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #5

Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
In 2015 and maybe still, Thor was using zinc coated screws to hold the aluminum trim across the bottom of the slide. Apparently zinc, aluminum and water don’t mix well. The screws corroded and heads were popping off allowing the trim to come loose. My solution was to replace all of the screws on the trim with stainless steel screws from Amazon (drilling new holes next to screws that couldn’t be removed).
Old 06-08-2019, 01:21 AM   #6

THOR #13244
I rechecked the attachment screws and the heads were broke off. It looks like it happened awhile ago because the brken section was fully covered with rust. Thanks for the response.