Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2017, 12:29 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6675
Still going out and sitting in coaches.

I think I finally got it through my thick head how this Dream Dinette system works. The only thing standard on a Dream Dinette is the width of the table. The width of the booth seats can vary. So if you're tall like us, some coaches have "shorty" bench seats and that means not only will the converta bed be too short, but the dinette bench seats will not be comfortable to sit in.

It took me too long to figure that out. The floorplans often don't tell the total length and unless you get someone to measure the thing, you might drive an hour each way for nothing. Yeah, I just did that.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:27 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Floor plans don't tell a lot. I am 5'10" and just spent the first night in our new 23TR with the "queen" bed. my feet hung off about 4 inches.I will have to find a narrow pillow that allows my head to be right up to the head board. Not compaining, the bed itself is comfortable. Just little concessions we have to make when we choose the mobile world I guess.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:37 AM   #3

THOR #6675
Oh my. I thought a queen was 60x80.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:43 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
The "queen" bed in our new Class C is definitely shorter than the "queen" that was in the Cougar 5th Wheel we just sold. The only thing standard is the terminology... not the actual dimensions.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
The RV queen is 60x75". I know as I have one. Finally found a place in India that makes striped, gray cotton sheets that fit the Denver mattress.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #6
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
We HAD a toyhauler...with dinette...another thing you want to diligently watch when checking our dinettes...is the cushion quality...they vary...ours seemed good...until you sat on it for an hour or so...not too good ! and...regarding the QUEEN beds in rv's ... take your tape measure...you cannot take for granted queen size as what we are used to as standard household queen !'

In addition ... regarding beds ... checkout carefully the bed..some are subpar and wind up being replaced... those with breaks/bends in the middle can be uncomfortable, for the long run and will want a 'topper' to make it to your liking.

Happy hunting !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Interesting on the dream dinette size- ours is short. At least on the Thor site they state the size of every bed in inches- we have only 74 inches on our queen. We are looking to upholstery shops to re-do cushions- anybody out there have a ball park on cost?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:42 PM   #8

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The RV queen is 60x75". I know as I have one. Finally found a place in India that makes striped, gray cotton sheets that fit the Denver mattress.
Could you pass the sheet manufacturer info along? We have never found sheets to fit any of our RVs. Possibly because the mattresses and so thin.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #9

Model: Four Winds 24FS
THOR #7254
I know while looking for a mattress pad it is a "queen short". Didn't realize our was a "short" when I ordered the sheets, will let you know how they fit after the weekend! We pick up our 2017 Four Winds Sprinter this weekend!
Old 04-25-2017, 05:08 PM   #10

THOR #6675
The floor plans are shaky. I saw one where it said you had a choice between the U-dinette and the Dream dinette and there was a 14 inch difference between them. I couldn't figure out where that 14 inches went.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:08 PM   #11
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Could you pass the sheet manufacturer info along? We have never found sheets to fit any of our RVs. Possibly because the mattresses and so thin.
Camping World does carry short queen sheets
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #12

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
I would read the CW reviews before ordering short queen sheets. The top sheet is indeed, just 75" long. My current sheets came from "The Great American Store" through Amazon. They are light gray to match the coach floor and comforter. The DW is an interior decorator. The sheets came via DHL in about 10 days.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:23 PM   #13

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Colorado
THOR #6613
Maybe I'm weird but I've never used any RV specific or special sheets. I just buy the size (king, queen, full, twin) and the extra couple inches of length on the sheets has never even made a difference.

Our first rv had a "queen" bed that was 60X74.

Our Windsport has a 72X76 "king" bed. We use regular king sheets just fine.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #14

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by whytwolf View Post
I think I finally got it through my thick head how this Dream Dinette system works. The only thing standard on a Dream Dinette is the width of the table. The width of the booth seats can vary. So if you're tall like us, some coaches have "shorty" bench seats and that means not only will the converta bed be too short, but the dinette bench seats will not be comfortable to sit in.

It took me too long to figure that out. The floorplans often don't tell the total length and unless you get someone to measure the thing, you might drive an hour each way for nothing. Yeah, I just did that.
Our fifth wheel, when we had it had a dinette like you are talking about. If we kept it I was going to remove the dinette and install a free standing table with chairs. We really didn't need the extra sleeping space the dinette allowed. I cant get confortable in a booth. Our new rig just has a couch with a portable pedistal table. Hopefully that works out.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #15

THOR #6675
I hope it does too. I keep worrying about sleeping for the occasional guest. Even though we never have the occasional guest. Might take a few years to get that out of my head.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #16
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by whytwolf View Post
Oh my. I thought a queen was 60x80.
RV queen is 60X75.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:53 PM   #17
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Floor plans don't tell a lot. I am 5'10" and just spent the first night in our new 23TR with the "queen" bed. my feet hung off about 4 inches.I will have to find a narrow pillow that allows my head to be right up to the head board. Not compaining, the bed itself is comfortable. Just little concessions we have to make when we choose the mobile world I guess.
What I try to do is sleep more on an angle so my feet don't hang over the end.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #18

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
The Great RV bed sheet Dabacle

After 3 RV's I finally outsmarted all the RV manufacturers and the bed sheet makers. My wife buys the good comfortable sheets she wants for us. We take the sheets to a local seamstress along with RV bed measurements. She alters them to our own individual custom needs at $10 each. So nice to have high quality bedding that fits perfectly.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #19

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
After 3 RV's I finally outsmarted all the RV manufacturers and the bed sheet makers. My wife buys the good comfortable sheets she wants for us. We take the sheets to a local seamstress along with RV bed measurements. She alters them to our own individual custom needs at $10 each. So nice to have high quality bedding that fits perfectly.
thats a great idea. I will be passing that along to DW
Old 05-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #20

THOR #6675
Update on the original post. I'm so sick of salespeople. I can't even answer my phone anymore. I know that's their job. I beg them not to give me the "Don't expect to get any service here if you buy anywhere else" shtick and they do it anyway. G my knees. I already have a coach and never had any trouble paying people to work on it. Talk about empty threats. I'm done ranting. LOL.