Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #5442
Store/use battery switch

Last night I accidentally pushed the store/use battery switch on our 2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2 motorhome. This caused everything to go off inside the motorhome. We managed to figure out how to get everything back on, but we cannot get the radio that has the screen for our side and rear cameras to comeback on. We've checked fuses and everything else we know to check (including owners manual) but still cannot get it to come on (not even the clock display that normally stays on). Does anyone have suggestions or know what to try to get it back working? Thank you in an advance for suggestions.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #2

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Oregon
THOR #4145
Your best bet is to remove the whole radio from the dash, remove the main power connector at the rear of the radio for approximately one full minute, and then plug it back in again. That has worked for me. The radio in my Palazzo is a JRV212T. You remove the radio by installing the two u-shaped devices that can be found with all of your Palazzo important papers into the holes found along the left and right sides of the radio's front panel.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I've put 54,000 miles over two years on our Palazzo with never a trouble with the video/radio... until today. Had the unit next to the house with the 'store' button in use for several weeks.
Today, nothing - dead. No radio. No video. nothing - but EVERYTHING else works.
Shore power good. 12v good. Inverter good. Generator good.

Thor says to unplug from shore power, use the 'store' button for several seconds, then back to 'use' setting. Blue lights around the unit light up, radio is playing, but NO video.
ASA(Jensen) says to check 12v power to unit... use 'keys' to remove unit to get to plug to check power. Keys in, but cannot pull out Jensen unit no matter how hard I try, pushing 'keys' in all the way.

Video does light 'up' from time to time, but is a white screen, sometimes with a thin blue line down the middle, but then video is off again.

I don't have any solutions, either... but am going on a trip today and will see if traveling does anything to help it.

Backing is a real beast when you have no Cameras!!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #4

THOR #5442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scintor View Post
Your best bet is to remove the whole radio from the dash, remove the main power connector at the rear of the radio for approximately one full minute, and then plug it back in again. That has worked for me. The radio in my Palazzo is a JRV212T. You remove the radio by installing the two u-shaped devices that can be found with all of your Palazzo important papers into the holes found along the left and right sides of the radio's front panel.

We are searching for the 2 U shaped devices. We bought the motorhome used and we are hoping they are in here somewhere so we can try this. Thank you for the information!!
Old 09-16-2016, 09:14 PM   #5

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Couldn't you find the fuse and pull it?
Or maybe just take a battery cable off for a few seconds?
Old 09-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The 212 has a fuse at the back of the radio and the 212 is notorious for going blank on people.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:27 AM   #7

THOR #5442
Does anyone have this U-shape device they could send me a picture of? We bought our motorhome used and we're not sure if we even have it to help to remove the radio. Thank you in advance
Old 09-17-2016, 03:29 AM   #8

THOR #5442
We've checked the fuse and it's good
Old 09-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #9

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Question

pic of the 'key', and radio with them installed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keys.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	3019   Click image for larger version

Name:	radio.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	3020  

Old 09-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #10

THOR #5442
Thank yo very much!
Old 09-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #11

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
In relation to accidentally hitting the use/store rocker switch, has anyone found any guards or something of the sort to protect from accidental trips from kids or adults with too many drinks? TIA
Old 09-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #12

THOR #5442
We found some wires that worked at WalMart by pressing into the slots. We pulled the radio unit out, pulled the fuse out, checked it to make sure it was still good, waited awhile before putting it back in, and when we did, everything came back on! Thank you to everyone who gave directions on how to do this! It was much appreciated!!
Old 09-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #13
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0 View Post
In relation to accidentally hitting the use/store rocker switch, has anyone found any guards or something of the sort to protect from accidental trips from kids or adults with too many drinks? TIA
Ya know they make those plastic covers for Furnace/Air cond. thermostats for home use...I wonder if you might find one that would fit over that set of switches.
We do not have that problem as it is just 2 of us and KC ... and in our Axis it does not seem to be in a vulnerable place.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:15 AM   #14

State: California
THOR #6915
I could never find the origin of the 12v yellow battery connection. I ran a new line from the battery with a 7.5 amp online fuse. I know Thisbe may bother some but electrical mapping and documentation sucks.

If you have touch screen issues see this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=Pl2-X1VBx68