Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Michigan
THOR #2628
Theater seat question

Does any one know if we can replace our couch with a theater seat in our 15 challenger KT?

KC

Old 10-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
I replaced the couch with theater seating in a Jayco Pinnacle 5th wheel. I used the theater seating from Camping World and it was easy in that it broke down into 5 pieces. You have to make sure you have enough clearance. I used 4 screws to hold the theater seating in place and it worked great. The biggest problem was getting the couch out of the unit. I pretty much had to take it apart.

Fred
Old 10-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I imagine it can be done since it appears the 2016 comes with theater seating standard and the couch as an option.

Someone that has purchased a 2016 Challenger or Miramar might be able to tell us who the manufacturer for their theater seating is.

2 2016 features I like are the theater seating and the pull down shades on the driver and passenger side windows. I looked at a couple of the pull down shades on the market and they are about 290.00 for non motorized in the size needed. They are about 750.00 for the dual shades (solar and black out). That is per shade not for the pair.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:26 AM   #4

THOR #2628
Dave they are expensive but much better than the accordion shades I have now.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCook View Post
Dave they are expensive but much better than the accordion shades I have now.
Totally agree. My question is change over now or wait for the accordions to start deteriorating.

The prices I got are from one firm. I have not checked to see if the folks that manufacture the other shades in the coach have one the size needed for the cab. They may be cheaper.
FMCA - F432054
Old 10-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #6

Model: MIRAMAR 33.5
THOR #2985
Our Miramar came with them and we don't like them! Very uncomfortable, do not lay back and the foot rests on them are hard to fold down and lock into place.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #7
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenbono46 View Post
Our Miramar came with them and we don't like them! Very uncomfortable, do not lay back and the foot rests on them are hard to fold down and lock into place.
Thank you for the info. That is definitely good to know.
FMCA - F432054
Old 10-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
As others have posted, yes it can be done. But, you're going to want to make sure that what goes in has the required clearances to recline, and is actually comfortable.

The RV theater seating seems like a great idea, and a wonderful marketing tool. However, unlike stick-home based units, they are NOT manufactured or designed by LazyBoy! They might look like a theatre recliner, but they feel terrible. The ergonomics are all wrong on many.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #9

THOR #2366
We have Lazy Boy furniture in our house and we are very disappointed with it. In fact, the theater seating that we purchased thru Camping World is much more comfortable. However, it wasn't cheap at $2600.00 for 2 recliners and a 10" middle section. I would research and try different brands to find one that is comfortable. I removed it when we traded the 5er and am think about replacing the couch in our Chateau if my wife will let me take it out of the family room.

Fred
Old 10-22-2015, 11:41 PM   #10

Model: Miramar 34.1
THOR #1212
Threater Seat Upgrade

I am currently looking at a double recliner unit to replace our couch/foldout bed in our 2015 Miramar. The one I am looking at from "Shop4seats.com" has a fold down middle section that creates a tray with cup holders. The middle section also can be raised up for some additional storage. My wife likes recliners and this unit is a wall hugger with two recliners. We hardly use the fold out couch with the air mattress. When it is opened up it goes right up to the fridge making it impossible to walk through to the bath room.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #11

Model: Aria 3901
State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
They did something along that line for the 2016 models I believe, so maybe you can find out what Thor is using...or at least it's dimensions compared to what you want.

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #12

Model: Miramar 34.1
THOR #1212
Threater Seating

Yes I saw that as an option on the 2016 model however it appears the center console is a permanent raised section with tray and cup holders. What I like in the unit from Shop 4 Seats is the center section folds down and can be placed up creating the same flat couch section we have now. I am just debating if we would really miss the pull out bed that we do not seam to use very much now. Also Shop 4 Seats is located in California so I can't see the unit in person just view it on line. The reviews I have read seem pretty good I wonder if anyone else has an experience with Shop 4 Seats, thanks much.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #13

State: Texas
THOR #2871
I don't know who made the entertainment seating in the 2016 Challenger 37KT, but the "incliner mechanism #3140" is made by Leggett & Platt.
2015 Ford Focus
rbmartiniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:38 PM   #14

Model: Chateau 33SW Super C
State: Virginia
THOR #3122
We have a front entertainment center in our coach instead of the bunk. To keep from having to either sit at the dinette or turned sideways on the couch, I replaced the couch with 2 Euro-loungers from Camping World. They have a built-in foot rest, recline, and swivel around so that we are facing the TV. As posted earlier, you probably will have to take the couch apart to get it out of your coach. Unfortunately, theater seats wouldn't work for us. Good Luck
Old 11-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #15

THOR #2366
Did you bolt the Euro-Loungers down? I looked at them on Camping Worlds site and they said they are free standing.

Fred
Old 11-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #16

Model: Chateau 33SW Super C
State: Virginia
THOR #3122
No, we left them free-standing. To recline, they need to be moved out from the wall some. The couch was bolted to the floor and when removed, that left holes. We covered this area with 2 rugs. We left the seat belts that were installed there. When traveling, we secure the chairs with the seat belts. We bought a magazine rack/flip up table from Camping World to put between the chairs. We took off the table so that we have access to the front of the rack at all times. This makes a nice completed look for our motor home. I will take some pictures and post. For us, this arrangement works much better than the sofa.
I see that you have one of the Super C's also but a different floor plan. Where did you find the water shut off valve for the refrigerator icemaker?

Thanks, Mary
Old 11-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #17

THOR #2871
We're they MCD shades?
2015 Ford Focus
Old 11-01-2015, 04:50 PM   #18

THOR #2628
In our KT we would lose our ability to travel with guest if the couch was not bolted down.

KC
Old 11-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #19

THOR #2366
I took the drawer out that is under the fridge and the Ice maker shutoff was behind it. Still undecided as what to do about the couch. I have theater seating that would fit, but might go with the Euro recliner instead.

Fred
Old 11-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #20

THOR #2871
We had two Euro recliners with a small table between them in my former coach. We really liked them. They could be fastened to the floor but we never did.
2015 Ford Focus