Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini TK
State: Nova Scotia
THOR #14078
Post Water system issues - dewinterize - help

Trying to hook up for the first time in my new Gemini TK. Needless to say, the lack of information in the manuals is very frustrating. I need to dewinterize but cannot find any bypass valves. I hooked up city water and it just flowed out of the tankless water heater. Then tried filling the water tank and water just poured out underneath. Looked everywhere but cannot find a solution. Suggestions, please.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
I don't have your particular coach so I can't really help you with valve locations and how to properly dewinterize but these are the things your dealer should have addressed during your delivery walkthrough.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome to the site.

Look again: If you see a panel held on with screws instead of staples it is meant to be removed. Unscrew the panel and remove it--likely you'll find the tank drain valve behind it.

Since your water heater and fill are at the rear of the coach I would start with looking in the bed. Look under the mattress to see if you can remove a panel there (again look for screws).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #14080
Where is my gravity fill?

Hi all, we have a thor siesta 24st (2015) & we can't seem to find the gravity fill in it. We've owned the rig for about 6 months & plan on taking it for a long trip in about 3 weeks. So we wanted to sanitize the tanks. ( We bought it used.) Does anyone know if this model has a gravity fill in it. If not, any ideas on how to sanitize! Thanks so much! Like always, the manual is nondescript!
Old 01-01-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

THOR #14078
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately still didn’t find any valves. Will have to make calls tomorrow. Anyone else out there with a Gemini TK?
Feeling frustrated!
Old 01-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiTK View Post
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately still didn’t find any valves. Will have to make calls tomorrow. Anyone else out there with a Gemini TK?
Feeling frustrated!
I'm not sure of your floorplan as I have a Gemini TR...my low point taps are under the microwave and fridge. I can remove a panel under the fridge (pull panel off clips and then unscrew revealed 2nd panel) and get to them that way or I can pull the drawer under the microwave right out. The tankless water heater bypass tap is in there too. Nancy
Old 01-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #7

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Contact Thor Customer Service and ask them to send you the specific plumbing schematic for you coach that includes all valved for winterizing,etc. The one they sent me was perfect.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Also log into the owner's resource page with your VIN:
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

You'll find a ton of info there as well.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #9

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Are you sure you want to De-Winterize right now?

Awefully cold in your neck of the woods. Not so bad here (today its only 32 deg HI but 40's, 50's then 60's on SAT for Arkansas).

For day trips or weekend trips in the winter we just bring a couple of gallons of drinking water to wash our hands/face with and to drink and flush tolet with.

But make sure you add a little RV antifreeze with each flush / washing. I try to do a 50/50 soluton (Water/Antifreeze).
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #10

THOR #14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
I'm not sure of your floorplan as I have a Gemini TR...my low point taps are under the microwave and fridge. I can remove a panel under the fridge (pull panel off clips and then unscrew revealed 2nd panel) and get to them that way or I can pull the drawer under the microwave right out. The tankless water heater bypass tap is in there too. Nancy

Thanks Nancy. I found the low point taps but still no bypass valve. I fnally got through to Thor and was told that my 2019 Gemini TK water heater does not have a bypass valve. Unfortunately there is some other problem causing the water to pour out and I now have an appointment to get it checked next week.

Thanks all for your support. This is a great forum.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:57 PM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiTK View Post
Thanks Nancy. I found the low point taps but still no bypass valve. I fnally got through to Thor and was told that my 2019 Gemini TK water heater does not have a bypass valve. Unfortunately there is some other problem causing the water to pour out and I now have an appointment to get it checked next week.

Thanks all for your support. This is a great forum.
Well if you are filling the tank and water is pouring on the ground the tank drain valve is still open--no need for service for that; just find the valve and close it. Wherever your tank and pump are you'll find the drain valve.

Tags
bypass valves, dewinterize