Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Axis/Vegas 25.6 w/ full wall slide

Great news for those waiting for a RUV with full wall slide. It appears Thor introduced 4 new floorplans at RVIA show.

TMC Rolling Out New Floorplans At ‘RVIA Show’ | RV Business
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5857.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	7994  

Old 11-27-2017, 10:58 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Interesting:
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/axis/floor-plans/256

Still only has 36 sq ft of exterior storage.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #3

THOR #2121
Jamie, did you notice the new 25V is nearly a Class C version of the Axis 24.1? It's a little wider and has dinette versus couch, but otherwise very similar floorplan.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/fourw...loor-plans/25V

Outside storage is 65 cubic feet.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:52 AM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
We continue to innovate and expand our lineup of floorplans as a result of our research and consumer feedback
Yet you put the same mini-shower in the new floorplan as well as 90 degree TV viewing?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:55 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Jamie, did you notice the new 25V is nearly a Class C version of the Axis 24.1? It's a little wider and has dinette versus couch, but otherwise very similar floorplan.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/fourw...loor-plans/25V

Outside storage is 65 cubic feet.
Interesting, they already had the 24.1 floorplan in the other smaller coaches (like the Compass 24LP). I bet its a marketing thing: trying popular floorplans in other coaches to see if they catch on there.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #6

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting, they already had the 24.1 floorplan in the other smaller coaches (like the Compass 24LP). I bet its a marketing thing: trying popular floorplans in other coaches to see if they catch on there.

Comparing the Chateau 25V Class C which is so close to an Axis 24.1 Class A, the one difference that jumps out the most is the difference of $20,000 in MSRP.

Granted the Axis comes with more "standard" features that are "options" on Chateau (larger A/C, TVs, etc.), but it's hard to imagine that these differences add anywhere close to $20k.

Since essentially built on same chassis, and are of same size, it answers the question of how much it cost to build a Class A versus similar Class C. After options and discounts, I'd guess probably in range of $10k or so.

By the way, minor difference is that extra Chateau width makes bathroom layout a little more open. It's a subtle change I missed initially. The shower pan is not covered as much by sink, and toilet is square to wall, not angled like in Axis 24.1. The extra 5 inches of width does make a little difference.

Now if they'd eliminate the slide and reduce price another $5k.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Comparing the Chateau 25V Class C which is so close to an Axis 24.1 Class A, the one difference that jumps out the most is the difference of $20,000 in MSRP.

Granted the Axis comes with more "standard" features that are "options" on Chateau (larger A/C, TVs, etc.), but it's hard to imagine that these differences add anywhere close to $20k.

Since essentially built on same chassis, and are of same size, it answers the question of how much it cost to build a Class A versus similar Class C. After options and discounts, I'd guess probably in range of $10k or so.

By the way, minor difference is that extra Chateau width makes bathroom layout a little more open. It's a subtle change I missed initially. The shower pan is not covered as much by sink, and toilet is square to wall, not angled like in Axis 24.1. The extra 5 inches of width does make a little difference.

Now if they'd eliminate the slide and reduce price another $5k.
Not only is it 5" wider its 11" longer.

You can see the width in the space between the rear beds; 5" extra there would make for a lot more room (and a huge king when the beds are made up as one).

Strangely enough they show the shower as 27x27 on both floorplans...I'd make that a little bigger if I had an extra 5"x11". It doesn't look like they made the bathroom any bigger, just the hallway is a little wider (note that the two bathroom doors are of unequal length in the Four Winds).
Old 11-28-2017, 03:42 PM   #8

THOR #2121
Quote:
Not only is it 5" wider its 11" longer.

You can see the width in the space between the rear beds; 5" extra there would make for a lot more room (and a huge king when the beds are made up as one).

Strangely enough they show the shower as 27x27 on both floorplans...I'd make that a little bigger if I had an extra 5"x11". It doesn't look like they made the bathroom any bigger, just the hallway is a little wider (note that the two bathroom doors are of unequal length in the Four Winds).
I think the effective length of the "house" should be similar even though the Axis is shorter by almost a foot. I think this happens because the driver and passenger seats are moved forward almost a foot, leaving driver and passenger much further up above engine.

Specs show same 188" wheelbase, so Chateau/Four Winds Class C may have a little longer rear overhang.

Not that I need an RV that large, but I'm actually interested in seeing the 25V Class C in person. At least it solves one of my concerns with 24.1 -- lack of forward facing seats (hence why I prefer dinette).

In a pinch it also allows bicycles to be stored in overhead bed, which isn't as user friendly as a bike garage but it can work. Plus who knows, maybe the underbed storage compartment in 25V won't be partially cut in half by small drawers between beds, making rear storage more usable.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
These new floorplans look pretty interesting... Are you gonna pull the trigger on one of them?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:10 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Quote:
Great news for those waiting for a RUV with full wall slide. It appears Thor introduced 4 new floorplans at RVIA show.

TMC Rolling Out New Floorplans At ‘RVIA Show’ | RV Business
Nice, I would have bought that if it were available earlier this year but still love our 24.1.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Nice, I would have bought that if it were available earlier this year but still love our 24.1.
You have a ton more outside storage (ok almost 2x more) than that one has.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #12

THOR #2121
Interesting that Thor remains fully committed to full wall slides. Three of the four new floorplans have them. It's unfortunate that they didn't at least have one new no-slide floorplan introduction during RVIA.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I didn't see it on the floorplan that you posted: Are they using their "3Trax" slide system on these new setups?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #14
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Some videos:
Walkthrough of the Vegas 25.6:

A walkthrough of the Four Winds 25V (yeah the title is wrong):
Old 11-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #15
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
They were almost having too much fun in that first video.

...Almost!
Old 11-29-2017, 01:04 AM   #16

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
WE went with the 25.2 because it has a larger bathroom and shower. The shower in the 25.2 is awesome! Don't really think the new one would be better for us. Once you slide you have a larger living room, but it isn't really usable space, just bigger. We really like the rear slide as well, it gives you the walk around bed but stays slim in case of small areas.

Some campgrounds have trees close and it lakes it hard.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #17
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Note in the video that they show (for about a whole 2 seconds) the new "power jacks" that come standard.

Look more like they are power scissor jacks (actually looks a lot like these jacks).

Edit: Not those videos, but this video shows the jacks (at the 2:10 point):
Old 11-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #18

THOR #2121
Quote:
.....cut.....

A walkthrough of the Four Winds 25V (yeah the title is wrong):
Thanks for posting video of 25V. As can be seen in screen shot, the rear under-beds storage compartment is quite a bit different than in Axis 24.1.

Maybe they do read this forum, or maybe the designers at Class Cs think in greater detail. One nice detail compared to Axis 24.1 is that passenger-side door is longer by reaching further back. Another is that floor is dropped between frame rails. It's hard to see on picture, but it would be nice if there is enough room for a spare tire between frame rails. It may not be long enough front to back.

The downside is that they made the driver's side smaller, with a tiny door. At least they added door at back wall to make storage-compartment access easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5870.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	8016  
Old 11-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #19

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
This last photo shows the rear bumper is the old square stinky stinky storage. Not that the current one is functional, it does look better.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #20

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I would have definitely gone with this Four Winds 25V had it been available in 2015 when I bought my Vegas 24.1. We love the 24.1 floorplan. In this 25V I like the dinette, gas oven & microwave, large rectangular kitchen sink. We also would have liked a Class C for the driver & passenger doors. Also like the 25V's cab over bunk and the dash and storage between the front seats. I did notice that you'd have to add lots of options to have a 25V configured as my Vegas (15K A/C, tank heaters, 2 attic fans, 32" TV in bedroom, exterior tv, heated exterior mirrors & rear cameras, outside shower, & second house battery. Don't know what adding all those options would do to the price -- but I still see advantages over the Axis. Also, would not have the windshield worries I have with the Axis' behemoth windshield.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote