Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26A
State: Florida
THOR #981
We downsized from a Tiffin and had very similar quality controls. As I said once before, manufacturers don't seem to pay attention to Quality Control and perhaps feel its cheaper to give the dealers some extra care money to chase after issues. If they only knew how much this negative publicity due to not caring about Customer Delight is really hurting their bottom line, they would fix the QC issues on the assembly line.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #22

THOR #943
Once again disappointed with THOR. I believe they should change their name to THORN because they have been a thorn in many THOR owners side.
They just don't care. We were promised after our last phone conversation with D. C. from Thor that he would be in contact with us every week. Well a week went by and no update from him. So my wife called today and he really didn't know where they were with resolving the numerous issues with our coach.
Dwayne was asked to have answers to our questions and a timeline of when the coach would be taken care of.
Not a thing has happened and a week has gone by.
We are at the point of definitely making it known in many ways that THOR is not the company they want to purchase from.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:23 AM   #23

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
Hi Ratboy... Who is working on your unit, Thor or a dealer? Thanks...
Old 11-07-2014, 01:59 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashburner View Post
Add me to the list. Brand new ACE and I'm scared to death to drive it. Chipped counter tops, screen door does not close, rear sliding bedroom doors broke off, automatic leveling system doesn't touch front levelers. And of course it a rattle box. If I keep it under 35 mph it seems tolerable. My wife and I are now fighting because I had to have it. 36 years old I should've bought a Porsche instead. Should I call my dealer 3 hours away or should I call thor? Thanks.
Handling problems are different then QC problems, tbough some could mix.
First, go to a truck alignment shop and get it aligned, then call Thor and tell them to reimburse you. It will be out of alignment by a wide margin.
Second, consider the CHF, ie Mckinley mod, ( google it) at least to the front end. A blue ox trac bar to the rear and you should be able to drive it. To bad they don't just do this at the factory.

As for the wife, take her to AR diamond crater state park and let her dig for a diamond.. or by her one..
Old 11-07-2014, 02:31 AM   #25

THOR #943
It was at Camping World and they were working with Thor. That didn't work. The slide was in such bad non working order they had no idea how to fix it. It literally fell apart and the motors broke off. Trim broke away from slide and when it was replaced it now bows out. The slide leaks big time. Flooded flooring during a rain storm. Many other repairs not done also. Flooring needs to be replaced, drivers seat needs to be replaced, outside compartment doors are not aligned, etc.
Thor picked it up at Camping World, Cocoa, FL and transported it to the factory in IN. It was picked up Oct. 17th and delivered to factory Oct. 20th. In speaking with Thor today they have no idea what has been done. They are suppose to call me tomorrow with everything they have done and still needs to be done.
At this point the coach is in such bad shape that they should be willing to replace it with a new coach. Did i mention we have only been able to put 2000 miles on it and most of that is traveling back and forth to Camping World in hopes of getting repairs for seven months.
When we talk with anyone at Thor, which we have been communicating with them since March of 2014, you get nothing but promises and a run around. I don't want to be pacified.
They say they will look into replacing everything with brand new parts. So I spent this much money on a new coach and I am going to end up with a refurbished coach that I haven't been able to use since purchase.
Something wrong. Thor, step up to the plate and take care of your customers. Don't be a THORN!!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #26

State: Nevada
THOR #970
Florida has lemon law, I would talk to a lawyer if this does not get settled at the factory.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #27

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by malabarbob View Post
We downsized from a Tiffin and had very similar quality controls. As I said once before, manufacturers don't seem to pay attention to Quality Control and perhaps feel its cheaper to give the dealers some extra care money to chase after issues. If they only knew how much this negative publicity due to not caring about Customer Delight is really hurting their bottom line, they would fix the QC issues on the assembly line.
If you don't mind me asking, how was your Tiffen?? I've been doing some research and reading up on their product! It looks they have a quality product, did the owners sign one of the cabinet doors??
Old 11-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #28

Model: 2015 Tuscany 40EX
State: South Dakota
THOR #1260
We have a custom factory 2015 Thor Tuscany 40EX and we have a torn corner of ceiling fabric that is missing. That can not be fixed with out dropping molding cabinets to replace the panel. This is just one of the ceiling problems. Pretty much told you will have to live with it because of the can of worms it would open up. How does that get missed in QC and leave the factory. We have so many major & minor problems I can not begin to tell you. Every time I make a payment it makes me sick and pissed off at the lack of care and quality of this so called high end MH. I guess Thor thinks this is just minor and don't complain.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:04 AM   #29

State: California
THOR #1226
We just bought a Windsport that should be delivered in about 3 weeks. After reading all of these problems that people our having with Thor, I'm worried. I thought Thor made a good RV. We had not new to RVing and will make sure things are fixed before we take delivery.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #30

THOR #1260
Good Luck! Because you don't always find everything right a way until you have been in it a while.

Take hours to check it out. I will see if I can find a check list that we used and still missed things.

check every foot, open/close it. look at alinement of doors in side/out, check the ceiling. turn everything on/off. check the paint.

Repairs to fix everything at pick up can take weeks and months.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #31

THOR #1260
Who do you go to at Thor to make sure you get your money back. After 3mos in the new MH our water pump died. Contacted Thor who ask for a copy of the bill and sent out a return label for part. How long will it take to get money back? Will I have to fight to get that back too.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #32

THOR #1260
I am with you on that, when you spend abut $300.000 for a MH you do not expect crap... When you call you are made all kinds of promises and nothing is done. When you order from the factory you are told that's the way to go to get a custom MH. This is or 4th custom order RV from a factory of all of them this is the most costly and worst built, QC, CS. etc. As we were told you will have a beautiful MH when built. Well! Junk is junk and yes it can be made pretty but if it falls a part or does not run every time you go out it is a costy yard ornaments.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #33

THOR #1260
Well! after 3 1/2 months and making a statement on this blog not sure if it is a coincident we received the letter & survey. It would be nice if the survey was taken to heart and that people who buy Thor products would be heard and made priority for repairs and promise made good.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #34

THOR #943
malabarbob,
Where do you take your four winds for warranty work and repairs?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #35

State: North Carolina
THOR #607
I have had several issues with my 2013 Challenger, but I can say that Thor has stood behind every problem. I have had excellent response from them and even received service after the warranty ran out. If anyone would like recommendations with ongoing problems give me a call at 910-389-8865.

Bob
Thor Motor Coach Owners Club
tmcoc.org
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #36

THOR #1260
Thank you for your support.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #37

THOR #607
You are welcome
tmcoc.org
Old 11-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #38

Model: Hurricane 30Q
State: Ontario
THOR #1301
another unhappy camper...

Hi everyone, my first post here( wish i knew about this forum long ago...)
Have purchased a Hurricane 30Q back in 2011. While still under warranty had some issues-awning started creating huge bubbles when raining, side molding came apart, microwave stopped working. All was good as dealer did all the repairs at no cost. The latest issue got me questioning the Thor quality. The black water tank started leaking when got more than 1/2 full. A seam had a pin hole, as the bottom of tank had no support and was sagging. Did the tank replacement at the dealer ( at my own cost) and they asked Thor if a partial discount will be applied but no response yet in 2 weeks.
Wandering if anyone had the same problem and Thor should have a recall for defective plastic tanks.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #39

THOR #607
If I were you I would call Thor warranty, explain the situation and ask for a refund. Not saying you'll get out, but there is a good chance you'll get something.
tmcoc.org
Old 11-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #40

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
agreed. Call. don't let things like this sit, waiting for a call back.
If still no response, write a very short and polite letter, sent certified mail return receipt, to Thor's CEO.

seems like a defective tank, maybe not directly Thor's fault, but you would expect things to be leak tested, eh?

I guess I'm not a trusting soul.... I made the walk through PDI tech wait while I filled up every tank completely full, then I crawled under the coach with a flashlight. the dealership had very low flow rate through their hose at the PDI stands, and this took a very very very long time.