Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,931
THOR #2121
Thor/Four Winds Majestic Class C Line?

In searching this forum and also Google, I find that Thor/Four Winds "Majestic" brand Class Cs seem associated with Cruise America only. Is that right?

According to archives I've seen, three of the four floorplans are or were also available under Chateau line (I believe 19G, 23U, 28A), but I can't find anything on the 27G, which is very similar to an Axis 25.2 except with permanent rear bed.

I've never rented a 27G because they were not available in my area/market, but I like the floorplan -- on paper anyway. It reminds me of the the Axis 25.2 except with a dinette, a permanent rear bed, and true MegaStorage under the rear bed. These are all features I want.

Did Thor make these strictly for Cruise America, or is/was this Majestic line also sold for private use?
__________________

__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
dstankov's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Entegra Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 3,363
THOR #1469
Chance,

If they are older units it's possible Majestic was a model of Four Winds International before and shortly after Thor acquired them in the late 1990s.
__________________

__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
Chester, VA
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
FMCA - F432054
dstankov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
Posts: 267
THOR #4117
I can't speak for the 27G, but the 28A has all the things you mention plus it has a sofa but it is a little longer. I have a 2005 28A and like it.
__________________
tenbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,931
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Chance,

If they are older units it's possible Majestic was a model of Four Winds International before and shortly after Thor acquired them in the late 1990s.
Dave, I did find a much older 26Q in the Four Winds archives with essentially identical floorplan to 27G except that swivel seat behind passenger seat was replaced with short one-person bench for Cruise America. The older FW motorhomes also didn't appear to have as large a MegaStorage compartment as I want.

If Cruise America rentals didn't have so many miles and possibly been subjected to abuse, I'd consider buying one of their 2011 Class Cs to keep for a couple of years until I see new motorhomes I like better.
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,931
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbear View Post
I can't speak for the 27G, but the 28A has all the things you mention plus it has a sofa but it is a little longer. I have a 2005 28A and like it.
I've rented the 28A before and like it a lot too, although it's a little larger than we need for the two of us with occasional travel with two others.

The 27G (which I've only seen from outside at Lake Tahoe) has a few additional features I like even better than the 28A floorplan we've rented -- besides being a little shorter.

I like the aero front cap; which unfortunately makes into smaller bed but that's OK. Two adults in overhead bunk is a tough fit anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1883  
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:44 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,931
THOR #2121
By the way, another feature I like better in 27G versus larger 28A is that bathroom is all in one. I know many larger and luxury RVs have split baths, but we prefer all in one. This motorhome's bathroom is very similar to that of Axis 25.2 which I like best.

The general floorplan seems similar to 25.2 also, with dinette replacing couch. And without the one-person bench, the entry door would be moved forward and kitchen made bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1886  
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,931
THOR #2121
Perhaps it's Cruise America management working out design details to a much greater degree than Thor would do on their own, but to me this motorhome seems to be detailed much better. Maybe it's to keep it simple and hence more rugged to be used by inexperienced renters. Either way it seems practical and functional.

The bathroom door pivots on simple hinge. Not much to figure out, rattle, or go wrong.

The MegaStorage rear compartment has built-in picnic table and space for spare tire; features on 28A also.

Given the limited size of kitchen counter, they use a 2-burner gas stove with flush glass-top.

And generator is under dinette instead of under bedroom.

It's really too bad Thor doesn't build an Axis/Vegas version of this floorplan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1892  
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:10 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
Posts: 226
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Perhaps it's Cruise America management working out design details to a much greater degree than Thor would do on their own, but to me this motorhome seems to be detailed much better. Maybe it's to keep it simple and hence more rugged to be used by inexperienced renters. Either way it seems practical and functional.

The bathroom door pivots on simple hinge. Not much to figure out, rattle, or go wrong.

The MegaStorage rear compartment has built-in picnic table and space for spare tire; features on 28A also.

Given the limited size of kitchen counter, they use a 2-burner gas stove with flush glass-top.

And generator is under dinette instead of under bedroom.

It's really too bad Thor doesn't build an Axis/Vegas version of this floorplan.

As a person "still looking" i like your way of thinking. Keep us posted on other things you like. I was convinced to buy a Thor Axis 24.1 with that new 6 speed tranny and the bigger chassis, but when it all came down to it, i discovered i just didn't want to commit that much capital to such a quickly depreciating asset even though doing it would be so much fun in my old age. If you come across a used layout in any brand that you like, i'd appreciate hearing about it. thanks.
__________________
Teeitup26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:12 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,931
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
As a person "still looking" i like your way of thinking. Keep us posted on other things you like. I was convinced to buy a Thor Axis 24.1 with that new 6 speed tranny and the bigger chassis, but when it all came down to it, i discovered i just didn't want to commit that much capital to such a quickly depreciating asset even though doing it would be so much fun in my old age. If you come across a used layout in any brand that you like, i'd appreciate hearing about it. thanks.
What I've been looking for hasn't changed at all since we started looking. Unfortunately if I can't find the right motorhome I will have to accept major compromises; which I prefer not doing because I just end up regretting it later.

Basically my ideal motorhome would be an Axis 25.2 with a dinette in place of the couch, and with Twin/King beds (or a queen) instead of a rear slide. Thor could easily do it and keep length at 27-feet like on 25.4 floorplan. I just don't see owning a rear slide to save 6- to 12-inches in MH length, plus giving up a lot of storage space too (inside and out).

While searching today I found older Fleetwood Fiesta 26Y that is about as close to what I've been looking for as anything I've seen. We want new, but would consider a low-mileage motorhome in excellent condition provided it's no more than 5 years old. Unfortunately most MHs without slides are much older. This particular one is 10 years old.

I don't know much about Fleetwood products so I can't recommend it, but this floorplan, at 27-feet long, just shows that what I'm looking for is possible in a compact MH. I also find it very interesting that they offered floorplan options like couch versus dinette, and twin versus queen beds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1897  
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:42 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,931
THOR #2121
Older motorhomes also didn't have a built-in folding table or a dedicated place to store a spare tire. This kind of MegaStorage compartment could be included on an Axis since it is built on E-Series chassis like Class Cs are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1899  
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,129
THOR #1150
Here you go Chance: Just custom build your own motorhome:
Custom-motorhome
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×